Author Topic: Was Kate surprised to find out who cassidy actually was?  (Read 7573 times)

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Was Kate surprised to find out who cassidy actually was?
« on: April 02, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »
I don't see it in here yet so here we go,

Kate didn't seem too shocked when cassidy answered the door,  wouldn't she find it strange that Sawyer dated/conned/fathered a kid with someone she just happened upon one day prior to the crash,

Cassidy was clearly surprised but I didn't notice Kate even flinch>

Anybody???

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Was Kate surprised to find out who cassidy actually was?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 05:42:13 PM »
Good point. But maybe after the smoke monster, nothing shocks you anymore.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 05:43:50 PM »

Kate didn't seem too shocked when cassidy answered the door,  wouldn't she find it strange that Sawyer dated/conned/fathered a kid with someone she just happened upon one day prior to the crash,

Anybody???

It might have just been off camera i.e. while she was tracking Cassidy down she made the connection.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 05:44:28 PM »
I think they allready talked on the phone to make an appointment, we saw Kate talking to her on the phone a couple of times.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 05:47:24 PM »

Anybody???

It might have just been off camera i.e. while she was tracking Cassidy down she made the connection.

Actually further to this,  it seemed like the first time Cassidy met her she was all pissed of with kate from like a jealous perspective I started to wonder if the person we saw kate talking on the phone was actually cassidy or not.  By the end of the episode I realized they had become friends.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 07:17:30 PM »
Yeah, I thought it was weird how they seemed to gloss over the two knowing each other too.  Did anyone else think Clementine didn't exist or was it just me?  I thought that was the case back when she told Sawyer about her in jail.  I thought she was just conning Sawyer out of money to get back at him.  And then when Kate asked about Clementine, Cassidy said she was sleeping, which sounded like a lame excuse.  I think it would've been a good twist.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 07:30:47 PM »

Anybody???

Right. 

Her mystery Island adventure has made her pretty well impervious to any "WOW" factor.  It was probably just a "Hmm." lol

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 09:33:30 PM »
Never really gave it a second thought.  But I am sure Sawyer said the Mom's name was Cassidy and didn't have Kate hunting around a small crate of Clementine's.

There are serious continuity issues on the show

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 09:43:07 AM »

I agree, surviving a plane crash, being on an island where a paraplegic man can walk, a column of smoke can trow trees 50 feet into the air, you have to push a button every 108 minutes or the sky turns purple, a bunch of mercenaries come to kill you, and while in a helicopter the island you were trying to return to dissapears in a blinding flash.

Seeing that a woman you met about a year earlier is the mother of your on island fling's daughter, shouldn't surprise anyone.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 09:48:26 AM »
Didn't Cassidy tell Kate about Sawyer when she met her, perhaps not by name but in general. hmm will have to watch that again

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 12:13:14 PM »
Didn't Cassidy tell Kate about Sawyer when she met her, perhaps not by name but in general. hmm will have to watch that again

She did mention that she was with a guy who conned her out of her money, but it was sort of just a conversation point. She didn't go into detail about him at all really.

Offline Floyd25

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 01:10:06 PM »
I'm thinking they already knew eachother, another Lost coincadence (sp?).  They  we def. too comfortable with eachother.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 01:16:23 PM »
I'm thinking they already knew eachother, another Lost coincadence (sp?).  They  we def. too comfortable with eachother.
The did know each other.  Cassidy helped Kate escape the authorities by disguising herself as Kate.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »

She did mention that she was with a guy who conned her out of her money, but it was sort of just a conversation point. She didn't go into detail about him at all really.

Well either way not sure if we will see Cassidy again, unless the ending has them all coming off a plane and this time James will have Cassidy and little Clem as well as Kate, the Aaron his grandmom and possibly Claire!

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 01:57:18 PM »
They did have a relatively strong relationship before Kate left on 815.