Author Topic: Change and Sacrifice  (Read 1505 times)

Offline The Boy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Change and Sacrifice
« on: April 02, 2009, 11:08:48 AM »
All of the losties are Changing and having to Sacrifice something:

Jack - won't save a life / Not willing to lead (sacrificing changing Ben into a normal/not a mean version of Ben)

Kate- Feels remorse for taking Aaron (sacrificing aaron)

Hurley- Able to explain/understand things->he explains time travel to Miles (Sacrificing ??)

Sawyer- Now a leader (sacrificed his love for Kate)

Locke-  (sacrificed his life)

Anybody have thoughts on this?...Make any changes??  Add on??

Offline Lady Penelope

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Change and Sacrifice
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 09:15:28 AM »
Also...

All the losties are saving someone:
Kate - Trying to Save Aaron (by getting back Claire) and also Ben (by taking him to the others.
Sawyer - Trying to save the losties from Dharma
Sayid - Trying to save himself (and maybe the other losties in turn by shooting boy Ben)
Locke - Trying to save the island and the losties left behind.
Sun - Trying to save Jin
Hurley - Not sure if he is saving anyone yet, but maybe he intends to save Charlie in some way hence guitar case.
Jack - Always tries to save everyone but it sitting back now......which leads me onto my next point.

jack is the one who always did the most 'fixing' mending of situations and trying to save people as much as possible. Is he the problem? Is he the most important one cause he keeps messing up the way sthings should be. Remember Charlie and Des episode where Des sees Charlie die all the time and says I cant keep saving you, you're gonna have to die....and lets him. Maybe Jack because of his absolute need to save everyone has caused the most problems? Maybe thats why he was asked to get everyone back to the island???

Just a thought??

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 09:53:55 AM »
That is very interesting LP. But technically Des didn't just let Charlie die. He tried to run into the room and Charlie actually kinda saved him by closing the door. Des would have wanted to get in there to talk to Penny; but seeing Mikhail behind him, Charlie prevented Des from getting in, thus, saving his life. So Charlie did sacrifice himself to save Desmond and all his friends.

Offline Lady Penelope

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 01:11:54 PM »
Yes you are right Charlie didn't let Des intervene and save his life but he would never had done that had he been told that he should die. He did it to maintain what he thought was fate/destiny/the way things are menat to be.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 01:14:18 PM »
Thats true. You can kind of look at it both ways I guess. But you are saying does make a lot of sense.