Author Topic: The "Other" 815ers...&...The Tail Section Survivers  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
The "Other" 815ers...&...The Tail Section Survivers
« on: March 31, 2009, 05:40:42 PM »
If there is a thread about this already I am sorry?

I know we all wonder about Bernard and Rose and what they are up to....

But would they not be in 1977 also? If they where flashing around time with the group of 815ers/freighter people/and Juliet

Wouldn't Bernard and Rose, and a few other "red shirts", would they not be on the beach somewhere? For 3 years?

And if Richard doesn't flash does that mean "the others" didn't flash? But what about Cindy and the 2 kids? Zack and Emma

I mean has Cindy and the kids wandering in the Jungle for 3 years?

I mean what have these people been doing for 3 years?

And minus Richard (I guess we assume he doesn't flash) but what about the real "others" people like Juliet?

Wouldn't they be in a whole lot of trouble wandering the jungle also?

We all have seen what a nice guy Widmore/others can be to intruders.....

Offline Zinzi

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: The "Other" 815ers...&...The Tail Section Survivers
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 06:03:45 PM »
Yes I'd forgotten how many tailees were captured by the Others, I just checked out the Body count page on Lostpedia and there are 10 tailees in camp Other including Zack & Emma.  WHEN are we going to get their story?!  Poor forgotten tailees!  :(

I'm not sure how many redshirt mid section survivors are left alive, even after reading the Body count page!?  ;D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:06:46 PM by Zinzi »

Offline IdCenteredNurse

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 06:19:48 PM »
I mentioned the children that were grabbed in another thread but had forgotten about Cindy.  I hope they show their journey and experiences in an episode.  I painfully regret missing the first season and I need to take the time to watch it.   Any suggestions on where to view it online?
I came back from Europe after the first season and my friends couldn't stop talking about this great new show LOST!  I felt like I had missed out on something great and totally excluded from their conversations theories about the show all summer.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 06:46:31 PM »
When Richard gets the bullet out of Locke's leg by the beach craft, Locke asks, "Where did you go?" and Richard responds, "We didn't go anywhere, John, you went." Which leads me to believe that the Others stayed on with normally-moving 2005-time. I think the Others now include Cindy, the rest of the tailies, and the kids, since they "came to watch" when Juliet was put on trial.

I would also assume that R&B are in 1977 as well, since they flashed with Sawyer, Jin, etc.

Offline LOSTNightmaregk13

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 08:45:11 PM »
that also reminds em that John told Richard (when richard gives John his compass) where he would be (near the plane) but how did he knew the exact time where he would be (time and date...)
weird
didn't make much sense ^^;

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 03:38:25 PM »
that also reminds em that John told Richard (when richard gives John his compass) where he would be (near the plane) but how did he knew the exact time where he would be (time and date...)
weird

We don't know that he told him that in 1954 or yet for that matter,  (maybe sometime in johns future re 2007/2008 - richards past?)

Or, ethan came back and was like "I just shot this guy in the jungle, then he said Ben made him leader and then he disappeared"

Then Richard remembers meeting John in 54? and figures thats they guy And asks Ehtan where exactly he shot the guy.

Offline LOSTNightmaregk13

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 04:14:30 PM »
thats strange hmm  ???

still why would Richard lie
he told John that... John told him that he was there
so why lie

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 04:49:44 PM »
thats strange hmm  ???

still why would Richard lie
he told John that... John told him that he was there
so why lie

I love lost transcripts,

From jughead, coutesy lostpedia

RICHARD: I gave you this?

LOCKE: Yes.

RICHARD: After you were shot in the leg and I... wandered out of the jungle to patch you up?

LOCKE: That's right.

RICHARD: Then why don't I remember... well, any of this?

LOCKE: Because it hasn't happened yet.

RICHARD: [Chuckles] I'm not sure what you're expecting me to say, John Locke.

LOCKE: I expect you to tell me how to get off the Island.

RICHARD: That's very privileged information. Why would I share it with you?

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 06:11:21 PM »
When Richard gets the bullet out of Locke's leg by the beach craft, Locke asks, "Where did you go?" and Richard responds, "We didn't go anywhere, John, you went." Which leads me to believe that the Others stayed on with normally-moving 2005-time. I think the Others now include Cindy, the rest of the tailies, and the kids, since they "came to watch" when Juliet was put on trial.

I would also assume that R&B are in 1977 as well, since they flashed with Sawyer, Jin, etc.

The might be others....But they where on the plane (815)....I mean do we just assume that if you are with Church of Jacob you don't flash/time travel....

Plus we know Frogurt died and a few others....but there should be more than a few left, not including B&R

They were all flashing, the assumption would be that they went to 1974---and have been there also for 3 years

Not that I have a concern but would we not assume that Richard/Widmore/Hawkins(maybe) and the rest of 1970's type others be looking to take out these intruders

Offline toadsage

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 06:17:30 PM »
i thot most of them died when keamey and his boys attacked "othertown". right? ???

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 06:46:20 PM »
R&B (Rose and Bernard, not Rhythm and Blues) will be found to have been flashing around in time, matching the jumps that Locke and Company were doing.  They may have stayed near the beach/caves during the jumps, rather than explore around.  I imagine Rose demanding of Bernard "NOW what did you do?" or something every time they jump.  (the husband is always at fault in any unwanted time travel).  I imagine they emerged safe, if confused, in the end at 1977.  Seeing that they never showed up in Dharmaville, they were probably found by the others and have joined them.  We will meet them eventually, when Sayid joins the Othertown settlers.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 07:30:17 PM »
maybe.  when Juliet got her little burn mark tattoo thing that made her not part of the group of others that would not flash.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 11:36:57 AM »
weird

Yeah, I've mentioned this before as not fully explained.  There's no way for John to know when Richard fixed his leg.  The only thing that makes sense is that, after Ethan shot John, he flashed back to the original 2005 time.  So Richard 2005 remembers being told in 1954 by John that he will fix his leg "by the crashed plane" after he starts flashing.  Richard sees John flash and disappear in 1954.  When he sees him flash and disappear in 2005, he realizes this is the moment John had been talking about and immediately heads for Yemi's plane with compass in hand and, sure enough, finds a wounded John there, fixes his leg and gives him the compass.

Offline captaintau

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 06:29:24 PM »
Sorry for thread necromancy but I was thinking about this earlier. It SEEMS, now that we have the end of the series that the 2005-era 815 Survivors were time jumping, but the Others weren't. This is evidenced by them disappearing when Locke is in their camp in "Because you left".

Now, why is Juliet time jumping? Is it because she isn't a native to the island like most of the Others presumably are?

So on that basis, what of Cindy, Emma, Zack and co. Have they been somehow inducted into the Others as they on one of Jacob's lists (if they even exist or if they're information gathering by Mikael (who must surely still be alive... surely) at Ben's request)? Or are they time jumping and therefore Lost on the island?

It does also seem a tragedy that all of the remaining survivors of 815 are now dead. There was the potential to bring in any one of them as a new main character. It's almost a waste them living that long.