Author Topic: What's Up With Sawyer Voting To Off Sayid?  (Read 2591 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: What's Up With Sawyer Voting To Off Sayid?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 12:09:51 PM »
I think that Sawyer adamantly opposing it, and then agreeing, seems to be more suspicious. Sawyer should have stuck to his guns and said he would have nothing to do with an execution when there is no reason for it. Add to that, it breaks the truce! Sawyer has plenty of good reasons to say no without being suspicious. I was very disappointed when Sawyer voted to kill Sayid.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 12:13:12 PM »
I think that Sawyer adamantly opposing it, and then agreeing, seems to be more suspicious. Sawyer should have stuck to his guns and said he would have nothing to do with an execution when there is no reason for it. Add to that, it breaks the truce! Sawyer has plenty of good reasons to say no without being suspicious. I was very disappointed when Sawyer voted to kill Sayid.
Thaks, JB.  You said what I meant much more clearly.  It just makes no sense to me.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 03:28:36 PM »
Sawyer did do the logical thing. After all, he's more friends with H. (that's how he calls him) than he ever was with Sayid (remember the terrorist jokes and the torture?). But since Sayid was innocent, he wanted to let him go. The proud Iraqi soldier naturally refused.

Now imagine this: Ben never frees Sayid, they take him out for a public execution. Radzinsky suggests LeFleur doing it, since he is the head of security. Kate and Hurley watch in terror as LeSawyer painfully raises the shotgun. Two possible outcomes:
1) He actually kills Sayid feeling forever guilty. Hunted by nightmares, he kills himself.
2) Jack loses it and kicks Lefleur in the face, grabs the gun, kills Phil before he gets a chance to shoot, and runs off into the jungle with Sayid. Kate and Hurley no longer talk to Sawyer. Hunted by nightmares, he kills himself.

Ben did LeFleur a huge favor by releasing Sayid. But now Sayid has outdone himself by shooting Ben. Sawyer no longer has a moral obligation to defend Sayid, that's why next time they meet Sawyer will probably not be too friendly. Maybe he will end up shooting him.

Offline IdCenteredNurse

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 05:24:15 PM »
I agree with the other poster about this being Sawyers Long Con.  At least I hope so.  He is always one step ahead as we see soon after raising his hand in agreement with the group hes off to give Sayid a way out.  The only thing that troubles me with LeFleur is his contentment with knowing the purge is coming at the hands of Mini  Ben at the hands of the others and not expressing a plan to prevent the ruin of his new Utopia.   He has already expressed his giving up on the Chosen 6 returning so I doubt he was waiting on their return to devise a plan.  Then his comment to Jack during the assault on Hippyville that they  were messing things up in a short amount of time.  Perhaps I am impatient or just prefer the plotting scheming James over the smell the daisies LeFleur.  I have to assume the Incident will bring out his old self.