Take over the Sub
The Black Rock
The Temple
The Donkey Wheel
Someplace else
Finds other way off island
Dies
Meets up w/ Locke

Author Topic: Where Will Sayid Go Poll  (Read 7331 times)

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Where Will Sayid Go Poll
« on: March 27, 2009, 10:47:00 AM »
You may change your vote, but you can't see the results unless you vote in some way.  Let's give Sayid some direction.....

Offline Jas0n

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Where Will Sayid Go Poll
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 10:49:18 AM »
i think he will go to... the dirt... as in dead, he will probably die, although I hope he doesn't. I just have a bad feeling.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 11:54:02 AM »
Someplace Else = dead. Or, as dead as one can get on Lost.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 11:58:27 AM »
He couldn't go to Rousseau... she is not there yet.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 12:05:12 PM »
Had to put down someplace else because I think he will try to get off the island. I'm not sure how, but the Sub is probably being protected by DHARMA, so I doubt that will be it. He might go to Richard to see if there is a way off, but I don't think he will stay there.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 12:07:26 PM »
I chose Richard and the Others.  Primarily because I believe he'll stumble upon them as he treks through the jungle.

I see it as he does one of two things:
1) Gives himself up
2) Tries to hide on the island until he can get to the other Losties who are the only ones who'd understand what he did

I can't see himself giving himself up. Sayid knows he can't put his fate in Sawyer's hands based on Sawyer's actions up to this point.  He just doesn't have enough pull with the DI to spare Sayid.  And, there's no way that the DI could be convinced of what they know about Ben.  Of course, they should... if they believed Sayid and the Losties, they'd know that they were possibly spared the purge.

So, I think he stumbles upon Richard and the Others while trying to buy time until he can get together with the Losties to come up with some kind of plan.  Richard seems very reasonable and their shared knowledge of Locke could bring them together.  I just don't know how Richard will respond to the killing (or attempted killing since I don't think Ben dies) of Ben.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 12:10:33 PM »
Sayid has also met Richard already. Remember when he and Kate were ging to the others' village to "save" Jack? They realize they're being followed and out of the bush comes Richard and the rest of the others.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 12:14:43 PM »
...but Richard won't remember that because that's in his future.

Sayid doesn't have anyone to turn to. I don't know....I don't think he'll join the Others, but if he does, I don't think he'll try to get back to his friends in the DI. He saw how Sawyer and Jin had changed. Why would he want to go back to that? I think he's come to terms with being a killer, and that means he must be alone.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 12:28:09 PM »
...but Richard won't remember that because that's in his future.

Sayid doesn't have anyone to turn to. I don't know....I don't think he'll join the Others, but if he does, I don't think he'll try to get back to his friends in the DI. He saw how Sawyer and Jin had changed. Why would he want to go back to that? I think he's come to terms with being a killer, and that means he must be alone.
But, it isn't just Sawyer and Jin.  There's also Jack, Kate and Hurley.  Hurley being the person he'd most want to join again.  I don't see him wanting to be alone because then what?  He'd be stuck on the island forever without the help of someone.  Remember, he didn't choose to return to the island.. this was thrust upon him through the capture by the bounty hunter.

Offline jphimself

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 12:29:25 PM »
I think he will end up with Richard and the other "hostiles".  When last seen, he is still deeply troubled by his whole life and in need of redemption.  He knows that the worst event the future may hold is what he call a holocaust, ie. the purge of the DI.

I think he will want to watch over the events to come on the Island and do whatever is necessary to try and stop the purge.  Of course, if he learns later that time cannot be altered, he may then go another route.  But in the short run, my money is on Richard and Co.

Offline toadsage

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 12:31:33 PM »
i said it before and ill say it again. as much as it sux, i think hes gunna die. i hope im wrong but my gut says he will. so i went with someplace else.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 12:34:49 PM »
But, it isn't just Sawyer and Jin.  There's also Jack, Kate and Hurley.  Hurley being the person he'd most want to join again.  I don't see him wanting to be alone because then what?  He'd be stuck on the island forever without the help of someone.  Remember, he didn't choose to return to the island.. this was thrust upon him through the capture by the bounty hunter.
Old-school Sayid would totally want to help Hurley. But this episode was really a turning point in Sayid's character: he has come to accept why he has returned to the island, he has learned to embrace his nature, that of a killer. Kate, Jack, and Hurley have been assimilated into the DI...why would Sayid think they were any different from Sawyer or Jin? Sayid evolved in this episode (awesome camera work too, I just have to say), and I don't think he's going to go back to cuddly, friendly Iraqi anytime soon.

I also don't think the Others would accept him, considering what they expect from new recruits (Ben has to wait many many years, Locke has to kill his father; Richard says whoever joins them has to make a show of their sincerity, etc.). Maybe he will join the Others...I hope he does (helloooooo Richard!! lol).

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 12:42:52 PM »
Old-school Sayid would totally want to help Hurley. But this episode was really a turning point in Sayid's character: he has come to accept why he has returned to the island, he has learned to embrace his nature, that of a killer. Kate, Jack, and Hurley have been assimilated into the DI...why would Sayid think they were any different from Sawyer or Jin? Sayid evolved in this episode (awesome camera work too, I just have to say), and I don't think he's going to go back to cuddly, friendly Iraqi anytime soon.
Sawyer and Jin have been there 3yrs... Kate, Jack and Hurley just arrived.  They're still extremely new to the DI.. bonds wouldn't have been created yet.  We're talking about mere days here.  Sayid shouldn't think that they're beyond approach already.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 12:45:46 PM »
Sawyer and Jin have been there 3yrs... Kate, Jack and Hurley just arrived.  They're still extremely new to the DI.. bonds wouldn't have been created yet.  We're talking about mere days here.  Sayid shouldn't think that they're beyond approach already.

Shouldn't is the key word there. When people snap, they snap.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 12:49:51 PM »
Does Sayid know for sure that Kate etc. have only been there a few days? Would he assume that they all arrived at the same time back on the island? I don't know. He sees them at the welcome ceremony, but who knows what he thought. They could have been there for a long time and were welcoming new recruits themselves.

I don't remember if he talked to any of them, besides Sawyer and Jin...??

Anyway, all I'm saying is that, because nobody freaking talks on this show, Sayid doesn't know anything. Anything. He has to make a lot of assumptions.