Author Topic: Oldham  (Read 5915 times)

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Oldham
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 07:31:03 PM »
I thought this too, at first because we're just given his last name, but the whole anti-technology thing too. But he's a part of the DI? I don't know how I feel about that. Jacob has always seemed kind of all-knowing, so if he's only been there since the early 1970's I would feel a little gypped.  :-\

I'm not too sure about this one, either.  It was interesting that most of the other Dharmites go by their first names (with the exception of LaFleur), but here is Oldham, which I'm presuming is a last name. 

We don't know for sure that Oldham is only from the '70's either, do we?  I mean, he could be from the island's initial inhabitants, for all we know.  (Unless I missed something -- and I missed a lot of this eppy.) 

unless he becomes unstuck in time but with no body to inhabit, so he inhabits Horace's cabin.

I like this thought, for some reason.   I think it's the "no body to inhabit" part.  Could have something to do with the islanders seeming obsession with what to do with dead bodies. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 07:32:43 PM by Madam P »

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 05:59:56 PM »

I'm not too sure about this one, either.  It was interesting that most of the other Dharmites go by their first names (with the exception of LaFleur), but here is Oldham, which I'm presuming is a last name. 

Then again, his first name may be Old and his last name is Ham.  Then again. Probably not. 

(Koko is having a bad contribution to the conversation kind of day...)    :-[

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 07:03:30 PM »
lol, I have those aaaaall the time.   ;D 

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 09:44:08 PM »
lol, I have those aaaaall the time.   ;D 

Suddenly I don't feel so alone...

((((((Mrs. Hume))))))

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 10:20:21 PM »
Radzinsky is also called by his last name. Apparently he likes it, since he calls himself Radzinsky on the radio. Maybe it's the way he distances himself from all those happy hippies. Like Oldham, he also is a little coockoo.

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 12:49:34 AM »
You put the lime in the kokonut and drink it all up
Put the lime in the kokonut; you're such a silly one !  ;D
You put the lime in the coconut and drink 'em both together
Put the lime in the kokonut and you feel better  ;)

(((KoKo)))

I think they are calling them by their last names because every time we see a new charactor, we wait to see if his first name is Jacob. lol
First names give too much away. :-\

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 12:56:11 AM »
I think they are calling them by their last names because every time we see a new charactor, we wait to see if his first name is Jacob. lol
That's exactly what I thought too!!

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 02:10:21 PM »
Good point about Radzinsky -- I forgot about him.

Maybe they just all have dorky first names and don't want to be embarrassed.

Or they're ex-military... the military guys usually go by their last names.  But I can't picture Radzinsky in the military  -- he would've gotten fragged on his first day.  Oldham, yes -- he was definitely in 'Nam, I'd say.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 02:42:03 PM »
You put the lime in the kokonut and drink it all up
Put the lime in the kokonut; you're such a silly one !  ;D
You put the lime in the coconut and drink 'em both together
Put the lime in the kokonut and you feel better  ;)

(((KoKo)))

Awww Mrs. H!!!!  I love my song!!! ((MUAH!!!!)))  :-*  :-*  :-*

Wow, never thought of that! They all use last names...that means...well... it could be ANYBODY!!!!
(Insert dramatic music here!)

Offline captaintau

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2009, 01:03:01 PM »
From Lostpedia:

In Moscow when Sayid exits outside mirrored writing "Олдхэм Фармасьютикалс" can be seen above the door which is "Oldham Pharmaceuticals" transliterated into Russian

I re-watched "He's Our You" last night and also looked at the Lost Pedia. I'm amazed that no-one has followed this.

Sayid shot Andropov who was on Ben's list in the Oldham Pharmaceuticals building. Surely it's plausible that Oldham, their expert in interrogation via chemicals escaped the purge and set himself up in this business off the island. Supplying his unique and potent drugs to one or more political powers or their special forces.

So, on that basis, what did he do to Ben to warrant Sayid being set on him?

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »
From Lostpedia:

In Moscow when Sayid exits outside mirrored writing "Олдхэм Фармасьютикалс" can be seen above the door which is "Oldham Pharmaceuticals" transliterated into Russian

I re-watched "He's Our You" last night and also looked at the Lost Pedia. I'm amazed that no-one has followed this.

Sayid shot Andropov who was on Ben's list in the Oldham Pharmaceuticals building. Surely it's plausible that Oldham, their expert in interrogation via chemicals escaped the purge and set himself up in this business off the island. Supplying his unique and potent drugs to one or more political powers or their special forces.

So, on that basis, what did he do to Ben to warrant Sayid being set on him?
they haven't given us enough information about these characters for us to give a crap when they get shot, I think we all just assumed he worked for Widmore in some aspect

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2009, 10:37:14 PM »
Well, didn't Ben say that they were all connected with Widmore.

I mean let us face it the more you think about this and watch the shows you find out there are common denominators and if in fact that Widmore came and left the island as he please he and Eloise woudl have had to gain permission for Dharma to enter the island.  I have no doubt that Widmore parlayed his knowledge of the island natural and "super"natural resources to get these folks to come out and do experiments while investing in the areas that the islands resources would bring financial benefit.

Widmore is no dummy and he is in the background of many things there is no doubt.  Did anyone ever read Stephen Kings the Talisman?  The main character, Jack's father is able to flip between these two worlds.  Well, the point is that that they gain great power and knowledge from the other world and use to their benefit in the world in which they live.   

So for all th time, which again is another undefined variable, Widmore was going back and forth. Building himself an off island family and becoming a very wealthy and powerful man.  Of course he networked well and has many powerful and influential friends, ergo the Sundra Trench incident.

Well, sorry but not surprising and Oldham may have figured out what was going on and got off of there.
That whole thing was an odd episode, almost wasted.