Author Topic: Michael Emerson is not Ben  (Read 5079 times)

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Michael Emerson is not Ben
« on: March 26, 2009, 02:22:57 AM »
Remember in season 2 when "Ben" stole Henry Gales identity after his death, well what if all this time he had stolen bejamin linuses identity and has been living under that alias. For all we know ben can shape shift, if he can summon a black smoke then he could do that, maybe he had plastic surgery to look more like him, but id doubt ben will live and if he dies then michael emerson has been lying

Also ben says i really hated him meaning his dad may be dead before sayid shot him, maybe bens dad is dead and ben is dead and then michael emerson and someone else managed to look like them and take their place, cuz right now no one knows their dead or harmed
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 02:25:24 AM by Harry Erickson »

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Emerson is not Ben
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 03:32:04 AM »
hummm. I'm confused  ???. Can you elaborate ?

Offline Jas0n

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 11:24:37 AM »
Remember in season 2 when "Ben" stole Henry Gales identity after his death, well what if all this time he had stolen bejamin linuses identity and has been living under that alias. For all we know ben can shape shift, if he can summon a black smoke then he could do that, maybe he had plastic surgery to look more like him, but id doubt ben will live and if he dies then michael emerson has been lying

Also ben says i really hated him meaning his dad may be dead before sayid shot him, maybe bens dad is dead and ben is dead and then michael emerson and someone else managed to look like them and take their place, cuz right now no one knows their dead or harmed

what you talkin' bout willis?

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 11:52:01 AM »
I think what your saying is the character that is played by Michael Emerson showed up first as Henry Gale and then revealed his name to be Ben Linus. And you think maybe his original name really was Henry Gale, and only claimed to be Ben Linus? That the reason he doesnt look like a black man anymore is that he can shape shift? Um, I can't go along with this.

And for clarification he didnt say "I hated him" he said "I hate it here". So the whole thing with the dad you said isnt what you thought.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 12:03:41 PM »
I can't go along with the shape shifting either. But I can entertain the idea that Michael Emerson's character may be someone other than Ben Linus. Just not sure if I can say I like the idea entirely. We actually don't know for sure that young Ben died yet.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 12:10:12 PM »
He didn't die.
Like Daniel said to Ellie that the bomb would not explode, because the island was still there 50 years in the future,
Ben didn't die, because he is there 30 years in the future.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 08:16:22 PM »
I truly don't believe Ben died, but I did think this myself that Ben is not Ben.  Another assumed name.  I don't buy the shape shifting.

But we shall see about the identity and the reason I say this is that little boy did have a heart.    We are missing what caused him to be prideful and greedy

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 09:01:16 PM »
We saw Micheal Emerson playing Ben as a teenager. So he could not of died and he is not someone else. We see him grow up.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 10:30:44 PM »
i too have had a lose nonbacked up theory that ben as we know him is not ben linus... hte same way he was henry gale, and then Dr Moriarty... just liek john locke wasnt jeremy bentham... and how my far fetched addadon is realy walt... far fetched theories. but the theme of peoples names not being their real one... even can go back to sawyer... james for... jim lafleur... or any name kate used in each of her flashbakcs... theh theme is always there... which its not that far from belief that he could be using a diffedrent name...

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 11:13:33 PM »
I can't go along with the shape shifting either. But I can entertain the idea that Michael Emerson's character may be someone other than Ben Linus. Just not sure if I can say I like the idea entirely. We actually don't know for sure that young Ben died yet.

ok ok i can accept alof of things happeneing ont he isand liek the time treavle and the smoe whatever but shapeshirting.. that may be a little too much... i just think the ben we know took ever the ben we dont and took his life over...

OR little ben did die... and thats how he was taken by the hostiles... and lived his life lut as a living dead like the allegged hostile are anyway... until toher times arise...

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 05:15:26 AM »
I think what your saying is the character that is played by Michael Emerson showed up first as Henry Gale and then revealed his name to be Ben Linus. And you think maybe his original name really was Henry Gale, and only claimed to be Ben Linus? That the reason he doesnt look like a black man anymore is that he can shape shift? Um, I can't go along with this.

And for clarification he didnt say "I hated him" he said "I hate it here". So the whole thing with the dad you said isnt what you thought.

No Willis, i'm saying that he is not henry gale or bejamin linus, that we don't know his real name and he's still lying

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 08:37:58 AM »

No Willis, i'm saying that he is not henry gale or bejamin linus, that we don't know his real name and he's still lying

Willis?

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 01:36:28 PM »
whatch u talkin bout willis?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 05:27:42 PM »
This one doesn't seem to hold much water as we've met his (Ben's) parents & know their real names.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 06:15:44 PM »

We know his real name is Ben.  Did you ever watch the episode about him being born?  About Ben killing his father?  That makes no sense...sorry.