Author Topic: SO, Did Ben kill his father?  (Read 11488 times)

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: SO, Did Ben kill his father?
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2009, 04:59:13 PM »
awww, thanks Zinzi.
I actually am hoping for alternate time lines since it would explain a lot and also leave room for them to actually help and change the situation. otherwise what is the sense in it all? or at least have Desmond able to change things. otherwise why the God help us all statement? right!?  if whatever happenend happened Ben wouldn't be running around trying to make things happen. they just would .  :-\   right?  ???  ;D

Offline Zinzi

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2009, 09:25:25 AM »
 ;D No probs Mrs H!  We do still need to know who was resposible for the Dharma bus of fire!

Well the alternate time lines would also explain things like Locke saying to Jack they weren't supposed to leave and I agree that surely if whatever happened always happened would Ben need to run around like that, but I still have to go with there being only one timeline!  Maybe Ben thinks that the history can be changed (because he always knew about the time travelling lostees), but it can't?!  IDK it makes my brain hurt!

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2009, 11:38:23 AM »
I hope so very much that they are not going to do alternate timelines, although you make a good point about Locke saying they aren't supposed to leave. 
Grown Ben is just trying to ensure that things happen as they ought.  Like the Losties going back in time.  Ben knows this has to happen, because for him it already has.  He will still kill his father eventually. 

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2009, 01:41:27 PM »
but if whatever happened happened then why should Ben make sure they do? according to Mrs Hawking the universe will curse correct anyway. So why not every one sit back and just be? there obviously has to be more than whatever happened happened. or what is the point. :-\

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2009, 01:42:52 PM »
but if whatever happened happened then why should Ben make sure they do? according to Mrs Hawking the universe will curse correct anyway. So why not every one sit back and just be? there obviously has to be more than whatever happened happened. or what is the point. :-\
Mrs. Hawking did say that its true. But everyone still has their role to play I think. If they don't, well I don't know what would happen. But her "God help us all" comment made me think they do need to play out their role in the story.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2009, 01:49:09 PM »
My favorite, favorite quote from "My Name is Earl" goes something like this: "Karma doesn't have fists, so sometimes it has to borrow mine."

I think fate can play out however it's going to play out, but it has to borrow things like Ben's creepy ambition, and Jack's obstinacy, and Locke's despair, in order to do right.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2009, 01:53:23 PM »
sigh.... I just don't get it. ???

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2009, 01:59:37 PM »
lol...I know! I'm just making stuff up, you know. Nobody knows the difference and it makes me sound smarter.  ;) Why did they wait until 11 episodes in for one to be titled "Whatever happened, happened"?? This would have been much more helpful as, like, the 3rd episode.  :(

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2009, 02:04:19 PM »
You always sound smart Mrs A. I just don't get the whatever happened happened stuff. i mean I understand what the theory is, but I don't see how it's possible. or why. Something doesn't sit right with me about it so I can't except it.
You are right. WHH should have come earlier. but tptb looooove to confuse us for some reason and like to mix the orders around.  :-\ something tells me they are brainwashing us  subliminally , in the show.  :o

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2009, 02:12:05 PM »
Ummmm....what's the overall post count here? LOL! We're totally being brainwashed.  :o

If they wanted us to really believe WHH, they did a poor job of explaining it, if the sheer number of topics on it here are any indication. We're all watching the same show, and yet we're all divided on it...So either they've divided us deliberately and we're in for a shocker (or some of us are, me included), or they weren't clear enough with the delivery of the idea in the first place.

Oh I hope they give us some answers tomorrow! Not just hints at answers, but some real concrete stuff where we can put all this to rest. But I doubt it.  :(

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2009, 02:21:16 PM »
You know, if we made a list of all the concrete answers we have been giving over the last 5 seasons, it would be a sad little list. this season started off so great with the answers and then just deflated like a bad soufflé . >:(

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2009, 02:28:45 PM »
Oh no, now I want souffle! You're totally right. I keep thinking back to "Jughead" and how awesome it was (it's what made me join the forum, in fact)....vs. what we've been getting lately, and it just doesn't compare. I really, really hope tptb knows what they're doing, and they're going to tie it all up, every line, every little seemingly unimportant detail that we've had to watch the past few weeks. But, the season finales are always fantastic, so, I hope at least they'll keep up that tradition.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2009, 02:44:29 PM »
I hope so too. It seems as though we are actually getting more questions than answers again and that the plot is actually getting more confussing.(hmmm,  I think I might be getting frustrated!  >:(  Ya think?! lol)

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2009, 03:03:08 PM »
Mmmm..they're trying to explain everything that was confusing, but unfortunately, the explanation is equally confusing.  :-\

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2009, 09:02:40 PM »
To me that would be a copout of the time travel and destiny theme.