Author Topic: SO, Did Ben kill his father?  (Read 11479 times)

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
SO, Did Ben kill his father?
« on: March 26, 2009, 02:17:41 AM »
OK, So Ben says to Sayid, Ya, I really hated him". Meaning his father.
Was that because he (tried to or did) kill his father with the burning van. Either Ben's father was in the Van or it was Ben's house that the van went into due to Ben.

OR...Ben said that because he was leaving the DI and thought he wouldn't see him anymore?

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: SO, Did Ben kill his father?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 02:23:14 AM »
Yeah, that was such a weird thing to say, right? I picked up on it too.

Maybe it's because Sayid said he would take Ben to his people, so Ben thought it was really his time to leave the DI and never see his father again. He was so eager to be rid of his dad that he's using past tense before he's even out of the building, lol!

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 02:36:17 AM »
Yeah that was my second choice (and the least interesting lol.)  But I just wanted to see if maybe it struck anyone else's interest too.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 02:41:12 AM »
Aw, I think it's the saddest possibility! If he killed his dad...CREEPY!!!! If he's so anxious to get away from an abusive father that he begins speaking of him in the past tense before he even leaves? Oh! My heart breaks!

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 02:43:25 AM »
Did you see those tears? oooh my goooodness :( . (boy does he really look like a young Ben or what!?)

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 02:43:40 AM »
the universe is course correcting itself with alternate way to get to the same ending... jsut stoping or changing the ending is what everyone is trying to do...

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 02:47:31 AM »
the universe is course correcting itself with alternate way to get to the same ending... jsut stoping or changing the ending is what everyone is trying to do...

um...huh? So... do you think that Ben killed his Dad just now? Because if Ben just killed his Dad, and Ben himself survives the gunshot...how is he going to prove to Richard that he's one of the Others??  :-\

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 02:51:07 AM »
i don't know what badrobot was trying to say. ???
 but if Ben killed his own father, don't you think Richard would be like 'YA!" . Come on over to our side?  I mean he did it later on anyway when the others purged the DI.

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 03:58:00 AM »

Fate is a fickle bitch.

Now just look at all the work I got to do!

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 04:02:33 AM »
Aw, that is such a sad picture! The look on his face! I can't look at it anymore....  :'(

I think Richard would accept him, but he also told Ben to be very patient. The Others seem to be very careful when it comes to children. I don't think he would want a 15-year-old Ben to kill his father.  :-\

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 04:04:40 AM »
well, I forget who at this late hour (yeah that's the reason) debunked my theory about Ben killing his father. she said that no one was in the van and some women were in the house cause Kate was helping them out the window. so that's that. I guess. :(

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 04:07:24 AM »
Well, he may not have killed him in a fiery Dharma-van crash; maybe we just didn't see it yet.

Look! It's so late I'm finding loopholes in my own theories. Deliberately to help people who don't agree with my theories. lol!

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 04:09:59 AM »
 awww thanks Mrs Alpert. I'll make believe it's not because it's late and it's just because you like me so! he he ;)
 You always make me laugh!  :D  :-*

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 04:15:14 AM »
Thank goodness, because otherwise we'd be a bunch of wound-up geeks, and there's nothing much worse than that. Believe me, I've been to Comic-Con, I can attest to the craziness of geeks without humor arguing about the most mundane things. Like a specific line in one of the Star Wars movies, or a prop in one scene from Firefly....  ::)

I do like you so! Our minds are kind of doing the same drunk-with-sleepiness-oh-and-also-LOST-WTF? thing.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 04:21:46 AM »
Thank goodness, because otherwise we'd be a bunch of wound-up geeks, and there's nothing much worse than that. Believe me, I've been to Comic-Con, I can attest to the craziness of geeks without humor arguing about the most mundane things. Like a specific line in one of the Star Wars movies, or a prop in one scene from Firefly....  ::)

I do like you so! Our minds are kind of doing the same drunk-with-sleepiness-oh-and-also-LOST-WTF? thing.
good idea. i mean.. yup, that's what I'm doing. he he
I guess I shouldn't post until I am more awake (3:20am here) and have seen the episode at least one more time. on that note, I guess I should really pry myself away from the computer now.