Author Topic: J.A.C.O.B  (Read 4655 times)

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: J.A.C.O.B
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 07:04:30 AM »
I apologize to everyone who thinks Jacob is a combination of people based on the first letter of the first or last name....but the whole thing just makes me laugh.  If it ends up being true, I'll eat my words...but, sorry---I just can't even take it seriously.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 11:19:49 AM »
Me neither, Hatchie.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 12:52:37 PM »
I apologize to everyone who thinks Jacob is a combination of people based on the first letter of the first or last name....but the whole thing just makes me laugh.  If it ends up being true, I'll eat my words...but, sorry---I just can't even take it seriously.

I might be able to take it seriously....but I don't think I'd like it if it were 5 guys.  :-\ Us ladies gotta represent!! lol

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 01:50:14 PM »
I don't know, but I just kept thinking Gary Oldham every time they said his name - ugh.  And then all I could think of was Deliverance.  Quadruple ugh.

Drooling when I think of him in the Scarlett Letter...omg he is so tasty. 

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 04:09:10 PM »
there is other things on this show that are more out there then JACOB being an acronym for 5 people, and you accept that.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 04:17:15 PM »
Yes, I agree but why can't Jacob just be a person and not a compilation of people?

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 04:18:59 PM »
he can be.  Its just a theory of mine.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 04:57:55 PM »
I had a theory that Jacob isn't a name, but rather an acronym. And that it isn't necessarily spelled like the name...it could be JAKB or YAKIB or something.

I could go either way with this one because the only thing pointing to the idea that Jacob is a person is that Locke heard a disembodied voice, and we caught a glimpse of some dude in the rocking chair. But if Jacob is the name of the island, and it has to be run by five predetermined leaders....your theory could work, crazy stuff. Well, it could work in a lot of other ways too. If there's anything we learn from Lost, it's that anything can happen.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 05:23:15 PM »
or shouldd you say anything happened on Lost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 05:31:12 PM »
I think if Lost-type craziness started spilling into my real life...lol! I hope I'd take it just as well as Kate, Jack, and Hurley took suddenly being in 1977.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 05:38:17 PM »
there is other things on this show that are more out there then JACOB being an acronym for 5 people, and you accept that.

I know Crazy has been for some time.  I just don't hope it is a group of folks, but now we have five back they could be the ones!  Just that their names will not have anything initials making the word Jacob.

I like that you hold to your thoughts on this a true fan and theorist!

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 06:02:47 PM »
I dont necesarily mean that Jacob is a group of people but that different people become Jacob through out the history of the island.  The names of these people just happen to start with J.A.C.O.B.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2009, 06:28:29 PM »
It's a fun theory, but I don't buy it.   

Offline Astriastar

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2009, 04:53:56 AM »
 But let's take it a step further.  There are 5 senses.  If John can hear him ("He spoke to you?  What did he say?" - Ben) but couldn't see him, and Ben could see him ("he's right there"- Ben) but John couldn't, wouldn't it stand to reason that each one can sense the manifestation in different ways, and so that "JACOB" isn't necessarily 5 people, but rather 5 different people are necessary to experience "JACOB"?  Like prophets or mouthpieces or visual manifestations (Christian)?

J - John - Sound
A -
C - Christian - Touch
O -
B - Ben - Sight

Just an off-the-wall idea.  It's 2 am here and I'm drowsy on Tylenol PM.  Maybe we're all wrong.  But it is curious that we've only ever seen Christian as "Jacob" and the other two have demonstrated their connection to the senses.  So if this were true, How would Aaron and Oldham associate with taste and smell? 

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2009, 05:05:20 AM »

I'm always skeptical..there are few theories that I stake complete claim in.  I just happen to not get this one.  I like the idea down at the bottom about the senses though...that's interesting---don't know if it is correlated to the letters of the name Jacob though...