Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
wow !
« on: March 25, 2009, 11:05:09 PM »
suspected it was going to happen, can't believe it really did

although I'm still suprised by Sayid's description of Ben on the plane
genocide ?
was he referring to the gassing of the Dharma people ?

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: wow !
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 11:06:43 PM »
thats my guess.

Offline alllicat

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 11:07:28 PM »
can't wait for the west coast to catch up so i can actually talk about this episode. but all i'll say is that Lost has really stepped it up from it's Nikki and Paolo days.

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 11:09:27 PM »
hey, the east coasters are good conversationalists, lol. I just thought there would be more of us on right about now. :)

Welcome Allicat!

Offline alllicat

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 11:21:28 PM »
hey, the east coasters are good conversationalists, lol. I just thought there would be more of us on right about now. :)

Welcome Allicat!

thanks for the welcome! I just don't want to bring down any spoiler wrath down upon myself just when i decide to come out of the shadows and start posting.

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 11:23:23 PM »

Welcome Allicat!

thanks for the welcome! I just don't want to bring down any spoiler wrath down upon myself just when i decide to come out of the shadows and start posting.

well, once it's aired on the east coast it's up to the west coasters to stay out of the episode board. Just don't say anything about the episode in the Community Lounge and you'll be all set! :)

Offline alllicat

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 11:24:44 PM »
thanks for the advice. so who wants to talk Lost. lol.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 11:41:33 PM »
So did I miss the reason Sayid suddenly hated and didn't trust Ben?  I didn't understand that part at all.  Based on what they showed this episode, Sayid worked for Ben, killed some people.  Ben said he was finished but Sayid wanted to kill more people.  Ben came back later, and told Sayid to look out for Hurley and kill again, and somehow that leads to Sayid hating Ben?  I was expecting him to find out Ben was involved in killing Nadia or something.  That kind of ruined me buying into Sayid's whole motivation for shooting young Ben.

And something just popped in my head.  Could Ben really have had a hand in killing Nadia?  He was on the island when Sayid left and then teleported off and skipped a few months when Nadia was already dead.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 11:47:27 PM »
So did I miss the reason Sayid suddenly hated and didn't trust Ben? 

feel the same
confused,
what did I miss ?

Offline taki1379

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 11:49:06 PM »
i think that ben telling sayid that he is a killer struck a nerve.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 11:59:24 PM »
So did I miss the reason Sayid suddenly hated and didn't trust Ben? 

feel the same
confused,
what did I miss ?
i think sayid never truly trusted ben.  ben basically used and minipulated him to get him to kill those men.  sayid realizes what a putz ben is and kills him.

Offline losttill0208

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 12:03:04 AM »
So did I miss the reason Sayid suddenly hated and didn't trust Ben?  I didn't understand that part at all.  Based on what they showed this episode, Sayid worked for Ben, killed some people.  Ben said he was finished but Sayid wanted to kill more people.  Ben came back later, and told Sayid to look out for Hurley and kill again, and somehow that leads to Sayid hating Ben?  I was expecting him to find out Ben was involved in killing Nadia or something.  That kind of ruined me buying into Sayid's whole motivation for shooting young Ben.

And something just popped in my head.  Could Ben really have had a hand in killing Nadia?  He was on the island when Sayid left and then teleported off and skipped a few months when Nadia was already dead.
Imagine someone manipulating you to believe that killing someone is in the best interest of your friends.. so you kill a bunch of people.. no questions asked.. but at some point it is expected that you might fully be privy to the the big picture. Then out of nowhere, you're told to stop.. you expect to learn the whole story.. but you're given nothing.. so you move on with your life.. then, one day the person shows up.. the supposed eliminated threat is somehow back and you should kill some more.. it becomes clear at this point that you've been used.. there was no greater good being done... you were simply being used as this person's assassin.. you've been fooled..  how happy would you be to see them again?

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 12:06:23 AM »
It seemed like Sayid got all ticked off when Ben just said "Mission accomplished!  See ya!  Have a nice life!"   It was like Sayid expected... something more.  What that was, I have no idea.  I agree... I feel a little bit like I missed something...  ???

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 12:08:03 AM »
I think Sayid felt a great deal of guilt, too.  He has struggled his whole life with his choices - remember multiple times he's tried to run away from his torturer ways.  He realized Ben was using him, felt guilty, and decided he didn't want to be that person anymore and hated Ben for exploiting him like that.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 12:13:46 AM »
I didn't get the sense that Sayid felt guilty at all or that he wanted to know the big picture.  It seemed to me like he was ticked just because he wanted to keep killing and wasn't satisfied yet.  He was just fueling his grief over Nadia and his need for vengeance.  I was expecting something a lot more evil from Ben this episode but instead I saw Ben acting as fairly reasonable and honest as can be expected of him.