Author Topic: Juliet and Ninja Claire  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Juliet and Ninja Claire
« on: March 21, 2009, 01:47:50 AM »
The woman in the back of the room, when Christian shows Sun the picture, is most probably Claire.
So I am briging a renew of a question already asked here:
Why Juliet, an Other, is dragged through time with the survivors, while Claire, a survivor is kept in her own time, as the other Others?
Same thing with Ajira flight... What marks some to time travel and some to not?

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Juliet and Ninja Claire
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 11:12:40 AM »
i guess we will have to wait to find out... all any of us can do now is speculate..

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 12:00:26 PM »
I would say that it is Clare....I also think that the smoke was a clue

From Sledge:

In "3x20", "The Main Behind the Curtain", we finally meet Jacob in a run down shack. Before we catch a glimpse of him, he is invisible. Or is he? On first watch, I thought I spotted Smokey in the chair, but on second watch, dismissed it as a shadow from the bulb of the flashlight. Other viewers have also reported seeing Smokey, and on further review, none of the other flashlight shots have a dark center. So, what is going on here? Is Smokey present, or is this just a shadow? You can decide.

http://lost.cubit.net/s3inv/3x20smokeyjacobschair.php

With this scene we see smoke at the door... then a women

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 04:44:37 PM »
The woman in the back of the room, when Christian shows Sun the picture, is most probably Claire.
So I am briging a renew of a question already asked here:
Why Juliet, an Other, is dragged through time with the survivors, while Claire, a survivor is kept in her own time, as the other Others?
Same thing with Ajira flight... What marks some to time travel and some to not?

You're right, it's a great question why some people jump and some don't.

As for Claire, though, I'm not 100% sure she survived the attack of the boat people when she was in the Dharmaville house that blew up.

Offline Gordon Shumway

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 04:55:39 PM »
I'm thinking the reason why Ben and Sun are not with the rest is because they are already there (1977).  We know Ben is in 1977 when he gives an un-condimented sandwich to Saiyid.  I bet Sun is there too as a very young child.  Too young to remember it.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 07:54:56 PM »
I'm thinking the reason why Ben and Sun are not with the rest is because they are already there (1977).  We know Ben is in 1977 when he gives an un-condimented sandwich to Saiyid.  I bet Sun is there too as a very young child.  Too young to remember it.
You know that theory raised another speculation of mine... If that's the reason (although I am not very fond of the baby Sun on Dharma), that would be the reason Charlotte dies before the final jump.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 08:09:38 PM »
I don't think that matters.  Locke and Sawyer were on tghe island in different places when they flashed.  Once, Sawyer saw Aaron being born, and at first he didn't; Locke was at the hatch when it lit up, and then he wasn't at the hatch and avoided it for fear he would meet himself.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 09:12:35 PM »
I don't think that matters.  Locke and Sawyer were on tghe island in different places when they flashed.  Once, Sawyer saw Aaron being born, and at first he didn't; Locke was at the hatch when it lit up, and then he wasn't at the hatch and avoided it for fear he would meet himself.

I wondered this too.

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=8930.msg507846#msg507846

The "cosmic rules" for not meeting onesself may not have applied whilst time was in flux (the record-skipping). Now that time has become stable on the Island again, the cosmic rules may now be in place.

So... Ben can't meet himself, Sun can't meet herself (Chang's baby?) and Locke?.... Maybe Locke is on the Island in 1977 as the Others' mysterious unseen leader. Or... Locke really has been Jacob all along.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 10:46:56 PM »

I wondered this too.

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=8930.msg507846#msg507846

The "cosmic rules" for not meeting onesself may not have applied whilst time was in flux (the record-skipping). Now that time has become stable on the Island again, the cosmic rules may now be in place.

So... Ben can't meet himself, Sun can't meet herself (Chang's baby?) and Locke?.... Maybe Locke is on the Island in 1977 as the Others' mysterious unseen leader. Or... Locke really has been Jacob all along.

I think you cqn still be in the same time, we just don't know what happens if you meet yourself.  I have seen nno reason to believe otherwise. The timr in folux just provided a way for the time traveoers to move through time.  It does not change the rules. 

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 07:54:06 AM »

According to the tombstone of Jin in Korea, Sun was born in 1980.