Author Topic: Rose and Bernard...  (Read 20542 times)

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Rose and Bernard...
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 05:05:15 PM »
I really think they (and any remaining 815ers, which shouldn't be many) are at the caves.  The caves were a good safe place to hide (per Jack in "White Rabbit"), and provided shelter, water and protection.  I'll bet that's where they would've gone to stay away from Dharma and the Others.

In three years, someone would have likely ventured out of the caves and stirred up the Others' or the Darmites' camps. They couldn't possibly have stayed hidden that long. I believe that they are with the Others.
After all, Rose is special (cancer gone), that should get her an "in" to the Others camp...Bernard may have a few more skills up his sleeve that we don't know about that could add value to Others as well. Any redshirts that survived could have become smoke monster fodder in a future episode.

Definitely a strong possibility.  Good point about 3 years- it's quite a long time to stay hidden, especially from a savvy group like the Others that seems to know everything about what happens on that Island.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 06:04:37 PM »
The dog is with them too?

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 06:36:48 PM »
That's one thing I'd feel fairly confident putting some money on... that Vincent is with Rose and Bernard.  (Really going out on a limb, there, aren't I?   ;))

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 06:38:21 PM »

Oh I forgot about Vincent!  And didn't tptb say Vincent would make it to the end of season 6?  So they have to be alive somewhere.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 11:00:14 AM »

Oh I forgot about Vincent!  And didn't tptb say Vincent would make it to the end of season 6?  So they have to be alive somewhere.
Yeah they said that he would have an important role to play too didnt they?

Offline Zinzi

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 10:15:37 AM »
I hope Vincent is around somewhere.  Surely he can't have been time jumping/flashing too as even though I'm sure there's more to him than the average canine, he can't have coped with skipping through time and would have ended up like Eloise (the rat, not Ms Hawking!)?!  :o  I think this is why he's not been shown and also why Aaron and Ji Yeong aren't supposed to be on the island, they'd never survive time jumping.

I still like the theory that Rose and Bernard are Adam and Eve (although I also think Sun and Jin are good contenders too), but until we find out where and when they are it's hard to work out how they could come to be the skeletons!  I hope that even if we don't see them that someone asks what happened to them.  We need a scene where they have a roll call of who's known to be dead and who's just MIA!  :'(

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 10:19:21 AM »
I hope Vincent is around somewhere.  Surely he can't have been time jumping/flashing too as even though I'm sure there's more to him than the average canine, he can't have coped with skipping through time and would have ended up like Eloise (the rat, not Ms Hawking!)?!  :o  I think this is why he's not been shown and also why Aaron and Ji Yeong aren't supposed to be on the island, they'd never survive time jumping.

I still like the theory that Rose and Bernard are Adam and Eve (although I also think Sun and Jin are good contenders too), but until we find out where and when they are it's hard to work out how they could come to be the skeletons!  I hope that even if we don't see them that someone asks what happened to them.  We need a scene where they have a roll call of who's known to be dead and who's just MIA!  :'(
That is why I think Claire left Aaron. Christian probably knew that if Claire were to leave Aaron, Sawyer would find him and ultimately Kate would take him off the island for the duration of the time skips. You're probably right, his undeveloped brain would probably not have been able to withstand the skips. I know this is supposed to be about Rose and Bernard but when you said that it just jumped out at me as a reason why Claire would leave Aaron behind.

Offline Zinzi

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 10:34:46 AM »
Yes me too, it had to of been a really good reason to give up her baby.  I'm still hoping that Claire is alive and has just been filled in by Christian, although how do you go about explaining it all, especially when Shephard senior is usually pretty cryptic!  ;D

Back to Rose and Bernard, if they have been time skipping, can you just imagine the bickering that would be going on?!  It's been hard enough for the rest of the left behinds to understand and they had Daniel to explain it all!

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 11:59:47 AM »
They had to jump through time as well, but may have just hunkered down during this period.  Eventually, especially with the end of jumping, they are undoubtedly with the Others, as their presence would have been discovered.  Bernard is not exactly stealthy.

But yes, I can imagine Rose saying "Now what did you do?" every time they jumped. (its always the guy's fault)

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 12:21:27 PM »
I don't see any problem with Vincent time-jumping.  Dogs have fairly complex brains, much more than rabbits or cats.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 05:21:16 PM by Novashannon »

Offline westy185

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 01:43:48 PM »
I don't see any problem with Vincent time-jumping.  Dogs have fairly coplex brains, much more than rabbits or cats.

Hsssssssssssssss!!! (angry cat)

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 02:00:27 PM »
Vincent is also special somehow. They (Christian, Claire, Vincent) could have been in a place where the island was protecting them from the flashes too.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 05:22:05 PM »
I don't think Claire and Christian flashed, but we know Rose and Bernard did.

Offline norville

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 06:48:43 PM »
Didn't Jack estimate that Adam and Eve had probably been dead 50 years, based on the decomposition of their bodies and clothes?  For that reason I'm thinking they date approximately from the Army/Jughead timeframe rather than from Dharma's heyday.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 08:45:45 AM »
Didn't Jack estimate that Adam and Eve had probably been dead 50 years, based on the decomposition of their bodies and clothes?  For that reason I'm thinking they date approximately from the Army/Jughead timeframe rather than from Dharma's heyday.
It is possible that they died during the time they flashed back to the army/Jughead time. Their bodies would have stayed in that time just as Charlotte's did.