Author Topic: You Cannot age on the island  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
You Cannot age on the island
« on: March 17, 2009, 09:14:51 PM »
Haven't you noticed there have been countless deaths on lost, either death from guns, polar bears, monsters, planes, others or decease but we have never seen anyone die from old age.
Here is my theory, that when you goto the island your growth stops at the age you were, but when yo get off the island the body tries to quickly grow to where it should be. When Malcom David Kelley (Walt) was on the island sawyer remarked that he looked like a 5 year old, then after 3 years in the real world hes bloody godzilla!
This could also explain charles widmore as he should be 71 years old but looks at least 40 or 50.
Also this could explain alpert maybe everyone could live like alpert but people just keep dying.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: You Cannot age on the island
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 09:49:24 PM »
But then Alex would of still been a baby. Ben also grew up on the island. Danielle sure has aged, so it is not that simple.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 11:29:06 PM »
This could also explain charles widmore as he should be 71 years old but looks at least 40 or 50.
Oh, Harry!  You must be very young!   ;D

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 01:24:09 AM »
But then Alex would of still been a baby. Ben also grew up on the island. Danielle sure has aged, so it is not that simple.

Damn didnt think about that!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 02:22:54 AM »
One thing that supports your idea (maybe not your theory).

Charlotte shouldn't be born yet, but we saw a small girl who we were obviously meant to presume was Charlotte running around 5 years before her birth. Also, it's possible (not likely) that Horace and Amy's child is Karl. If so, I think that the island jumped 10 years of time... meaning Charlotte is the correct age, and it would make perfect sense that the baby could be Karl.

Again, I really don't think Karl is the baby, but it would be one of a couple ways to explain that the girl we saw was Charlotte.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 03:29:10 AM »

Charlotte shouldn't be born yet, but we saw a small girl who we were obviously meant to presume was Charlotte running around 5 years before her birth. Also, it's possible (not likely) that Horace and Amy's child is Karl. If so, I think that the island jumped 10 years of time... meaning Charlotte is the correct age, and it would make perfect sense that the baby could be Karl.

Again, I really don't think Karl is the baby, but it would be one of a couple ways to explain that the girl we saw was Charlotte.

If the baby is Karl...what is the point of showing us that, do you think?  It holds no 'shock' value for the viewers.  I could see them doing something like Amy introducing the baby by saying something like "Sleep sweet, Desmond"--and then we would hear the screeching LOST music..and BOOM...end of the episode.  THAT would be worth the speculation for me.  If the baby does end up being Karl, it will be a huge let down for me.

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 05:33:51 AM »
I think that charlotte wasnt born when ben said she was and that her birth date was changed to when they left the island

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 05:38:13 AM »

I think only the people who left the island (by turning the dharmawheel) jumped in time, like Charlotte, Miles and Widmore. Karl never left the island and aged normally.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 07:05:12 PM »

If the baby is Karl...what is the point of showing us that, do you think?  It holds no 'shock' value for the viewers.  I could see them doing something like Amy introducing the baby by saying something like "Sleep sweet, Desmond"--and then we would hear the screeching LOST music..and BOOM...end of the episode.  THAT would be worth the speculation for me.  If the baby does end up being Karl, it will be a huge let down for me.
I personally would prefer if it were no one we know.

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 01:11:25 AM »

uuuuuh old people creep me out
 :D

Offline cablecopulate

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 10:02:31 AM »
Haven't you noticed there have been countless deaths on lost, either death from guns, polar bears, monsters, planes, others or decease but we have never seen anyone die from old age.
That's because everyone dies from guns, polar bears, monsters, planes, others and disease before they reach old age.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 10:09:11 AM »

uuuuuh old people creep me out
 :D
Sweet Old Lady isn't creepy :D