Author Topic: The losties are changing the future  (Read 2301 times)

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: The losties are changing the future
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 09:38:59 AM »
lol - I did that too! Finally an answer!

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 05:11:13 PM »
This is why time travel is a fantasy!  Unless there's another dimension, I can't logically give this story credibility.  Even though I love this show!

I think it's funny you even consider giving the show logically credibility... It jump shark back in Season 1 in my opinion and I loved it.  It's a fantastic joy-ride. Logical, no.  Fun, yes.  Enjoy it for what it is and stop applying logic.

"What happened, happened they way the writers wrote it to happen" :)

Offline toadsage

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 05:25:51 PM »
Glad you posted this.  I was thinking about that 'whatever happened, happened' when Saywer talked Juliet into delivering Amy's baby.

Did Juliet already deliver it in her past and doesn't remember?  What if Sawyer wasn't able to convince her to perform the delivery?  Would the baby have died?  and if so, how would that effect the world? And, if the Losties weren't there the first time around, who was head of security, and wouldn't that person be out of a job, thus effecting their lives.  Etc...etc...etc...

This is why time travel is a fantasy!  Unless there's another dimension, I can't logically give this story credibility.  Even though I love this show!

it wouldnt be in the past. even tho theyre in 1977 its still the present for her. the plane crash, the opperation on ben, the freighter...etc. are all the past for her. just cuz its 1977 doesent mean that its the past. i saw in the faraday poll thread that some peps thot he was trying to get back to oxford to do his experiments. hes already done them becuase that is his past history.

hope this didnt sound jerkey ;D

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 10:51:43 PM »
Its such a weird thing, even if the losties do something that they judge wouldnt have been done in the past they wouldve done it anyway.
There is no way to change the future