Author Topic: Welcome! Feel Free to Introduce Yourselves (Also Forum Map & Photo Album)  (Read 480696 times)

Offline DevilishinVA

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Devilish, Sledge & I both live in the DC area, so if you are in NoVA, we're sort of neighbors...

Yes, I knew this. So, hey ya neighbors  :) Can I borrow some sugar? LOL
Alot of sites are now using Frappr map for their members. See "Locations Map" on here to see what I mean. Maybe we could have one set up for SWLS members also.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 03:17:27 AM by DevilishinVA »

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Hah, I'm all out of sugar, unless you mean metaphorical sugar... got lotsa love for everyone here!  :D

Great idea on the Frappr map.  We have this over at LOST-TV also and it works well.  So I'm going to add it to the toppost, feel free to add yourselves!  (If you wish to be anonymous for the map, you may also just use "Username")

http://www.frappr.com/slwscommunity

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
I used to live in Fairfax Co.  Is that Northern enough in VA?

Offline adeyles

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Hiya, my real name is Andy and I am from South East London, UK.  Im a restaurant manager and I just love Lost!  I borrowed season 1 off a mate and watched the whole boxset in 3 days!!  Been downloading the new episodes and just watched "2 for the Road".  My only problem is that i have no one to discuss the episodes with face-to-face.  Thank God for Sledge!!!!

Take care,

andy

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• View Profile
Hi Adeyles, great to see another UK'er. I know what you mean about not having anybody to chat about the newest episodes - they're all getting excited about Season 2 only just starting over here! I have to be careful what I say when talking about Lost - this site is a Godsend!

What Restaurant do you manage - one I would know? (sorry if thats a bit too nosey, I'm just pleased to see somebody from this side of the ocean!). Not that I'm not pleased to see everybody else from the USA of course, or anywhere else for that matter. Oh, I'm rambling now, sorry - you know what I mean!

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
Cool, glad you guys have been adding yourself to the map!  Just out of curiosity, how have people been getting on Sledge's site these last few days?  It's been down this whole time for me, til this AM!

Oh, and for the UKers (or anyone international)... you can add yourselves to the map also, just FYI.  It may look like only a US map, but you can pan across or up and down with the arrows, to any country in the world!  Try it...

Offline DevilishinVA

• Survivor
    • View Profile
I had problems getting on the site Tuesday morning. Besides that, it's been all good for me.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Hey - Jeff from South Bend, Indiana here.  Been obcessed with lost since Jack's eye opened in pilot.  surfed many websites since start, but found the sledgemeister mid-season one.  Check in everyday at work since, but only started contributing in last two months.  Finally wanted to add my two cents and make predictions.  Pretty darn good predictions if I say so myself.

48, married with three boys 15 - 21.  All of them are into arts, graphic design, film editing, music, etc.  Fun.

I had trouble getting on to the site for the better part of a week starting last Wednesday.  Server not available or something.  Couldn't get my sledge fix!!  I was like a junkie without his stuff!!  Not a good scene, dude.

Offline debbie

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Hi from debbie in southeast Michigan write more later,Tired is eventual

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
this frappr stuff is scary... i added myself noting my city, and the marker on the map placed me in a park that is pretty much in my neighbourhood!

Offline jodeci

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
hey all, jody c here, hence the nickname jodeci.  i'm in cleveland, ohio and i work at the rock&roll hall of fame.  i found sledge at the beginning of season two, and it quickly became my fave 'lost' site.   i don't post a lot, but i do love to hear everybody's thoughts.  'lost' is the one show that i will not answer the door, phone or pager during    :) 
happy lost day everybody!

Offline Ides of August

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
hi, I'm Karen (Ides of August is my birthday and is also two of The Numbers [depending on how you count ides]), and I'm a 30 something Lostoholic from Newton, Mass (which is pretty much Boston). (And I'm apparently addicted to parenthesis as well)

HAPPY LOST DAY !!!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 02:27:01 PM by Ides of August »

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
this frappr stuff is scary... i added myself noting my city, and the marker on the map placed me in a park that is pretty much in my neighbourhood!

You can actually go in an edit the marker to go exactly where you are.  That's even scarier!

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
As it turned out, I had some weird issue with my ISP.  It was not resolving Sledge's new DNS, so I kept getting pointed to "page not found"... and all this time I thought it was just his server (I had no problems with any other site).  I called my ISP and got it resolved with a universal IP address.  Weird because it was inconsistantly on or offline this weekend... mostly appeared "down" to me from Friday til today.  I was joking with Sledge that he probably should not ban his staff. :D

If anyone else had similar issues over the weekend, please PM me.  Of course, that doesn't apply after tonight and tomorrow, because it could just be a server crush issue. :P

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• View Profile
Hiya, I have had problems getting my Sledge fix on and off since the changeover  - same thing saying page not found. I have to say the last few days have been pretty smooth. My family has now forgiven me for my mood through the withdrawals! (teehee).    :D