Author Topic: Welcome! Feel Free to Introduce Yourselves (Also Forum Map & Photo Album)  (Read 465501 times)

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Hey Purple Princess!  Hmm, I looked through your User data and can't see 2 huge posts on webmaze material in there, also.  The forum wasn't officially open last night, so I'm assuming it should be under your replies to News Items (though I'm not seeing it in your recent posts either).  The News Items feed into the front page of this site and comments will show both as replies in the forum system and in the old format (as comments at the bottom of articles).  Your not finding your post may be a glitch/bug with the new system, and hopefully the posts aren't gone for good.  I'll post in the staff section and point to this issue and see if Sledge can help you.

And here's the thread with much of the important new info from the HansoFoundation updates so far:
http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=883.0

It's in a forum specifically about the Lost Experience webmaze material.  There is also a sticky at the top which will cover some of the clues as we all find them.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 04:57:12 PM by PandoraX »

Offline HurleysGirl

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Hey - I'm not one of the "chosen ones" - just a background extra.  Which is odd since I've been a member of SAG in real life since 1972!  Seriously tho - you should send a message to Pandora or Sledge or on of the other "Others" re: your missing posts.  While you're at it, send one to Olly re: the teams - when he gets a break from school I'm sure he'll set something up.

Hope everything is peachy across the pond!  Only 5 hours and 6 minutes to go here!

Offline HurleysGirl

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
As usual - a day late and a dollar short...Sigh

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Hi Rick from Bloomington Indiana, Long time Sledgeling and I am no longer a Full time resident over at the Black Rock! I left due to unresolved differences with an individual there.

44, married, 1 obnoxious 2 year old, Named Max. (who would have guessed?)  :D

I thought Lost was going to be lame like the subplot on the X-files. But I was wrong. My wife finally got me addicted near the end of season one. NOW I'M OBSESSED! ;D

« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 02:45:47 PM by MaxsDad »

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• View Profile
Thanks guys, really appreciated.

I'm sure they are out there in cyberspace somewhere having a good surf! I did write it all down so all is not 'lost'! (teehee).

I found the UK section in the Lost Experience bit eventually. (Sorry I panicked!) It would seem that AstroJones has already put in some really good information so we've got something to go on for now. 

All is peachey here thanks. I'm only gutted I'll have to wait a few days before I can download tonight's episode (20).

HAPPY LOST DAY!

Hey MaxsDad - I had been looking out for a 'Max' to post all this time! I guess it's hard to type at that age! Nice to 'meet' you properly!

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
Purple, I spoke with Sledge in chat about your issue.  I think that a few comments and posts were lost during the transitional period, but now that the forum is established, it shouldn't happen anymore (if it does, please let us know).  He is going to try and recover some of those posts from the old system if he has the chance; though it may not be right away since things are so busy with the new forum, a new episode tonight, and new webmaze material.

Sledge is thinking of implementing a general Helpdesk Forum, so check for that in the future, will be good for questions like these.

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• View Profile
Thank you so much PandoraX for talking to Sledge. There's really no rush with it though, I don't want to create a fuss when there's so much going on as you rightly pointed out. I'm really appreciative of the quick response already!

If Sledge needs any details as and when he does get the chance to look for them, I can provide more specifics but I'll leave it for now and perhaps post in the Helpdesk in a few days or weeks...

Thank you again and enjoy tonight's episode!

;)

Offline prometheus

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Greetings to everyone.  The real name is Upton.  Iím an artist.  Painter, Sculpture, and have been working in film for the past 6 years.  I am an On set painter.  I do the last minute touch ups of the sets before they shoot the scenes.   Itís the best job on set.  I love the New site, Thanks Sledge and co.  Everyoneís personality is goanna come out a bit more in their posts.  Happy lost Day!!!! 

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
Hi.  My name is Carrie, and I'm a shy giver of info.  That is all.

Offline SandStorm

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Errr... Hi!  I'm Sara and uhhh... I'm... new! Yay!  See y'all around the boards! :)

Offline Hotspur Warrior

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Hey everyone, I'm Glenn from Clacton-on-sea, Essex, England. Devoted Lost fan, I absolutely adore the show. Eighteen year old male, studying English Language, Media Studies and Psychology at college. My ambition in life is to be a successful sports journalist, though I enjoy planning/writing novels too.

My favourite character is John Locke. I can't explain why, he's just super cool. I knew from the orange peel smile in Pilot Part Two that he would be my favourite character, and it has turned out that way.

My favourite female character is Claire. Actually, that's a bit of a fib, because the character has, over time, become very boring and pointless. But Emile de Ravin is so freaking hot! You've got to love Kate as well. You just do, as a character and a gorgeous, talented actor.

I'm more of a fan of the mythological side of the show, but also enjoy the character development part of it because a show like Lost couldn't be this good if we didn't know so much about the characters. Still, I enjoy the Hatch and DHARMA Initiative more than characters setting off on a raft or having relationships.

Other Lost information from me is that my favourite ever episode is Lockdown, closely followed by Walkabout ("Locke used to be in a wheelchair?! Holy crap!" - totally shocked me when that was revealed) and Maternity Leave. Even though I live in England, I am up to date with the Americans thanks to Bit Torrent. My incredibly slow Internet means I have to wait ten hours for the latest episode to download, but it is worth it when done. Just wish I had better Internet service...

I'm terrified of Marvin Candle, and the Orientation video freaked me out. I'm macho really! I love the Desmond character and long for his return, which I hope will be by the end of Season Two.

Other than Lost, I enjoy watching Prison Break, which I am a big fan of. I also enjoy wrestling, especially TNA and the soon-to-return ECW. I love soccer, as the Americans call it.

That's about it, really. More than enough information for you to judge me on. Glad to meet you fellow Lost fans, I hope this forum evolves well over time and we all get to know each other well. Friendly, close-knit forums are better than aggressive, self-centred or reclusive ones.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 09:31:10 PM by Hotspur Warrior »

Offline DevilishinVA

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Hey ya everyone!! My name is Mark. I'm a east-coaster living in Virginia. I came across SWLS right before the Season 1 finale. During the summer, Sledge did a scavenger hunt for us. It was awesome!! I met alot of great people and had alot of fun. Didn't do The Hunt last year??? Check it out here: http://lost.cubit.net/thehunt01.php  I'm also a member of The Black Rock, The Fuselage, Lost-TV, LVI, and alot more. But SWLS is home and will always be as long as it is around.

Besides Lost, I also watch Survivor, The Amazing Race, CSI, The History Channel, The Discovery Channel & National Geographic Channel. I love movies and have a huge DVD collection. Some of my favorite movies are: The Shawshank Redemption, Blade Runner, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Scarface, The Color Purple.....just to name a few. I'm a fan of every movie genre except westerns.

Recently I've been working too much and haven't had alot of free time to do much. You might see me one day posting alot and not see me again for a month. Well, thats it. See ya around!

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
Hi- I'm Cayley, from Dorchester (Boston), MA. 39, married with a 2 1/2 yr old son.

I knew from the first promo for "Lost" 2 yrs ago that I would love this show, but I watched for almost a season and a half, taking everything at face value and believing I had all the info I needed each week. Thank goodness my husband's cousin told me about Sledge and I discovered all those things in the background, all fascinating references were explained and I became as obsessed as a mother of a toddler has time to obsess about anything other than the child! Now the biggest thing that bugs me about the show is that nobody I know that watches it cares as much as I about Jack's mystery sister, Libby's background or where Desmond went. Although they always ask what the deal is with the polar bear...

Other things I've become addicted too: MST 3K, The Young Ones, The Beatles, Tony Stewart, Stand-up Comedy and the Hitchhikers Guide series.

Offline Pandora

• View Profile

Hi, new people... nice to meet you all! 

No problem, Purple...

Cayley, answered your question... and yes, many of us do love the Hitchhiker Series here as well...

Devilish, Sledge & I both live in the DC area, so if you are in NoVA, we're sort of neighbors...

Oh, and I'm a big watcher of Survivor & Amazing Race as well.  Yes, I know the reality genre is dumber and more contrived, not as thought provoking as LOST, but I love it all the same, it's good escapism for TV.... so we have that in common... maybe one of us should start a thread about it. :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 07:34:05 AM by Pandora »

Offline WayLost

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
hello all agian it is great to know there are lots of east coast people here.  I grew up out side of DC in Montgomery Co. I also wanted to post to see if my new Avatar worked.