Author Topic: Why does Widmores jumpsuit say Jones  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Why does Widmores jumpsuit say Jones
« on: March 15, 2009, 04:38:47 AM »
I can't beleive i didnt notice it before but in Jug Head Widmore wears a jumpsuit that says Jones on it, the purge didnt begin yet and the D.I wouldnt have begun on the island yet due to military activity, so whered he get it?
Is it possible that he and richard lied about his identity, who knows maybe they even know that locke came from the future and are setting him up for something

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Why does Widmores jumpsuit say Jones
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 07:06:01 AM »
The jumpsuit was presumably stolen from a dead British or American soldier.

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 12:34:11 PM »
The jumpsuit was presumably stolen from a dead British or American soldier.

Agreed. Also, if it had said Widmore when we first saw him, we wouldn't have had that awesome moment where we find out the kid is Widmore from Richard so Locke can introduce himself directly and dramatically.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 09:34:11 AM »
Also, Richard knew his name was Widmore and said it when he told him to pipe down. Because of that Locke realized who he was.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 09:40:23 AM »
Lil chiming in here.

Correct they were all donning military uniforms and Richard stated that the camp they were in was previously used by the Army. 

Also this is 1954 (Jughead) and DI was not established, so there was no purge the purge happened later.

to Harry Erickson - if you recall there is a picture of the island circa 1954 in the lamp post and to our knowledge that is what prompted the creation of lamp post.