Author Topic: Was Alex Bens before the Purge?  (Read 2980 times)

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Was Alex Bens before the Purge?
« on: March 15, 2009, 04:48:01 AM »
According to wikipedia Alex was found before the purge, is this true?

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Was Alex Bens before the Purge?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 06:54:16 AM »
Rousseau said that Alex was 1 week old when "they" came and took her. She saw black smoke
the day before. 
The group of Rousseau heard the numbers on 15 november 1988 and got to the island
a few days later. Alex was born 2 months later (januari 1989).
The purge was in 1992. At the time of the purge Ben worked and lived in the Dharma
Initiative. At some point he adopts Alex.
It is not clear who took Alex, why they took her and where she stayed before the purge.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 10:32:30 AM »
I wondered myself months ago?

72   Episode Discussion (Spoiler Free) / Season 5 / Re: Something I notced in the update episode...  on: January 22, 2009, 08:27:11 AM 
Since this is about the update episode,
When John Dreamed of Horace, Horace tells him that he has been dead for 12 years,
Rousseau has been on the island for 16 years,
Alex was taken as a baby, 16 years ago?
So Alex was 4 when Dharma was wiped out?
Where was she kept in the meantime?
She could not have met ben when she was just four years old could she?

Maybe an error on the writers part, I doubt it.

Thoughts?

Offline userh6478

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 12:04:55 PM »
So how did Alex and Danielle make it past that..I mean Danielle avoided them apparently so wouldn't she of died to ..

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »
I am not sure what you mean,

Make it past???

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 02:14:36 PM »
I am not sure what you mean,

Make it past???

I think maybe she means how did Alex and Danielle survive the purge. ???

opgelost is correct:
It is not clear who took Alex, why they took her and where she stayed before the purge.

But it would have been difficult for Ben to steal Alex and keep her in the barracks with him while he continues to play double-agent at the DI. People would ask questions. I think she stayed with the Others.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 02:55:19 PM »
Well Danielle was on another part of the island. I do not believe they gassed the whole island just othersville. This is why Ben had to do a special gassing of his dad. He was outside the gas range.

Alex must of been saved by Ben or the others. Maybe many of the children were saved.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 03:30:05 PM »
Well Danielle was on another part of the island. I do not believe they gassed the whole island just othersville. This is why Ben had to do a special gassing of his dad. He was outside the gas range.

Alex must of been saved by Ben or the others. Maybe many of the children were saved.

I agree with Juggy.  :)

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 04:34:07 PM »
If he would have just said "how did they suvive the purge" I wouldve understood,

That didnt concern me as much as where was she while ben was a workman?

This makes me think of something.

It reminds me of My grandfather who went to WWII in 1940, prior to my Mother being born, and came back in 1945 after the war was over and meeting my Mother for the first time, she obviously did not recognize him and didnt know any other father either but it took her till she was 7 yrs old to feel comfortable around this stranger,

They could have said to Alex "oh your fathers out fighting a "war" he'll be back soon,

3-4 years later in comes daddy Linus?

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 05:00:08 PM »
It seems like Alex never really fit in with the Others, but it never seemed to me that she doubted Ben's paternity.

Ben had to have had some kind of regular communication with the Others in order to orchestrate the Purge. If this is the case, he could have been leading a double life. DI Work Man by day, Others spy and leader by night. Alex would have thought that her Daddy had a night job.  :-\

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 01:35:34 AM »
or maybe Ben was with someone/married. and she was pregnant with his baby, he sent mother and baby away because he knew the purge was going to take place eventually  and then he stole Alex and claimed her as his own ,then widmore wouldn't know who his real daughter was.  :-\ ( well, I don't know about the last part because I don't know if he knew how bad his and widmores relationship would be like in the future . Or did he?!  :o hmmmm)