Author Topic: MARCH MADNESS!!! SWLS LOST...Brackets are back!  (Read 10432 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: MARCH MADNESS!!! SWLS LOST...Brackets are back!
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2010, 11:33:30 AM »
Thanks.  It was a little more painful than expected, but I got into both.  Strangely, it wouldn't work with Chrome... I had to go back to using IE to get it working properly.  Alas... my last place picks are in!
Chrome worked for me! Also, there's a thread at the top of the page with the new bracket information. I don't think it really changed much, though.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2010, 09:48:15 AM »
Right now my best bracket only has one 1st round game wrong with all the rest potentially correct.  Ahhhhh, brackets!

Of course its not my one here, but in the ESPN Pardon the Interuption pool.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2010, 11:38:04 AM »
Right now my best bracket only has one 1st round game wrong with all the rest potentially correct.  Ahhhhh, brackets!

Of course its not my one here, but in the ESPN Pardon the Interuption pool.
how is it now?

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2010, 06:09:33 PM »
My brackets are busted! LOL

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2010, 02:53:13 PM »
I am a bracket maniac.  I don't gamble.  I don't buy lottery tickets.  But once a year I do brackets.  And brackets.  AND BRACKETS!!

In total I have 20 brackets this year.  You can do 10 on ESPN.com.  There is no cost and you can win $10,000.  What the hey!  You can also do multiples on CBSSports.com, including round-by-round contests where you reset after each round.  So you make sure you cover multiple upset angles as you fill out your brackets. 

Of the final 16 teams I got 15 of them right on at least one of my entries.  Unfortunately not at the same time.  The only team I never predicted to make it to the Sweet 16 was ..... Purdue.  Normally I would have.  Even though I'm a Indiana University grad and Purdue are our arch rivals, I'm a Big 10 proponent, and would have picked PU to advance at least some of the time, but they lost their best player at the end of the season so I thought they would lose.  Serves me right.  But I picked Northern Iowa over Kansas, Cornell over Wiconson and St Mary's over Villanova several times out of 20 entries.  But my overall best is only 12 out of 16 left correct.  BUT!  I can get the remaining games correct to the championship correct on five of my entries.

It won't happen.  Something will yet screw me up.  But it could happen.  Ahhhhhh...  brackets!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:56:46 PM by lostfromthestart »

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2010, 04:14:04 AM »
I am a bracket maniac.  I don't gamble.  I don't buy lottery tickets.  But once a year I do brackets.  And brackets.  AND BRACKETS!!

In total I have 20 brackets this year.  You can do 10 on ESPN.com.  There is no cost and you can win $10,000.  What the hey!  You can also do multiples on CBSSports.com, including round-by-round contests where you reset after each round.  So you make sure you cover multiple upset angles as you fill out your brackets. 

Of the final 16 teams I got 15 of them right on at least one of my entries.  Unfortunately not at the same time.  The only team I never predicted to make it to the Sweet 16 was ..... Purdue.  Normally I would have.  Even though I'm a Indiana University grad and Purdue are our arch rivals, I'm a Big 10 proponent, and would have picked PU to advance at least some of the time, but they lost their best player at the end of the season so I thought they would lose.  Serves me right.  But I picked Northern Iowa over Kansas, Cornell over Wiconson and St Mary's over Villanova several times out of 20 entries.  But my overall best is only 12 out of 16 left correct.  BUT!  I can get the remaining games correct to the championship correct on five of my entries.

It won't happen.  Something will yet screw me up.  But it could happen.  Ahhhhhh...  brackets!!
Don't worry lfts.... I'm a Purdue grad and I picked them to lose to A&M.  I can just be happy they won!  :)

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2010, 03:16:58 AM »
It's so funny how bad my brackets are this year.  I love the upsets.  The only one with a prayer of doing well is one I have on espn.  I did 3 different brackets this year.  I think this is the worst I've ever done.

Oh well.  Even Obama is doing poorly, so I guess I shouldn't feel badly about it.  Who could have predicted all of this madness?

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2010, 01:42:01 PM »
I would have rather have had Obama lose at healthcare reform and have a winning bracket..........

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2010, 12:21:47 AM »
LOL  I think this is the worst year for a lot of us!  Total March Madness :D

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2010, 01:28:33 PM »
I have 2 correct final 4 teams and can still have the correct winner.  Come on West Virginia!  Mountain momma.  Take me home.

Offline nejsitsol

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2010, 01:35:50 PM »
GO BUTLER!

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2010, 04:44:55 PM »
As a Hoosier, yes I must root for Butler, too.  Hey, maybe Gene Hackman will come to the championship!

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2010, 02:34:01 PM »
OK, who won our bracket challenge?  My friendly IT people won't let me visit the bracket site from the office.  Can someone tell us the final standings?

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2010, 03:57:15 PM »
I think BlackRockBob won both the "Sledgeweb's March Madness" group and the "SWLS" group.