Ben
0 (0%)
Someone else we know
11 (31.4%)
Someone we don't know (yet)
12 (34.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: March 18, 2009, 06:02:03 PM

Author Topic: Who is Amy's Son?  (Read 4644 times)

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Who is Amy's Son?
« on: March 11, 2009, 06:02:03 PM »
There's been some much discussion on this subject, I just wanted to see what the consensus was...

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Amy's Son?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 06:04:49 PM »
I say it's someone else we know. I just don't want to speculate on it anymore because it hurts my head. :-\ Then people factor in age, but what if someone time-traveled, and I lose it.

TJ, you and I will be Dharma Work People within a week at this rate..!

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 06:07:40 PM »
You'll get there much faster than me... You were a couple 100 post behind me just last week... :)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 07:18:05 PM »
I'm sticking with Vincent.  ;D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 08:38:46 PM »
We know Jack's, Sawyer's, Ben's and Daniel's parents already. So they are all out. They are not going to go soap opera on us. Plus Jack, Sawyer and Ben are all to old.

Someone else we already know.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 10:45:17 PM »
I'm another "someone else we know" voter...but I have no clue or guess as to who the baby is!

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 12:23:32 AM »
Daniel.  Eloise "adopted" him from Amy just like Ben "adopted" Alex from Rousseau.  'Cause... the Others are just like that.

Plus, I have not sensed a "true" mother-son connection between Daniel and Eloise, in any of their discussions about the other.  And Daniel named his rat Eloise, which, even though he may've been fond of her, was still a rat.  And the age is about right.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 12:25:16 AM by Madam P »

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 02:20:01 AM »
Hmmmmmm................

Someone else we know.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »
We know Jack's, Sawyer's, Ben's and Daniel's parents already. So they are all out. They are not going to go soap opera on us. Plus Jack, Sawyer and Ben are all to old.

I tend to disagree.  I don't see why it would be so implausible for them to "soap opera" us like that.  I guess Ben would be the least likely, then Jack...  I think it would be cool to find out that Sawyer was adopted and that baby was him.  It was Sawyer who was instrumental in convincing Juliet in delivering the baby.  What if he saved his own life?!?

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 03:28:11 PM »
Sometimes a baby is just a baby, not everyone has to be someone.

someone else we don't know yet, or may never know.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 03:39:34 PM »
Karl!!!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 04:52:02 PM »

I tend to disagree.  I don't see why it would be so implausible for them to "soap opera" us like that.  I guess Ben would be the least likely, then Jack...  I think it would be cool to find out that Sawyer was adopted and that baby was him.  It was Sawyer who was instrumental in convincing Juliet in delivering the baby.  What if he saved his own life?!?
I am sorry but that would be a horrible and lame story line. "You know who you thought were your parents.... well wrong, Amy is and you just helped deliver yourself."

That would be very lazy writing and I would be highly disappointed with that development.

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 06:41:12 PM »
Madam P, I guess it's just you and I. for all the reasons you stated and also I think It might be Dan because that would be his reason for wanting to come back to the island, like Miles and Charlotte.
(lol, sorry to say Madam P, but I'm usually wrong about these things so our chances just got worse! lol)

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 06:45:17 PM »
Nah, that's all right, Mrs. Hume.  We'll just laugh it up and have a big ol' party when we're proven right.  LOL!   ;D

(I'm usually wrong, too, but hey, maybe this time it's OUR TURN, D--- it!  LOL!)

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 07:42:31 PM »

I am sorry but that would be a horrible and lame story line. "You know who you thought were your parents.... well wrong, Amy is and you just helped deliver yourself."

That would be very lazy writing and I would be highly disappointed with that development.

I fail to see why that is lazy writing? What constitutes lazy writing verses hard-working writing?  I'm not a writer, of course, but a story line where a character finds out that the people who raised him were not his birth parents doesn't seem lazy to me?!?

Out of curiosity, did you feel that the reason Richard visited John at his birth because John told him to was lazy writing?  I thought it was brilliant!