Author Topic: 10 facts about YOU...  (Read 15422 times)

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: 10 facts about YOU...
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2009, 03:13:20 AM »
I think some people are more sensitive to things than other people. Wow, that is really crazy about how you were able to sense something about that mansion! Perhaps you are an empath?  I'm more of a skeptic than anything. We've had strange things happen, but I'm the one trying to figure out how it could have happened naturally. 

What you said about TAPS is the reason my hubby doesn't like the show anymore. He feels a lot of it is staged now. Which is sad, because I don't think they used to be like that. :(

My mom is still upset that she never sent me to "psychic" school, lol. It was a tour of the Newport Mansions, and as soon as I stepped over the threshold, I felt sick to my stomach, so much so that I had to leave. Outside, I was fine, but I wouldn't go in it again.

It is sad about TAPS! I have the hugest crush on Steve, though. So I keep watching even though I know it's not 100% real anymore.  :-\ Let me know the next time you go do stuff with your paranormal society, maybe I'd be interested...unless you don't want me there! D'oh! Don't mean to invite myself!  :-X

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 03:19:12 AM »

1. I fall asleep watching "F.R.I.E.N.D.S." nearly every night...and know most episodes word for word now.
4. I sang in the kids choir at the Billy Graham Crusade when I was a kid.
5. I've taken three years formal training in American Sign Language.
9. I can curl my tongue into a three-leaf clover.

I wish you lived by me. We'd hang out for sure. My sis-in-love and I went through all the Friends together (twice) haha they are great

:)  That made me smile.  If you're ever in town, we could totally have a Friends marathon. hehe 
I can't wait to read your 10 things!

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 03:46:41 AM »
Mrs. A, if I send you all my rough draft essays will you proof read them? :D

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 03:49:57 AM »
Mrs. A, if I send you all my rough draft essays will you proof read them? :D

I would do it for you!  I'm a writer as well...and to top it off, I was a proof reader for a magazine for a short time.  ;)

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 03:58:01 AM »
We have a lot of great writers here! That's one of the reasons I joined SWLS instead of another forum, because everybody seemed to understand things and understand how to talk about things clearly (even if they didn't actually get what was going on, lol).

Proofreading I can do pretty well. Editing? Well, I'm a pretty harsh editor.  ::) But...if you send them with cookies, how can I refuse? haha..

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 11:21:48 AM »
1. I am currently in school to be a civil engineer, hopefully structural.
2. I am engaged to the most wonderful person in the world, and it isn't you.
3. I am the editor for creative works and poetry for a Christian literary magazine.
4. I am currently applying for jobs online.
5. I have played basketball, baseball, golf, soccer, tennis, racquetball, volleyball, and run cross country.
6. I am horrible at all of the sports just mentioned.
7. I was up all night planning to make a vlog that I can't even start for another week because I don't have the equipment with me.
8. I think multiple piercings are kinda stupid in long-haired girls because the hair covers it up, and you're wasting money on things that no one can see.
9. I realize that these piercings and other things like makeup are more for the girl, but I still find them dumb ;D
10. I toured Europe in 2005 as part of an American choir and band made up of the best high school musicians at the time. It was totally awesome.

JB and why did I not make any of the top ten things in your life?  Handcuffs are now being removed. your closet space will be given to someone else. 

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 11:48:30 AM »
Here goes:

1. I "teach" English in a public high school.
2. I am starting to seriously think about what I want to "be when I grow up".
3. I am a Pisces - spiritual, but not organized-religious - I honor your truth
4. I have five children, the youngest are twins
5. I love traveling - lived in the UK for three years - I see us all as global citizens
6. I like to cook - bake - read - write -dance - garden - hike - enjoy the outside
7. I need to spend time near the ocean - my next move needs to be on the coast, a coast
8. I watch very little tv, but get hooked on one program at a time (the past several years: LOST)
9. I am a LUSH addict (I am a hedonistic bather)
10. I am into recycling - reusing - reducing - trying to live more "green" (right now I am pale "celadon")

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 12:41:05 PM »
Here goes:

1. I "teach" English in a public high school.
2. I am starting to seriously think about what I want to "be when I grow up".
3. I am a Pisces - spiritual, but not organized-religious - I honor your truth
4. I have five children, the youngest are twins
5. I love traveling - lived in the UK for three years - I see us all as global citizens
6. I like to cook - bake - read - write -dance - garden - hike - enjoy the outside
7. I need to spend time near the ocean - my next move needs to be on the coast, a coast
8. I watch very little tv, but get hooked on one program at a time (the past several years: LOST)
9. I am a LUSH addict (I am a hedonistic bather)
10. I am into recycling - reusing - reducing - trying to live more "green" (right now I am pale "celadon")

Um, I love all of these! And they're similar to things I would have put down too... hmmm.... are we related?? lol!

LUSH is the best thing that's happened to the bathroom since indoor plumbing.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 12:46:28 PM »
Okay ladies...please elaborate...what is LUSH??? 

And very excited to see we have writers on the board!  I used to write way back in the day, but now I prefer drawing.  Hey, let's all collaborate and make a book!!! What say?!?!?! 

;D

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 12:51:25 PM »
Okay ladies...please elaborate...what is LUSH??? 

And very excited to see we have writers on the board!  I used to write way back in the day, but now I prefer drawing.  Hey, let's all collaborate and make a book!!! What say?!?!?! 

;D

http://www.lushusa.com/shop

There's a store in Pasadena, one on the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica, and one in the Glendale Mall. There's one in Beverly Hills too, but I don't know where. The Santa Monica one is my favorite! The people there are so much nicer, and you get really good goody bags!

We are collaborating on a book! Isn't it called the Neverending Lost Story Game? Or something?  :)

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2009, 12:53:14 PM »
1) I am new here
2) I live on the east coast of Canada where we have 2 seasons: winter, and road construction (or repairs if you will)
3) I play guitar in a band. We play rock music... to be general.
4) I am employed as an IT administrator
5) Music is my religion.
6) "grizno" is what a lot of people actually call me and it stems from a longer nickname "Gretzky" because my frosh name is University was Gretzky frosh (When our floor leaders would call out "Gretzky frosh what do you say?" I would have to yell "I score everytime I play"). Nobody knew my real name and eventually it was shortened to Grizno... don't ask how cause I dont know.
7) My real name is Andrew
8) I played competitive hockey for 15 years ending with playing for my high school.
9) I am a HUGE Montreal Canadians fan
10) Other than LOST, my other favorite shows are 24, Dexter, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Flight Of The Conchords, South Park, and Entourage (mostly because of Jeremy Piven, but I guess all the TnA helps a bit ;D).

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2009, 12:56:12 PM »
How cool that you are in a rock band griznO!!!  Do you play any venues? My hubby is also a guitar player for a band. They just play covers though for local pubs.

And I WANT TO MOVE TO CANADA. Cuz it's pretty and green and medical care is way better than over here!!!!!!

Mrs. A--LOVED the website!!!!

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2009, 01:02:02 PM »
Mrs. A--LOVED the website!!!!

I knew you would! Just wait until you walk into an actual store...you'll remember the smell forever. I was in Christchurch, New Zealand, and I SWEAR I smelled LUSH, but I didn't know if there were any around. I walked around for a bit, and BOOM! There it was! And they gave me a huge bottle of shampoo and a huge bottle of conditioner as a "goody bag" when I bought a little tub of moisturizer...that's seriously worth, like, $50!!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 01:03:27 PM »
I am not addicted!  Where was this a week ago!  I need it now ;D

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2009, 01:17:42 PM »
How cool that you are in a rock band griznO!!!  Do you play any venues? My hubby is also a guitar player for a band. They just play covers though for local pubs.

And I WANT TO MOVE TO CANADA. Cuz it's pretty and green and medical care is way better than over here!!!!!!

We do play venues (mostly bars / pubs) but we've only been around the maritime provinces. We're not super serious about it and we actually haven't been doing much lately as our singer has moved away. I personally think we're on the outs... but that doesn't mean I won't start up something new, cause I definitely will. We actually have a music video we made though with the help of some friends who were in film school at the time and were in need of a project. If there is any interest in seeing it, its here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp6w3pRisaM

Song is called "Migraine". And, before anyone asks... no, I am not 9 years old. lol, thats just gonna make everyone want to go see it now isnt it?

And yeah, Canada is a pretty sweet place to live. Although, it is all I've ever known so I don't really have anything to compare against. There just might be better out there :P But anywhere that allows you to have up to 30 grams of pot on you and not recieve a criminal record for it if you're caught is alright with me hehe.