Author Topic: How they all get back  (Read 692 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
How they all get back
« on: March 10, 2009, 04:47:53 AM »
This idea has kind of been touched on a little bit, but I just wanted to put together a theory of mine real quick.

We know the O6 (or most of them) and the Time Bandits are back in the 70's, so they will either be stuck there forever, OR they will find a way to get back to their own timeline. I prefer to think they will link back up to the present, so the question becomes 'How?'

The island isn't skipping anymore, so thats not it. From the beginning of the first episode, the Orchid is far from built, so that doesn't seem likely.

Well, I think the answer lies in the Incident at the Swan Station. We have no idea what happened there, but it was major. The timing is right and I keep thinking about how cool it would be to see what actually happened. As for the details, who needs them? They never really explained how Jin made the jumps but the helicopter didn't, right?

Just my thought / hope that we will get to see the Incident and it plays a vital role in getting our main characters back to the future...hey thats catchy.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: How they all get back
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 08:10:15 AM »
I think it's likely that the DHARMA pod inside the Orchid will be used in some way, to get back to the future. Faraday already appears to have wangled himself into the position of construction crew at the Orchid.

I can only really imagine Sun and Jin wanting to return, as they have Ji-Yeon as their motivation. Maybe at a pinch, Juliet and Sawyer too, as Sawyer had a child and Juliet was very close to her sister.

I think the other Losties will live out there life on the Island; but God knows what'll happen if they're still there in 30 years when 815 crashes. Maybe they will tearfully have to leave at that point?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 08:15:59 AM by MangoBingo »