Author Topic: Burying The Bodies  (Read 5634 times)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Burying The Bodies
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 07:56:03 AM »
I think Amy wanted to hide the bodies as a desperate attempt to keep the peace and nothing more.  And I think Richard wanted Paul's body as evidence that justice had been served and nothing more.

You didn't find Amy's behaviour strange or Richard's request weird?

What if Paul was an undercover other, and Amy found out? Paul was there to blend in, like Ethan was to the Losties. So he blended in with Amy. But she found out. She said they should take a picnic. When they get out to the picnic, she pulls a gun and confronts Paul. They argue and she shoots him.

I do think she killed her husband.

Why didn't the two thug-like Others just shoot her too, if they were so trigger-happy? The two Others seemed to be abducting her to take her back to the Others camp - hence the sack over her head. Why abduct her rather than kill her?... My guess is to face trial for killing one of their people.

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 09:11:04 AM »
Perhaps, Paul was an undercover Other?

Hmmm. This got my mind spinning. Forgive me if I'm rehashing exactly what someone else has said.

What if Paul was an undercover other, and Amy found out? Paul was there to blend in, like Ethan was to the Losties. So he blended in with Amy. But she found out. She said they should take a picnic. When they get out to the picnic, she pulls a gun and confronts Paul. They argue and she shoots him. Hearing the gunshots the 2 Others come running. That's when our Losties arrive. They see 2 Others with guns on a DI woman, whose husband and apparent fellow Dharmite is dead on the ground, and she has a bag on her head. Sawyer and Juliet take out the Others, and Amy has gotten away. Then from there Amy leads them back through the sonic fence, the Losties tell their story, and Amy doesn't tell anyone anything different, because for some reason she's keeping Paul's true identity a secret.

As I said, my mind got spinning. If it doesn't make sense, sorry about that. It's late.

This actually makes a lot of sense.  I think like most things in Lost we'll come to find out that scene wasn't what we thought it was and I tend to agree I don't think the Others killed Paul.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 09:18:37 PM »
I think Amy's an undercover Other too.

So, both Amy and Paul were undercover Others and after she shot Paul, the two thug-like Others were going to take her back to face trial, like Juliet did.

Offline Chuckie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 08:22:46 PM »
I think Amy's an undercover Other too.

So, both Amy and Paul were undercover Others and after she shot Paul, the two thug-like Others were going to take her back to face trial, like Juliet did.

This makes a lot of sense as well. And I thought of this, but I can't figure out what would set Amy on the path to killing Paul, if they were both Others. Not to say it didn't happen, this way. In fact, I would guess this is the truth. I just liked the "Why wouldn't Amy tell everyone he was an Other?" loose end better than the "Why did OtherAmy shoot OtherPaul?"

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 03:48:03 PM »
In fact, I would guess this is the truth. I just liked the "Why wouldn't Amy tell everyone he was an Other?" loose end better than the "Why did OtherAmy shoot OtherPaul?"

The reason why Amy wouldn't tell everybody that her dead husband was an undercover Other, would be to not raise the finger of suspicion against herself.

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 10:29:09 PM »
Great idea.  Ben was a double agent as well as he lived in Dharma land but worked with Richard to eventually kill off his friends as well as dear old Dad.
I always thought it odd that Richard insisted that Dharma had broken the truce when in reality Richard's men apparently killed Paul and were about to shoot Amy.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 11:20:11 PM »
i like this idea :D

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 06:51:11 AM »
Great idea.  Ben was a double agent as well as he lived in Dharma land but worked with Richard to eventually kill off his friends as well as dear old Dad.

Undercover Others may have been behind the strange video in Room 23. It might have started off as a fairly innocuous DHARMA training film, until it was amended by persons unknown over the years, becoming the freakathon it is now.

The only other time we know of someone editing DHARMA films, was when Kelvin told Desmond that Radzinsky had cut the Swan Orientation film. So... I think that Radzinsky was also an undercover Other (and possibly an alias of Sam Toomey - but that's another topic really).

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »
To steer this back toward the original post...

I think burying the bodies IS significant because of what happens (or doesn't happen) afterward.  I'm not sure what that is, but Amy did NOT say "We've got to hide the bodies".

I'm almost certain that the reason Alpert wanted the bodies back was to hold an Others funeral...

...which is about as different from burying as you can get.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2009, 08:04:26 PM »
I'm almost certain that the reason Alpert wanted the bodies back was to hold an Others funeral...

...which is about as different from burying as you can get.

Are you including Paul along with the two thug-like Others?

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 12:04:16 PM »

Are you including Paul along with the two thug-like Others?

I believe Alpert wanted Paul's body (and those of the two thugs) so that he could control what happened to their "spirit" (for lack of a better term).  I'm not sure what he'll do with them or which of the three he'd want to come back to life (if that would even happen).  Maybe he can get information from Paul using a Miles-like gifted Hostile.

But, I'm pretty sure that burying a body on The Island prevents the person from coming back.