Author Topic: When is Charles Widmore in charge?  (Read 8113 times)

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: When is Charles Widmore in charge?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 10:04:33 PM »
I've been thinking that too! I'm not the only crazy one, you all saw it!

It's the truce. It makes no sense.

Within hours of Locke & co being time-skipped into 1954, the Others set upon them with flaming arrows.

The DHARMA Initiative have made hatches; built an entire village; burrowed into the ground... To do this, a deal must have been brokered at some point - but by whom and what is each side getting out of the deal?

There must be one or more people with a foot in both camps.

Spot on, Mango. There are other things too, but my mind seems to not want to work that hard today, so I can't remember them.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 10:42:03 PM »
Spot on, Mango. There are other things too, but my mind seems to not want to work that hard today, so I can't remember them.

I'm so tired, that when I saw the title of this thread again, I started thinking of Scott Baio. lol

Offline Gar O Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 10:45:42 PM »
ROFLMAO! Nice!

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 08:30:35 AM »
ROFLMAO! Nice!

I used to love that show. I wanted Charles to be in charge of me. lol

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 09:05:30 AM »
I still don't think Widmore necessarily needs to be present in order to be the leader. Generals command their armies from outside the battlefield all the time. Maybe Widmore was the CEO of the DI or something, not necessarily the on-island leader.

Do we know where Penny was born?  I've always thought she wasn't born on the island and this would make sense if Widmore was the leader but not the on-island leader or . . . at that time and during those years you could come and go more easily - and so he had a life off the island as well.

Also do we know what year, or around what year, she was born? 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 02:09:16 PM by Mommainternet »

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2009, 09:09:18 PM »
I've always thought she wasn't born on the island and this would make sense if Widmore was the leader but not the on-island leader or . . . at that time and during those years you could come and go more easily - and so he had a life off the island as well.

From 'Meet Kevin Johnson':
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Meet_Kevin_Johnson_transcript

TOM: Don't make it to the mainland too often--

[The door shuts behind Arturo.]

TOM: --so when I do, I like to indulge myself.

[Tom bites into a luscious grape.]

MICHAEL: So you people can just... come and go?

TOM: Some of us. You want a drink?

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
What if Future Ben kicked Widmore out?
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 12:01:20 AM »
We all assume that Ben kicked Widmore out in the '90s, after the purge, but that would be almost impossible. How could Wid have time to build a financial empire in such a short time? And what about Penny? I don't think she was born on the island, she would have said something about it to Desmond. I also don't think she's adopted.

So Ben must have kicked Wid out before the purge? But how could he do that? He is just a kid in the 70s and just a workman in the 80s. but what if, and this is a big if, what if FUTURE Ben tricked young Widmore in 1977 into turning the wheel? We all assume Ben is in 2008 but maybe they're in 1977 too, but on a different part of the island, or maybe Ben manages to go back in time somehow.

I think this is the only reasonable explanation. 40 year old Ben takes advantage of the time travel to kick widmore out in 1974. Widmore has time to become a successful business man, and thinking that he'll never get back to the island, he has a kid (maybe with Mrs. Hawking, maybe not) - Penny. If we assume this, it means that Widmore has nothing to do with the original Dharma Initiative.

Does it make sense or not?

Offline Gar O Mac

• View Profile
Re: What if Future Ben kicked Widmore out?
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 03:44:38 AM »
We all assume that Ben kicked Widmore out in the '90s, after the purge, but that would be almost impossible. How could Wid have time to build a financial empire in such a short time? And what about Penny? I don't think she was born on the island, she would have said something about it to Desmond. I also don't think she's adopted.

So Ben must have kicked Wid out before the purge? But how could he do that? He is just a kid in the 70s and just a workman in the 80s. but what if, and this is a big if, what if FUTURE Ben tricked young Widmore in 1977 into turning the wheel? We all assume Ben is in 2008 but maybe they're in 1977 too, but on a different part of the island, or maybe Ben manages to go back in time somehow.

I think this is the only reasonable explanation. 40 year old Ben takes advantage of the time travel to kick widmore out in 1974. Widmore has time to become a successful business man, and thinking that he'll never get back to the island, he has a kid (maybe with Mrs. Hawking, maybe not) - Penny. If we assume this, it means that Widmore has nothing to do with the original Dharma Initiative.

Does it make sense or not?

Makes darn good since to me. And it's as logical as a whacked out theory about time travel can be!  ;D

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2009, 04:47:04 AM »
I am confused about widmore in 1974 charles wouldve been atleast 50 because 20 years earlier he was in at least his 30s, that means today hes at least 70 or 80.
I think hes managed to keep his age like richard alpert because in 2007 he looks at leat 40 or 50
Ben was born in at least the 60s, and arrived around the 70s becuse hes around 9 in his flashback, he killed the D.I in his 20s so around 1980 or 1990 making charles at least 40-60 years old.
Its odd, i think we need another ben flash or a widmore flash.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2009, 06:42:33 AM »
I think Widmore doesn't leave alone, but with a group of people,
like Penny, Charlotte and her mother, Mrs. Chang and her kid (Miles?) , Eloise Hawking
(and her son?), Horace's son, maybe Annie and more. All the mothers with
children leave, leaving no children on the island. Daniel (who knows about the incident, Widmore,
the purge etc.) talks them into leaving.
They leave with the dharmawheel releasing the energy from the Orchid and causing
the incident, that causes the inferilityproblems on the island.
The first kid to be born on the island after the incident will be Alex in 1988 and later Aaron in 2004.

When they leave they jump 10 years forward in time. That's why Charlotte was said to be born in 1979
and why Widmore doesn't look like 70.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2009, 12:23:01 PM »
I think Widmore doesn't leave alone, but with a group of people,
like Penny, Charlotte and her mother, Mrs. Chang and her kid (Miles?) , Eloise Hawking
(and her son?), Horace's son, maybe Annie and more. All the mothers with
children leave, leaving no children on the island. Daniel (who knows about the incident, Widmore,
the purge etc.) talks them into leaving.
They leave with the dharmawheel releasing the energy from the Orchid and causing
the incident, that causes the inferilityproblems on the island.
The first kid to be born on the island after the incident will be Alex in 1988 and later Aaron in 2004.

When they leave they jump 10 years forward in time. That's why Charlotte was said to be born in 1979
and why Widmore doesn't look like 70.

This is a very good theory and it definately explains Charlotte's age. But I think Ben (and not Daniel) had something to do with the bunch leaving. Good catch with Miles too. Maybe even Lapidus (since all the other freighties are apparently linked to the island. Maybe Ben told them to leave. But why would Widmore leave?

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2009, 12:49:10 PM »
I am confused about widmore in 1974 charles wouldve been atleast 50 because 20 years earlier he was in at least his 30s, that means today hes at least 70 or 80.
I think hes managed to keep his age like richard alpert because in 2007 he looks at leat 40 or 50
Ben was born in at least the 60s, and arrived around the 70s becuse hes around 9 in his flashback, he killed the D.I in his 20s so around 1980 or 1990 making charles at least 40-60 years old.
Its odd, i think we need another ben flash or a widmore flash.

In 1954 (which is the time 20 years before that Sawyer references), Widmore is 17, not "at least in his 30's." He himself says to Locke, "I was 17 when you walked into my camp." 17.

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2009, 03:10:42 AM »
I'm so tired, that when I saw the title of this thread again, I started thinking of Scott Baio. lol

I was reading through this topic and I thought no one was going to bring that up.  You rock!

I'm so glad you didn't say "confirmed" here! I've read so many postings lately where people say one thing or another is "confirmed" when it isn't, I just want to shake people. Or retreat to the Tea Party and munch on scones until I'm over it.

Mmmm... tea and scones.  I love this thread!

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2009, 09:39:31 AM »
I've been thinking that too! I'm not the only crazy one, you all saw it!

It's the truce. It makes no sense.

Within hours of Locke & co being time-skipped into 1954, the Others set upon them with flaming arrows.

The DHARMA Initiative have made hatches; built an entire village; burrowed into the ground... To do this, a deal must have been brokered at some point - but by whom and what is each side getting out of the deal?

There must be one or more people with a foot in both camps.

Are we saying it is confirmed that it was the others who shot the flaming arrows? I was under the impression we still didnt know exactly who that was.