Author Topic: A new theory on the Statue, plus more Egyptian connections  (Read 7339 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: A new theory on the Statue, plus more Egyptian connections
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 04:53:18 PM »
I'm curious (as others are as well I'm sure) as to why Ben is so concerned with the reproductive aspect of the women on the island. Perhaps it has something to do with his Mom dying at childbirth, or something involving Annie?? This seems to stick out to me more than most other issues. I was thinking that it might be something ambiguous, like the island/Jacob told him to resolve an issue that relates to him and the island, and he incorrectly assumed it was the women dying during childbirth.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 05:05:02 PM »
I like that idea, Bob...makes sense. At this point I like anything that makes sense, lol! My standards have definitely been lowered! :D

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 06:32:50 PM »
i think broadened would be a better word in my case haha

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 07:57:49 PM »
This is a great theory.  I can't believe that I missed those initials!  Especially when I was saying back in season 3 that characters like Richard, Ben and Widmore were possibly gods.  I have been an advocate of Widmore being a god similar to Poseidon, because of the similarities with him and Desmond in the story of Homer's Odyssey.  Finally people are starting to come around to the god theories!

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 08:50:30 AM »
This is a great theory.  I can't believe that I missed those initials!  Especially when I was saying back in season 3 that characters like Richard, Ben and Widmore were possibly gods.  I have been an advocate of Widmore being a god similar to Poseidon, because of the similarities with him and Desmond in the story of Homer's Odyssey.  Finally people are starting to come around to the god theories!

I never thought of that but you're right, Widmore and Desmond's story is similar to Homer's Odyssey. How cool! But which god could you compare Ben to?

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 07:12:02 PM »

I never thought of that but you're right, Widmore and Desmond's story is similar to Homer's Odyssey. How cool! But which god could you compare Ben to?

I don't know exacly what kind of god Ben would be, but I put him in that catigory because of what Widmore said to him when they had their talk in the middle of the night.  Widmore said "I know what you are" Not who, but what.  I think that may mean that he knows that Ben, too, is some kind of god.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 07:16:02 PM »
Would it be inappropriate to say that Richard and Ben are kinda already my gods? LOL!

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 09:08:10 AM »

I don't know exacly what kind of god Ben would be, but I put him in that catigory because of what Widmore said to him when they had their talk in the middle of the night.  Widmore said "I know what you are" Not who, but what.  I think that may mean that he knows that Ben, too, is some kind of god.

Interesting...