Author Topic: Charlotte Should not be born yet.  (Read 19354 times)

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte Should not be born yet.
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2009, 09:16:10 AM »
Charlotte will show up again. Her body is gone, like Christian's, Yemi's and Charlie's.
I don't think it's like them.  They flashed to a different time.. Charlotte's body did not.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2009, 09:37:32 PM »
I think everyone is reading too much into the body of Charlotte thing, they simply probably didn't want to pay Rebecca Mader to play dead for a scene, so they added a line of dialog to explain it in the universe.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2009, 10:16:17 AM »
Here is the official explanation about the age discrepancy. The producers now admit it is their fault.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/lost-exclusive.html

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2009, 01:32:30 PM »
Sooooo, I guess "dead thread doesn't mean dead thread".

LOL, you see what I did there?? I took the title of an upcoming episode of LOST (A show we all enjoy), and made it relevant to the topic at hand, While simultaneously tying it into a comment I made earlier in the thread. Man, that was some good old fashioned humor.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2009, 01:39:56 PM »

LOL, you see what I did there?? I took the title of an upcoming episode of LOST (A show we all enjoy), and made it relevant to the topic at hand, While simultaneously tying it into a comment I made earlier in the thread. Man, that was some good old fashioned humor.
Enhanced only by your need to break it down for us like that. ;) ;D

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2009, 03:40:10 PM »
So then "what happened isn't what happened" ?!  lol  ;)

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2009, 04:28:49 PM »

omg....rofl...

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2009, 04:37:09 PM »

I figured it would be such an in joke, I would have to. LOL

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2009, 04:38:37 PM »

I figured it would be such an in joke, I would have to. LOL

I would appreciate it if you broke down a joke every now-and-again, just so we can remember this. lol

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2009, 06:52:12 PM »
Wow! I can't believe this soap opera -ish stuff going on over this! lol thanks for that Hyper

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2009, 07:14:37 PM »
lol wow.....draaaaaaammmmmmaaaa....

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2009, 07:15:40 PM »
Is it safe to say we wont be seeing the older charlotte on the show anymore? ! lol

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Charlotte's real age!
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2009, 09:30:46 PM »
Breaking news on the whole Charlotte's age controversy. http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/lost-exclusive.html

I was not sure where to post this and I did not want people to miss it so I started a new topic. Now we just need them to clear up Ethan's age. Actually until I read this I was starting to think the two were related and connected with some time travel thing happening  ::)
>>>

'Lost' exclusive: War erupts over Charlotte's real age!

Mar 23, 2009, 09:34 PM | by Michael Ausiello

Categories: Lost

Rebeccamader_lAn ugly dispute between Rebecca Mader and her former Lost bosses over the correct age of her late character, Charlotte, appears to have been settled. Thanks, in part, to, well, me.

But first, let's flash back to the most recent Lost podcast, during which exec producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse -- in attempting to explain how Faraday could have seen a young Charlotte in 1974 when she wasn't born until 1979 -- alleged that Mader changed the age of her character from 28 to 37 in an earlier script "because she did not really want to brand herself as 37, which is what she would have had to been had we stuck to the initial script."

Mader fired back on her Facebook page, accusing Team Darlton of throwing her under the bus. "The timeline error was their mistake," she harrumphed, "and they are making it out to be my fault. Not cool."

Reached for comment this evening, D&C now concede that they got their facts wrong. "Rebecca is absolutely right and we apologize to both her and the entire fan community for screwing up the story," the pair said in a joint email. "By way of explanation, here's what happened:

There were a gazillion questions about the timeline discrepancy in that young Charlotte clearly exists in 1974, but wasn't supposed to be born until 1979, per a single line of dialogue courtesy of Ben back in episode #402. When we inquired as to how this happened, the intel came back that we used Rebecca Mader's birthday, July 2, 1979 because she was actually eight years YOUNGER than the character as originally conceived/scripted. We misremembered this as having come from Rebecca herself on the set, but in fact, it came several days earlier when our continuity expert Gregg Nations pointed it out and suggested using Rebecca's actual birthday for Charlotte. And so, the mistake was OURS. Rebecca's production draft DID have the date as being 1979.

Our first mistake was the timeline gaffe, but the much more significant one was wrapping Rebecca up in this when she had nothing to do with it. Not her fault on any level. It was our bad. One hundred percent. We will say as much in a very special "Eating Crow" edition of our Podcast tomorrow. Speaking of which, what a wonderful world we live in where we can make a comment in a Podcast that triggers a response on someone's Facebook page and that triggers a mea culpa on someone else's blog. Ah, technology."

I'm glad that's settled.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte's real age!
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2009, 09:44:37 PM »
Good to know.