Author Topic: THE ONES JULIET SHOT AT WHILE SHIFTING  (Read 1657 times)

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
THE ONES JULIET SHOT AT WHILE SHIFTING
« on: March 05, 2009, 11:45:26 AM »
I dont know if this has been discussed yet, but when I saw the boats on the hydra Island that Locke asked Illana if tehy were their's,

It made me think that those are the people Juliet was shooting at just before they flashed into the storm, the survivors of ajira 316.

The question I have is why would they shoot at juliet/sawyer/locke first? they must have been provoked earlier by some others in a canoe?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: THE ONES JULIET SHOT AT WHILE SHIFTING
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 01:05:16 PM »
Maybe they were comprimised by Smokey like Danielle's team, and they just thought that Locke/Juliette/Sawyer/etc were some of their people trying to escape. Or, someone was trying to steal their boat, and they don't deal with thieves very well.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 01:09:46 PM »
Ceasar and Illana are Widmore people tracking the O6.  They shoot first and ask questions later.  Might have shot using the gun he took that was taped under the desk.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 02:05:31 PM »
Ceasar and Illana are Widmore people tracking the O6.  They shoot first and ask questions later.  Might have shot using the gun he took that was taped under the desk.

couldn't have been, the anonymous boat was firing at them with what was clearly a rifle of sorts, the gun ceasar found was a sawed off shotgun.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 02:07:27 PM »
I think there are already threads on this topic...

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 02:08:12 PM »

couldn't have been, the anonymous boat was firing at them with what was clearly a rifle of sorts, the gun ceasar found was a sawed off shotgun.
Which could easily be attributed to a prop error.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 04:30:32 PM »

I beleive they showed some in illana/cesar's group had rifles,

Am I mistaken?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 04:36:15 PM »

I beleive they showed some in illana/cesar's group had rifles,

Am I mistaken?

I don't remember that, but that doesn't mean they didn't.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 04:40:55 PM »
I dont know if this has been discussed yet, but when I saw the boats on the hydra Island that Locke asked Illana if tehy were their's,

It made me think that those are the people Juliet was shooting at just before they flashed into the storm, the survivors of ajira 316.

The question I have is why would they shoot at juliet/sawyer/locke first? they must have been provoked earlier by some others in a canoe?

AND......
the boat that Locke/juliet and others were on when they shot back was the same boat that lapidus and sun took from the other island.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 08:12:01 PM »
the boat that Locke/juliet and others were on when they shot back was the same boat that lapidus and sun took from the other island.

Ilana told Locke there were 3 boats and the pilot and woman took one of them (presumably to go to the main island).  There were 2 boats on the Hydra island when Locke was talking to Ilana.  The time-jumpers saw 2 boats plus the Ajira Airways water bottle on the main island near their deserted camp.  They took one and whomever started chasing and shooting at them was presumably in the other.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 10:41:36 PM »
the ajira bottle was very old looking though, so who knows was on the island at that point.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 09:39:32 PM »
Water bottles can look old very quickly if they are exposed to a lot of dirt.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 11:07:36 PM »
that's true