Author Topic: What Richard Said About the Fence  (Read 17271 times)

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic fences no deterant???
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2009, 09:35:04 PM »
Yes, something must have happened to make the "Hostiles" accept the DI onto their island. I mean, the U.S. Military set up there, and they got cut down. Richard said they gave them the option to leave peacefully, and when they didn't, they killed all of them. Looks like the DI is setting up for the long run, and yet the Hostiles let them stay. I would love to hear what Richard/Other Leader got in return! Maybe everybody's first born children...LOL!
They get all the dead bodies!

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2009, 10:20:58 PM »
Looks like the DI is setting up for the long run, and yet the Hostiles let them stay. I would love to hear what Richard/Other Leader got in return! Maybe everybody's first born children...LOL!

lol

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2009, 10:23:58 PM »
Looks like the DI is setting up for the long run, and yet the Hostiles let them stay. I would love to hear what Richard/Other Leader got in return! Maybe everybody's first born children...LOL!

lol

Ew! lol...

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2009, 12:12:16 AM »
When Mikhail got microwaved, Kate (or Locke or Sayid) said that he was dead. They checked his pulse. So it seems like "practically fried" is an accurate way to describe him. Especially all frothy-at-the-mouth and ear-bleedy? I'd call it. It may have been a "non-lethal" setting, as Mikhail says to Ben, but this is the guy who's been shot, microwaved, and harpooned, and still lived to blow up Charlie, so I'm not sure that "non-lethal" means the same to Mikhail as it would to say, any of us.

Richard doesn't age. We haven't seen any other people who don't age. I'd say that sets him a little bit apart from the other Others. Ben knew this when he made the birthday remark to him.

I find the remark "our agreement keeps us out" very interesting. MB, weren't you saying in another thread that there had to be some rapport between the two camps, Dharma and Hostiles, in order to set up the agreement in the first place? That could fit into this.
 ;)

good ol' mrs alpert thank u.. i wanted to push those ideas but didnt want to be more of a dick than i already started out 2b.. i am Bad Robot anyway lol ....

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2009, 12:13:40 AM »
Yes, something must have happened to make the "Hostiles" accept the DI onto their island. I mean, the U.S. Military set up there, and they got cut down. Richard said they gave them the option to leave peacefully, and when they didn't, they killed all of them. Looks like the DI is setting up for the long run, and yet the Hostiles let them stay. I would love to hear what Richard/Other Leader got in return! Maybe everybody's first born children...LOL!

possible or something clise i bet...

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2009, 12:15:30 AM »

bwhich wud make sense.. maybe... towards the idea that widmore n ben r in it together... or ben put the fake 815 with the bodies... ??

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2009, 12:38:11 AM »
good ol' mrs alpert thank u.. i wanted to push those ideas but didnt want to be more of a dick than i already started out 2b.. i am Bad Robot anyway lol ....

Ha...well, I have a lot of experience arguing with people. There's one friend of mine I always argue with, and after hours and hours, we realize that we were both arguing for the same thing, but using different words/metaphors, so thought the other was trying to argue, and it's a big mess. I thought that was what was happening here, so I bust out my mad diplomacy skillz.

Besides, we're all here for the same purpose. For love of Lost, and to gain understanding through discourse. And sometimes to post things in threads like "In Bed" and Unofficial fan sites of various actors/actresses.   ::)

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: What Richard Said About the Fence
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2009, 08:21:34 AM »
Shakey where is that , i'd like to read it. I just think they had to go back  because they all know about the island. but i'm sure it's much more complicated than that! lol

I think this is Shakey's theory about the O6 returning...

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=8909.msg507411#msg507411

Basically, they're saying that the O6-1 didn't need to return, only Locke did. However, the O6-1 were necessary to facilitate Locke's return.

Forgive me if I'm interpreting it incorrectly, Shakey.
Nope.. that's what I'm saying.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2009, 08:23:16 AM »

I wondered where you'd disappeared to!

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 10, 2009, 08:29:34 AM »

I wondered where you'd disappeared to!
I figured the longer I stayed off the board, the longer it'd take for me to discover the flaws in some things I've said.  Never has a show made so many people so wrong on so many fronts.  It's almost like if you don't really reach on a theory, you're probably going to be wrong. :D

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2009, 08:33:16 AM »
Never has a show made so many people so wrong on so many fronts.  It's almost like if you don't really reach on a theory, you're probably going to be wrong. :D

Oh. I only do a cursory search on my facts before posting. Even when you're 100% right, people will shout you down as being wrong!!! So, I always post the first thing that pops into my head. Sometimes I don't even believe my own theories. lol

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2009, 08:39:56 AM »
Never has a show made so many people so wrong on so many fronts.  It's almost like if you don't really reach on a theory, you're probably going to be wrong. :D

Oh. I only do a cursory search on my facts before posting. Even when you're 100% right, people will shout you down as being wrong!!! So, I always post the first thing that pops into my head. Sometimes I don't even believe my own theories. lol
I hear that.  I've made a few posts where I state my theory... then disprove it before I finish the post.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 10, 2009, 12:44:16 PM »
Well the sonic fences practically fried Mikhail when he was pushed into it (although it apparently didn't kill him) - so Richard may have been fibbing.

It may well be that the sonic fences don't affect Richard. We already know that he's different to the other Others, due to Ben remarking that he doesn't have birthdays.

i can see ur point.. as flawed as it is but good try... well when Mikhail went through the fence it was set on a non lethal setting... but back then in the DI hay day i think theyd always have it on high level especially at night. also ben never remarked to richard or anyone that they didnt have birthdays... what Ben said in the episode "Man behind the curtain" was " RICHARD: Whats that?.... BEN:  "It was a birthday girft, and today just so happens to be mine. you do remember birthdays dont you richard." implies that he once had birthdays but since he is so allegedly old that he doesnt celebrate them anymore.

even your retort is flawed... yes there was  smoke and blood and foam coming out of every hole in his head... but he saod to ben ... it was set on a non lethal setting...  and when you just said you know to what i said... that contradicts what you just said... im not trying to start fights or bad blood here.. just trying to inform the less informed with my vast knowlege of LOST... dont worry youll understand it someeday.

Man, thems fightin' words where I comes from. You gonna to take that Mango?? He just called you a B!%@H in front of all of us!!

I'm taking all bets people. LOL

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2009, 12:54:27 PM »
He just called you a B!%@H in front of all of us!!
That's what he did alright.. I saw it.  I'd hate to see you start getting called Mitcho.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2009, 01:00:12 PM »
He just called you a B!%@H in front of all of us!!
That's what he did alright.. I saw it.  I'd hate to see you start getting called Mitcho.

MITCHELL!! Oh, You said Mitcho, sorry, MST3K flashback.