Author Topic: What Richard Said About the Fence  (Read 15826 times)

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
What Richard Said About the Fence
« on: March 05, 2009, 03:26:57 AM »
When he came into the camp he said, your fence can't stop us or something to that effect.
Thoughts?

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
What Richard Said About the Fence
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 03:28:51 AM »
Paraphrasing here, but Richard said something like, "That [fence] may keep some things out, but not us."

So...wtf? Is he insinuating that he and the Others can walk through a microwave fence without getting hurt? Or is he saying that they're smart like Kate/Locke/Sayid and chopped down a tree to shimmy over the fence?

It sounded more mysterious than the practical tree-bridge that we saw before. Add that to the fact that he doesn't age, that he only has like, 3 outfits (but he keeps wearing that same damn dark shirt), and that he never seems surprised when people tell him the weirdest crap...??

Maybe the Others are all already dead...maybe they dug a tunnel under the fence...maybe they beat the code out of a lost Dharmite...

but that's still a weird thing for him to say, right?

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Richard walked right through the sonic fence
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 03:29:41 AM »
Dang it hyperform, you beat me by like, 2 minutes!

Don't take this the wrong way but, can we merge our threads? LOL!!

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: What Richard Said About the Fence
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 03:31:03 AM »
Yeah, Richard was kind of spooky this episode which is the Richard I like.  Sometimes the Others seem like regular people and sometimes they seem like creepy ghosts.

Offline Chuckie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 03:35:01 AM »
Paraphrasing here, but Richard said something like, "That [fence] may keep some things out, but not us."

So...wtf? Is he insinuating that he and the Others can walk through a microwave fence without getting hurt? Or is he saying that they're smart like Kate/Locke/Sayid and chopped down a tree to shimmy over the fence?

It sounded more mysterious than the practical tree-bridge that we saw before. Add that to the fact that he doesn't age, that he only has like, 3 outfits (but he keeps wearing that same damn dark shirt), and that he never seems surprised when people tell him the weirdest crap...??

Maybe the Others are all already dead...maybe they dug a tunnel under the fence...maybe they beat the code out of a lost Dharmite...

but that's still a weird thing for him to say, right?

When Amy walked through the fence when our Losties came back to Dharma Headquarters she put in earplugs. She grabbed them out of the box with the security keypad on it, and then after Sayid/Miles/Juliet/Jin walked through it, she took them out. And when we saw Mikhail go through the fence, his ears bled.

Also, as far as keeping some things out, I think they specifically meant Smokie. Just my theory.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 03:35:56 AM »
I think that there is a tunnel.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 03:37:17 AM »
So maybe Richard/Others found the earplugs, or found a tunnel? I could buy that.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 03:41:59 AM »
Or climbed over the fence with a tree?  The Dharma fence seems so laughably ineffective now that anything is possible.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 03:45:15 AM »
Still...he kind of said it like what he meant to say was, "Hahaha! You silly mortal! You thought a microwave fence would deflect the likes of my godliness?!?!"...even though all he did was scoff and shrug... :)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 03:47:43 AM »
Yeah, that would be cool, but Richard had to ruin it by saying that the fence can't stop "us" as in all Others and as we've seen, a lot of Others are pretty much like disorderly pirates.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 03:49:26 AM »
i think you and i need to do a vulcan mind meld or something like that

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 03:51:07 AM »
now why is everyone posting in this thread when mine was up first.

*pouts*

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 03:51:44 AM »
Still...he kind of said it like what he meant to say was, "Hahaha! You silly mortal! You thought a microwave fence would deflect the likes of my godliness?!?!"...even though all he did was scoff and shrug... :)

That's how I took it to Mrs Alpert.
My question is how come Juliet didn't know about the ear plugs?  and I was waiting for Juliet to tell the woman not to try and put in the emergency code to silently alert them (dharma) that there were intruders. I know they were trying to keep a low profile that they were there before but I am surprised Juliet wasn't a little smarter than that, and she was tricked.

Oooo sorry hyperform. They'll be merged and then we can all post in yours.  ;) :)

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 03:53:35 AM »
I'm afraid my brain'd fry yours tonight. Could be dangerous.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 03:53:40 AM »
I'm disappointed I wasn't smarter than that either and didn't think about earplugs on my own.