Author Topic: Sawyer and Juliet  (Read 25929 times)

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Sawyer and Juliet
« on: March 05, 2009, 12:21:12 AM »
Now I figured they were going to throw Saywer and Juliet together and I wasn't sure I liked the idea but after watching tonight's episode I have to say I really do like them together.  Their relationship shows a certain maturity to it than the ones they "had" with Kate and Jack.  Being together for 3 years gave them an opportunity to really grow to love each other and you saw that in the tenderness in the scenes.  As much as I was a Sawyer-Kate fan I kind of want Saywer to stay with Juliet now that Kate's back.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Sawyer and Juliet
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 12:26:02 AM »
So, you want to Ben to try to Kill James out of jealousy?

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 12:27:25 AM »
What I really loved about what we saw tonight was that Sawyer seemed like he was all grown up.  He showed that he has matured and grown as a character more than any of our original castaways.  Could you ever imagine him in a serious relationship like that?  He told her Juliet that he loved her!!  And he did it almost matter-of-factly, as if this has been serious for a while!

On top of that, he was acting like such a leader tonight - taking control of the situation when they first realized they were stuck in the 70's, becoming a security boss for Dharma, having a strong relationship with Goodspeed and actually was giving him advice and offering wisdom.  We saw some serious character growth tonight.

Offline firemanandlostfan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 12:29:49 AM »
Best episode ever I think!  Sawyer was amazing in this episode

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 12:30:32 AM »
So, you want to Ben to try to Kill James out of jealousy?

NOOOOO

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 12:31:47 AM »
What I really loved about what we saw tonight was that Sawyer seemed like he was all grown up.  He showed that he has matured and grown as a character more than any of our original castaways.  Could you ever imagine him in a serious relationship like that?  He told her Juliet that he loved her!!  And he did it almost matter-of-factly, as if this has been serious for a while!

On top of that, he was acting like such a leader tonight - taking control of the situation when they first realized they were stuck in the 70's, becoming a security boss for Dharma, having a strong relationship with Goodspeed and actually was giving him advice and offering wisdom.  We saw some serious character growth tonight.

yea thats what i mean hes a in a grownup real relationship probably for the first time in his life... have to say made him even more sexier if that was possible... just wish his hair looked better lol

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 12:32:31 AM »
Yeah, I think he's better off with Juliet.  I hope Kate makes a pass at him and he says "get off me, whore!"  I made a joke about how Sawyer would kill Jack and them to keep their secret since he's basically been with Dharma and Juliet and Jin and them for 3 years, way longer than he ever even knew Kate and Jack and Hurley and anyone else.

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 12:36:38 AM »
I am so ready to see the scene where Juliette and Kate
meet again after 3 yrs.

AAAWWWWKKKKWWWAAARRRDDDD!!!

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 01:06:49 AM »

This is dead on.  I remember last season a comment that Sawyer's character was all played out.  I'm glad they found a new direction for James.  And who would've thought that such a touching episode would revolve around the maturation of Sawyer?

I'm also glad for Juliet.  A cruel ex-husband, a married man, then a man using her to provoke jealousy in his true love... it's about time she had someone who could focus on her.  Let's hope that James show his nobility and doesn't become conflicted by the return of Freckles.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 02:34:03 AM »
as long as they dont muddy the waters too much with the return of Kate, I think I have a new relationship to actually give a crap about besides Penny and Des, I really like the two of them together, whatever differences they have seem to offset them in the other. Plus I still believe that Kate is carrying Jack's child.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 03:07:01 AM »
I never thought Sawyer was played out.  I always new this was the natural direction for his character.  In fact, I expected it ever since the first season.  Let's see if Jack tries to take Sawyer's crown away like last time (season 3?)

Offline Chuckie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 03:15:37 AM »

just wish his hair looked better lol

My irl LOST buddy said he looked like Sawyer Hanson. I decided the problem with his hair is 70's hair products. Especially the kind that come in black and white generic jugs that read "DHARMA HAIR PRODUCT"

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 03:35:55 AM »
I was just telling KoKo that the DI spends all this money on time-traveling bunnies, but forgets to budget in a decent hairdresser. Oh, well. If Sawyer wanted a snazzy haircut he should have joined Team Other. Richard could have pointed him in the right direction.

As for Juliet/Sawyer... I just didn't feel any chemistry. Even when they told each other, "I love you"...it was...stale. Poor Koko had a stronger reaction, though. I'm sure she'll be on here tomorrow.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 03:40:02 AM »
Nah, I'm a guy and I don't care about the romance crap, but I thought Sawyer and Juliet's relationship was a lot more believable than Jack and Kate ever was.  Maybe because they let us fill in the blanks between those three years ourselves.  Juliet always seems a bit hesitant about being all affectionate but Sawyer's feelings for her were pretty evident and well-portrayed.  Josh Holloway continues to excel on this show.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 04:41:59 AM »
I was just telling KoKo that the DI spends all this money on time-traveling bunnies, but forgets to budget in a decent hairdresser. Oh, well. If Sawyer wanted a snazzy haircut he should have joined Team Other. Richard could have pointed him in the right direction.

As for Juliet/Sawyer... I just didn't feel any chemistry. Even when they told each other, "I love you"...it was...stale. Poor Koko had a stronger reaction, though. I'm sure she'll be on here tomorrow.

KoKo will be ALL OVER this thread with her opinions!  :D
I'm in a total agreement with the lack of chemistry--just doesn't sit right....

Plus....I STILL don't trust Juliet at all.