Author Topic: Sawyer and Juliet  (Read 25910 times)

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Sawyer and Juliet
« Reply #270 on: March 22, 2009, 12:18:26 AM »
It looked more to me like he was looking at her like "I know what you are thinking, and I'm sorry but I'm with her now", the kind of way you look at an still friends ex girlfriend who clearly still wants to get with you, but you are with someone else.

Seemed kinda wistful to me. Well, I guess we'll find out soon!

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 22, 2009, 02:59:44 PM »
KoKo, I'm sorry, but Juliet is growing on me...ug. As much as I dislike the secretive/catty Juliet of Others fame, I really do like the open person she seems to be becoming again. When she was talking to Amy, she was using similar hand gestures and genuinely smiling like she did around her sister back in Miami. Her expressions are much more...well, open and genuine, I think. She was more likable in this episode than the last, for sure.  And coming in at the very last minute to save Kate from Suspicious Phil? I think any woman would have done the same, lol.

Still not convinced she and Sawyer should be together, but at least they seemed to interact like a real couple in Namaste. It didn't feel as forced and awkward as in LaFleur.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 26, 2009, 02:20:04 PM »
KoKo, I'm sorry, but Juliet is growing on me...ug. As much as I dislike the secretive/catty Juliet of Others fame, I really do like the open person she seems to be becoming again. When she was talking to Amy, she was using similar hand gestures and genuinely smiling like she did around her sister back in Miami. Her expressions are much more...well, open and genuine, I think. She was more likable in this episode than the last, for sure.  And coming in at the very last minute to save Kate from Suspicious Phil? I think any woman would have done the same, lol.

Still not convinced she and Sawyer should be together, but at least they seemed to interact like a real couple in Namaste. It didn't feel as forced and awkward as in LaFleur.

LOL! It's okay Mrs. A.   For some reason this week, I felt more used to the Sawyer/Juliette thing.  Dang woman is growing on me too. As you said, she is seemingly more geniune.  I never really had anything against her personally to begin with. In fact, I really liked her character but I liked her with Jack.  I thought, finally, a good match for the guy. I think that's why I was so bummed out at the twist of relationships going awry. But I def never was a Jack and Kate fan. In the beginning of the series, yes, but as the show progressed I thought, MISMATCH!

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 26, 2009, 06:34:50 PM »
Yay! two more possibly converting!
I have to admit. when sawyer swam up to Juliette after the freighter blew up and everyone was saying ooh sawyer and Juliette. i was like no way, they are two totally different people it would never happen let alone work, but then when i saw them on the island during the time flashes and how he listened to her and was more respectful to her than anyone else, I thought OK, maybe. anyone but Kate.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2009, 06:38:47 PM »
I have always just felt bad for Juliette, I feel like she was thrust into a really bad situation, and did the best she could. She fell for Jack and that clearly was going no where because of his feelings for Kate, and I felt the same way about Sawyer with the way Kate jerked him around, only using him for sex when she was depressed, knowing that he had feelings for her. So I am very glad that they are together, they deserve each other way more than Kate deserves Sawyer, and Jack Deserves Juliette.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2009, 06:49:13 PM »
I have always just felt bad for Juliette, I feel like she was thrust into a really bad situation, and did the best she could. She fell for Jack and that clearly was going no where because of his feelings for Kate, and I felt the same way about Sawyer with the way Kate jerked him around, only using him for sex when she was depressed, knowing that he had feelings for her. So I am very glad that they are together, they deserve each other way more than Kate deserves Sawyer, and Jack Deserves Juliette.

Well when ya put it that way hyper, I really can understand that! 

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 26, 2009, 08:07:06 PM »

I'm rooting for them to split. My husband is rooting for them to stick together.

It's a wacky world.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2009, 08:17:15 PM »
I have more sympathy for Juliet as a person pre-island. But when she gets all secretive...blah. I'd take flighty Kate over manipulative Juliet any day. Even when Kate's good, she's not very good. Juliet has a little more humanity in her.

I don't think either of them are good for Sawyer, but dang it, nice Juliet is growing on me! Grrr!! Especially what she said to Kate in the motor pool, and how she said it.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2009, 08:45:38 PM »
you are coming around.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 26, 2009, 08:46:59 PM »
I don't want to though! I don't want to be wishy-washy... :-\

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2009, 08:48:09 PM »
it's not wishy washy to realize that you were totally wrong and admit it and come over to the good side ;D

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2009, 08:50:04 PM »
Granted, Juliet seems to be changing, as are all the characters so maybe I can get away with saying that my less-hatred of her is because she's grown the past few episodes.

Generally I go to the side that has cookies, good or bad. I was told the dark side has cookies. Hence, my defense of Ben.  ::)

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2009, 08:51:07 PM »
the cookies side is always the good side.

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 27, 2009, 01:13:30 AM »
fine, I'll give you cookies little girl, it's ok, just come on over to the Juliette and sawyer side, it's reeeally niiiice overrrr heeeear , really nice ;D

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2009, 01:15:16 AM »
And...I think I'll stop reading your posts Mrs H until after I finish eating dinner... LOL!

What kind of cookies are they?