Author Topic: Statue....Who's face is on it?  (Read 12082 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Statue....Who's face is on it?
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2009, 01:08:32 PM »
I think you were joking when you said Wealthy was tough, but in the off chance you weren't, We have Hurley, Sun, Jin (now wealthy), Widmore, etc.

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2009, 01:52:32 AM »
I think you were joking when you said Wealthy was tough, but in the off chance you weren't, We have Hurley, Sun, Jin (now wealthy), Widmore, etc.

I was

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2009, 10:36:24 AM »
It is isis the god of fertility she has 4 toes, maybe the hostiles destroyed it so the d.i could not populate

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2009, 07:41:42 PM »
What make the most sense is

Isis

Isis was a goddess in Ancient Egyptian religious beliefs, whose worship spread throughout the Greco-Roman world. She was worshipped as the ideal mother and wife, patron of nature and magic; friend of slaves, sinners, artisans, the downtrodden, as well as listening to the prayers of the wealthy, maidens, aristocrats and rulers.Isis is the Goddess of motherhood and fertility

I don't know about you but I think this pretty much covers every one.....

From Sun and Clare or Amy and Juliet....Motherhood

Slaves? Workman Linus...the Other troops....Dharma workman.....How about Mikey?

Sinners? Well come on they are all sinners

Downtrodden?  I will pick on (pun intended) Locke....because as much as he might be Achilles (indestructible) he is Job in the real world

Artisans....Charlie...how about Hurley

Wealthy...Rulers or Aristocrats....ahhh this one is tough  ;)

Maidens....To many to count

But for a Island in need of babies and fertility it would make the most sense

I like it, except that I don't hink Isis's stautes had ears like that.

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2009, 08:03:09 PM »
What make the most sense is

Isis

Isis was a goddess in Ancient Egyptian religious beliefs, whose worship spread throughout the Greco-Roman world. She was worshipped as the ideal mother and wife, patron of nature and magic; friend of slaves, sinners, artisans, the downtrodden, as well as listening to the prayers of the wealthy, maidens, aristocrats and rulers.Isis is the Goddess of motherhood and fertility

I don't know about you but I think this pretty much covers every one.....

From Sun and Clare or Amy and Juliet....Motherhood

Slaves? Workman Linus...the Other troops....Dharma workman.....How about Mikey?

Sinners? Well come on they are all sinners

Downtrodden?  I will pick on (pun intended) Locke....because as much as he might be Achilles (indestructible) he is Job in the real world

Artisans....Charlie...how about Hurley

Wealthy...Rulers or Aristocrats....ahhh this one is tough  ;)

Maidens....To many to count

But for a Island in need of babies and fertility it would make the most sense

I like it, except that I don't hink Isis's stautes had ears like that.

every statue we have all discussed one way or one thread or another... has always had one flaw in each... nothig specific, but at least one bit of it doesnt fit... is there any god in relation to Atlantis??  or maybe its just one they put together themselves. who knows.. i dont... yet.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2009, 02:52:45 AM »
every statue we have all discussed one way or one thread or another... has always had one flaw in each... nothig specific, but at least one bit of it doesnt fit... is there any god in relation to Atlantis??  or maybe its just one they put together themselves. who knows.. i dont... yet.
I think that's something people are missing.  The Temple blended elements of ancient Indian architecture & Egyptian glyphs, so I think the statue must be the indigenous people's OWN version of a god (or gods).  Many deities have been adopted, adapted, recycled, & renamed by subsequent cultures.  The easiest example comes by looking @ the Greeks & the Romans.  Zeus= Jupiter.  Hades= Pluto.  Aphrodite= (say it with me) Venus.  ;D  While the story & attributes of each god/goddess was usually left mainly unchanged, the name, the depiction (in art), & the worship of the gods/goddesses varied greatly from people to people!

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Dog of Doom
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2009, 02:49:02 PM »
The producers have said all along that Vincent will be around until the end. They always referred to him as the dog of doom. MY prediction when we see the front of the the Egyptian statue it will have  Vincent's face on it.