Author Topic: Richard needing the body?  (Read 15121 times)

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Richard needing the body?
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2009, 03:40:02 PM »
Worst episode: S.O.S. or the one where Claire caught the bird. wtf?

I liked Stranger in a Strange land, if only because we were introduced to Isabel, Juliet got marked, and I like tattoos.  :-\ Expose was fun for the writers to write (filling in all those little holes), and fun to watch. Plus, hellooooo, Nikki and Paulo died, so, what more could you ask for?

(MB, when I saw the movie "300", I kept calling the bad guy Paolo. You can tell because I can't remember his character's actual name now, and I love that movie  :D)

iti was Xerxies ( pronounced Zerksees)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2009, 08:34:47 PM »
because he finds them so unappealing that he wants to create a woman suit out of them, like the guy in silence of the lambs.
That's cold, dude.

Emilie de Ravin is hot.

Once again, we agree. Everybody is up on Kate's pointy face, and no one even noticed Claire or Sun.

Oh, trust me, I notice sun lol ;). There was one episode where, in a flashback, she and Jin are going to attempt to have a baby, and she crawls into bed wearing a really short green teddy. Drool lol ((grin)).

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2009, 08:37:13 PM »
Oh, and Richard needed the body because Paul will eventually become Jacob lol. That's actually why the Others were about to kill the woman, because she had just killed "Jacob", although to Sawyer and Juliet (and to us) we think the Others killed him. Richard asking for the body was his way of saying "He was supposed to be our leader, so we need his body. He'll lead us as a spirit in a cabin rather than as a physical being now."

Ok, I just made all that up, but I wanted to go off on a tangent lol.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2009, 08:51:50 PM »
I never had a problem with the Nikki/Paulo episode---I'm surprised it created such an uproar with the fans.  I didn't find Nikki any more obnoxious than Shannon.  I may have been irritated if they had become central characters...but over-all, I really liked the episode.  I thought the part when they were buried alive was really scary--and I loved it.  Don't hate on the Nikki/Paulo epi.  Come on now.

I hate for a living, so I can't really help it, I'm a professional. The thing that really got to me about them though was the horrendous acting, and the way they were introduced. Compare that to the way they introduced Daniel, Charlotte, Miles, and Frank. If those 4 would have just dropped on the beach and been like, "We're from a boat!! We're here to help you." Do you know how annoying that would be?? Yes, you do, because that's what they did with Nikki and Paulo. LOL, but seriously, I hate them. For reals.

The others wanted payback for their guys being killed. He had to bring proof.
bump  I agree with Juggy.

And now to catch up on the rest of the thread....
I agree, Expose was a good episode.

I also like that episode....it was funny how Nikki and Paulo found everything way before the Losties did.

Razzle Dazzle!

when ever I do something very unimpressive or uninspiring, I always throw a "RAZZLE-DAZZLE!!" on the end of it.
Do you even throw in the jazz hands like I do? :D

Only if I'm "feeling" the jazz hands.
I hated Paolo and whats=her-name for much the same reason.  they just suddenly appeared and acted as though they had been there all along.  Plus, they were annoying.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2009, 03:33:00 AM »
the only reason they popped up like that was because a lot of the fans were complaining about not knowing anything about the log carrying guys, and this is what we got for it.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2009, 05:20:53 AM »
I know this is off-topic but Expose gets a really bad wrap. It was a great episode, and here's why I think so:

1. Intro with Nikki dancing
2. Billy Dee Williams
3. Razzle Dazzle!
4. Awesome Hitchcock-ian murder scene at the breakfast table
5. Seeing events and characters from a fresh new point of view
6. It works as a stand alone episode. They are barely mentioned before the episode and they die at the end. It's a break from the contant story arc that has been running since the pilot.
7. Last but not least, the epic ending was like a classic Twilight Zone or Tales from the Crypt.

As for the body swap, I think it was just about eye for an eye justice, but there is a running theme with bodies in the show, so there could be alot more to it.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2009, 04:28:57 PM »
You only forgot one thing, the return of Doctor Arzt

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2009, 04:32:46 PM »
Why was everyone such a big fan of Arzt?? I thought he was kind of an uppity jerk, and on top of it, he lied about the tradewinds.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2009, 04:38:26 PM »
cuz he was entertainingly pathetic, and easily frustrated.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2009, 05:21:35 PM »
Why was everyone such a big fan of Arzt?? I thought he was kind of an uppity jerk, and on top of it, he lied about the tradewinds.

well you must have never been in the outsiders clicq before.. ha... he is stuck on an island with a broken heart from rejection... and then all you have is your teaching expierience... you see an oppertunity to be an active participant for the islands rescue... you smudge the facts to build yourself up. it was self preservation for Arzt. something to keep him sane ... which leads to his death... but he went out being an amazing help. he wanted to be part of the cool kids, and speakign on behalf of all the people that know what thats like... he's inspireing, and showed enough heart and soul to try to help. and also at least he admitted to it...

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2009, 05:23:01 PM »
though his education and yearning to want to know and find new information also lead to nikki and palos death too.... thats where nikki learned about the Medusa Spider...so he was a help there too lol...

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2009, 06:15:37 PM »

well you must have never been in the outsiders clicq before.. ha... he is stuck on an island with a broken heart from rejection... and then all you have is your teaching expierience... you see an oppertunity to be an active participant for the islands rescue... you smudge the facts to build yourself up. it was self preservation for Arzt. something to keep him sane ... which leads to his death... but he went out being an amazing help. he wanted to be part of the cool kids, and speakign on behalf of all the people that know what thats like... he's inspireing, and showed enough heart and soul to try to help. and also at least he admitted to it...

Aw, I liked Artz too. :)  He just wanted to be part of the 'in-crowd'...

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2009, 11:26:48 AM »
Meh, I guess. It's not that I didn't like him, I just didn't see why everyone liked him. Plus, seeing as how much everyone (me included) detests lying/liars, I just find it odd that he was so popular. Oh well. 6 to 1, half a dozen to another.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2009, 04:52:34 PM »
Meh, I guess. It's not that I didn't like him, I just didn't see why everyone liked him. Plus, seeing as how much everyone (me included) detests lying/liars, I just find it odd that he was so popular. Oh well. 6 to 1, half a dozen to another.

Does that mean you hate Ben, Locke, Jack, Hurley, Kate, Penny, Sun, Sayid...

liars. lol  ;)

I hate lying in REAL life...in LOST land...it's A-OKay.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2009, 07:16:57 PM »

Does that mean you hate Ben, Locke, Jack, Hurley, Kate, Penny, Sun, Sayid...

liars. lol  ;)

I hate lying in REAL life...in LOST land...it's A-OKay.

Actually, in LOST land it's irritating as hell as well lol :)...I find myself too often saying "Will you just tell the freakin' truth to everyone already?? Geez!!"