Author Topic: Richard needing the body?  (Read 14308 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Richard needing the body?
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 03:46:18 PM »
I agree, Expose was a good episode.

I also like that episode....it was funny how Nikki and Paulo found everything way before the Losties did.

Razzle Dazzle!

when ever I do something very unimpressive or uninspiring, I always throw a "RAZZLE-DAZZLE!!" on the end of it.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 03:49:32 PM »
And everyone looks at you like you're the weirdest person alive.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2009, 04:23:12 PM »
And everyone looks at you like you're the weirdest person alive.

they do that anyway.

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2009, 04:34:29 PM »
Someone was saying on another thread (help me if you find it) that in the I Ching, bodies can't be buried because the spirits will come back to haunt people....so the bodies have to be cremated, like the way the Others did. Richard didn't want anybody else haunting the island.

Grrr...wish I could find it now... if this is your theory, please expand on this idea!

I was looking for something along these lines. This was an idea I had as well. This is, perhaps, why the Others send the bodies of their dead into the sea. There is some significance behind all of this and I firmly believe that it has to do with the spirit/ghost stuff that we see from Christian and others like him.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2009, 04:42:25 PM »
Yeah, I think it was for proof that "justice had been done" - and yeah, I think the body was going to be "recycled" in some way.

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=8066.msg415018#msg415018

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2009, 04:52:58 PM »
Yeah, I think it was for proof that "justice had been done" - and yeah, I think the body was going to be "recycled" in some way.

Oh jeez MB I just got chills when I read "recycled"....brrrrrr! CREEPED OUT!!

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2009, 05:03:56 PM »

Oh jeez MB I just got chills when I read "recycled"....brrrrrr! CREEPED OUT!!

You're easily creeped-out!

Anyway... Did anybody get the impression that this wasn't the first time that Richard had asked for a dead body? Horace seemed very matter-of-fact about the whole situation. I know that he wouldn't have wanted to display his own shock, so that Amy wouldn't be too traumatised; but even so...

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2009, 05:35:19 PM »
I figured Richard wanted the body as proof that "justice" had been served.  Kind of like eye for an eye.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2009, 09:56:37 PM »
I stayed home all day and did absolutely nothing...RAZZLE-DAZZLE!

Offline taki1379

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2009, 10:05:14 PM »
Someone was saying on another thread (help me if you find it) that in the I Ching, bodies can't be buried because the spirits will come back to haunt people....so the bodies have to be cremated, like the way the Others did. Richard didn't want anybody else haunting the island.

Grrr...wish I could find it now... if this is your theory, please expand on this idea!

What about the pit of bodies during the purge. That's a lot of ghosts.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2009, 10:10:51 PM »
Some bodies come back, if their work is not done.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2009, 10:12:09 PM »

What about the pit of bodies during the purge. That's a lot of ghosts.

Hence...it being helpful if whoever came up with this idea would help me out with a little more information, lol!  ;)

Then why the ceremony when Pickett's wife dies? And why does Richard need the bodies of Paul as well as the 2 others? Maybe Paul's body is proof, and the Others' bodies are for proper...disposal of their own people? There's clearly something strange going on here.

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2009, 11:19:04 PM »

I still laugh when I think that Paulo big moment was using the bathroom in the Pearl <ha>

Now the episode about Jack Tattoos, now that was an awful episode. Especially after all the commercials leading up to it saying how "a big secret of the island would be revealed" -- and they were talking about Jack's tattoos -- WHO CARES....

Offline patrixmith

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2009, 11:26:46 PM »
Why did those two hostiles kill Paul if there was a truce?

and were they kidd knapping Amy?......

thats another thing too.. we dont know the situation that sawyer and them came up to amy...

My husband thinks that Amy killed her husband...we don't know the situation at all, is right.

I like this idea... She didn't seem all that upset at first. Even Sawyer thought it was just her friend, until she said "This was my husband."

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2009, 11:34:57 PM »

I still laugh when I think that Paulo big moment was using the bathroom in the Pearl <ha>

Now the episode about Jack Tattoos, now that was an awful episode. Especially after all the commercials leading up to it saying how "a big secret of the island would be revealed" -- and they were talking about Jack's tattoos -- WHO CARES....

say what you want about Stranger in a Strange Land, but Bai Ling looked hot in that episode. ;D