Author Topic: Richard needing the body?  (Read 14306 times)

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Richard needing the body?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 02:58:41 AM »
I agree, Expose was a good episode.

I also like that episode....it was funny how Nikki and Paulo found everything way before the Losties did.

Razzle Dazzle!

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 03:09:52 AM »
I think that if they hadn't tried so hard to force those characters in so quickly we might have accepted them eventually.

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 03:13:32 AM »
I think that if they hadn't tried so hard to force those characters in so quickly we might have accepted them eventually.

i agree with you... that eventually they would have done somethign to earn our trust... the people spoke out too soon i thin kthis time. even in that episode... Locke eve nsays to Palo..." whatevers buried on this island doesnt stay buried for long"

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 03:39:50 AM »
I think the greatest thing that TPTB could do in this series is make Adam and Eve be Paulo and Nikki somehow.  That would piss so many hardcore fans off that it would be totally worth it.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 03:43:35 AM »
I think the greatest thing that TPTB could do in this series is make Adam and Eve be Paulo and Nikki somehow.  That would piss so many hardcore fans off that it would be totally worth it.

No way, if tptb pull that off, they will be immortalized to me. That would take so much hard work, I don't know if I'd still hate Nikki & Paulo anymore...

Offline Astriastar

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 04:27:03 AM »
If the two Others did kill Paul for no good reason, and thus were the instigators in breaking the truce, I'm a bit surprised that Richard didn't take more responsibility for their actions.  Which suggests two possibilities:
   1) Richard is not in total control of his people, or factions of his people.
   2) The two Others did this on orders for Richard.  Which begs the question: why kidnap Amy?  Only if she is more valuable that she otherwise was made to appear.  Or, the Others were looking to grab the baby, i.e. the baby is valuable.

What baby?  She wasn't pregnant at that time.  She gave birth 3 years later.  No, I think that if they were kidnapping her, it was because they wanted her.  Maybe it was lust?  Saw a hot chick out there, killed her man, and then took her away... kind of caveman-ish.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 04:30:46 AM »
Why did those two hostiles kill Paul if there was a truce?

and were they kidd knapping Amy?......

thats another thing too.. we dont know the situation that sawyer and them came up to amy...

My husband thinks that Amy killed her husband...we don't know the situation at all, is right.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009, 04:34:43 AM »
The Others must've been there in the presence of her killing her husband because they were there too fast to have just heard gunshots and appeared to throw a bag over her head.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2009, 04:36:10 AM »
They could have been trying to take her.  He tried to stop them so they killed him.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009, 04:37:22 AM »
The Others must've been there in the presence of her killing her husband because they were there too fast to have just heard gunshots and appeared to throw a bag over her head.

If they had been there...Juliet and Sawyer killed them before they had the chance to say anything.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2009, 07:24:24 AM »
I thought it was proof, too, but bodies seem to be awfully important in a couple of different places - Locke's father, Christian, Emi (Eko's brother), and of course, Locke himself.

I also believe that bodies are important. Amy insisted on bringing Paul's body to the barracks immediatly.
In what time did Charlotte's body stay? In four toed statue time? Or did she die before and is it in
the time that Locke went in the well?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2009, 12:41:54 PM »
Other body considerations:
- bodies of the kidnappers HAD to be burried, 'how deep did you bury them' Horace asked Sawyer.  WHY? 
- Nikki and Paulo, let us not forget the WORST episode in this saga. 

bodies are IMPORTANT.
perhaps they come back to life?  Nikki and Paulo might be a foreshadowing of that. 

What say you?

Worst episode ever?? Are you kidding me?? Nikki and Paulo getting buried alive was awesome. I'm so glad that TPTB not only listened to the fans and killed them off, but did it in such an awesome way. Which makes me think that Ben totally killed Penny to pieces because that's just like them to do that.

As for Richard needing the body, I don't think it was for proof that he was dead, because Sawyer told him that the truce wasn't broken. Seemed more like they were trying to prevent something happening to it, like (as some of us have theorized about) Smokey getting to it and using it as a host/model.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2009, 12:51:59 PM »
I agree, Expose was a good episode.
"Razzle-Dazzle" killed that episode from the first minute on screen. I agree it was one of the lowest points in the series.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 01:04:26 PM »
Someone was saying on another thread (help me if you find it) that in the I Ching, bodies can't be buried because the spirits will come back to haunt people....so the bodies have to be cremated, like the way the Others did. Richard didn't want anybody else haunting the island.

Grrr...wish I could find it now... if this is your theory, please expand on this idea!

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 01:15:51 PM »
It wasn't my theory, but I am in line with this.  I think bodies are important for some reason, and it's important how you treat them after somebody dies.  I would guess it has something to do with either Smokey "inhabiting" them or some haunting or whatever...  remember Danielle's buddies -- they were definitely not themselves!