Author Topic: What will happen at the purge?  (Read 1963 times)

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
What will happen at the purge?
« on: March 08, 2009, 10:56:19 AM »
If the losties are back in time with the dharma initiative then i only have one question, what will happen when the purge comes?

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: What will happen at the purge?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 11:20:15 AM »
They'll save everybody whilst Faraday clutches his head in his hands, muttering: "Whatever happened, happened".

:)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 01:04:53 PM »
Our losties are going to return to real time before then, I think.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 03:44:59 PM »

What makes you think that? I'm intrigued about this myself...

What would happen if they did continue to live on the Island, right up to the point when 815 crashes?

We know that Sawyer's time-skipping crew were present at the time of Aaron's birth - and thus two Sawyers, Lockes, Jins and Juliets were on the Island at the same time. But was this just due to the record skipping? Could it happen under "normal" circumstances?

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 04:26:24 PM »
Our Losties are actually The Others at the time and iniated the purge in the first place... kidding! Or am I?

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 08:55:02 AM »

What makes you think that? I'm intrigued about this myself...

What would happen if they did continue to live on the Island, right up to the point when 815 crashes?

We know that Sawyer's time-skipping crew were present at the time of Aaron's birth - and thus two Sawyers, Lockes, Jins and Juliets were on the Island at the same time. But was this just due to the record skipping? Could it happen under "normal" circumstances?

Trying to figure this out - I had said before they announced there would be no episode next week - that this episode gave me enough to think about for two weeks which turned out to be good.

There's a part of me that thinks there can only be one "you" at a time.  But like you I'm thinking about things like the Purge and the crash and Juliet thinking about going back home in the 70's and what would have happened if she had gone then and what, if anything,  would happen to the Juliet that exists then. 

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 10:17:05 AM »
Honestly, I just don't think they're going to be present for the Purge because it is like 15 years later than the point in time that they are in now (1977).  I don't think the show is going to progress 15 years, and I have a feeling the time-skipping/jumping may be done.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 12:01:37 PM »
They will be gone before the purge. Dan will do something to the Orchid causing the "incident" and flashing the losties to a different time. Past, future or current 2008 time. I am routing for past, as in before the statue was built past.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 12:05:03 PM »
Honestly, I just don't think they're going to be present for the Purge because it is like 15 years later than the point in time that they are in now (1977).  I don't think the show is going to progress 15 years, and I have a feeling the time-skipping/jumping may be done.

I have to agree with this, because it seems really unlikely that the writers would try to just gloss over the 15 year gap. I know it works fine with 3 years forward or backward in time, but I highly highly doubt that They could fade to black, and just throw up...

"Fifteen years later"

On the screen. Mainly because that would be a major cop out, and also because I doubt that the island would be that uneventful for 15 years.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 06:22:07 AM »
Our Losties are actually The Others at the time and iniated the purge in the first place... kidding! Or am I?

That's not as daft as you may think... I certainly believe the whispers are the losties timeshifted talking to each other. So where we thought the Others were responsible for it, it's possible it could be the Losties

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 08:36:01 AM »

That's not as daft as you may think... I certainly believe the whispers are the losties timeshifted talking to each other. So where we thought the Others were responsible for it, it's possible it could be the Losties
I really think its a possibility too. I just didn't know if I would have been scoffed at or not.

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 09:00:25 AM »

I really think its a possibility too. I just didn't know if I would have been scoffed at or not.
as if we would? ;)