Author Topic: THE SHOES  (Read 4839 times)

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
THE SHOES
« on: March 03, 2009, 05:09:22 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't have time to read all the great posts. If this has been covered I apologize. Jack was the only one who knew that he had changed John's shoes. Mrs. Hawking only told Jack that he had to give John something of Jack's fathers in order to emulate 815. When Ben killed Locke, I believe he thought he would never see John alive again. The shoes are like Dorothy's shoes in the Wizard of Oz, they are needed to get home. Me Tinks Ben is in for a BIG supprise when he wakes up and sees ol' John boy up and about!!!

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOES
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 05:50:44 PM »
I agree he'll be surprised, but I bet he'll take credit for helping John "die" without having to commit suicide.  He did John a favor?!?  :-\

Offline mrose4243

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 07:22:38 PM »
HA!  It didn't occur to me about the connection of John's shoes and Dorothy's ruby slippers!  That was a great catch and put a big smile on my face.

There's no place like home!

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 07:28:32 PM »
I can hear Ben already--"I did it to help you, John." *with that all too familiar condescending glare*

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 08:15:15 PM »
HA!  It didn't occur to me about the connection of John's shoes and Dorothy's ruby slippers!  That was a great catch and put a big smile on my face.

There's no place like home!

I missed that too! The shame!!!  :-[

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 11:30:11 AM »
I can hear Ben already--"I did it to help you, John." *with that all too familiar condescending glare*

And I can see John (as a complete idiot sometimes) believing him, and not kicking his ass.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 02:42:10 PM »

And I can see John (as a complete idiot sometimes) believing him, and not kicking his ass.

Yeah, he won't hurt him...

I think John will come at him with the crazy look in his eyes that he gets---yell at Ben about strangling him---and Ben cowers and makes his excuse about having to do it--and John getting his bewildered look...and ultimately buying it and they work together again.

Oh, I hope it isn't as predictable as it seems.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 03:02:12 PM »
From last weeks episode it looks like he's already bought it...  Just the way he said, "That's the man that killed me..."  It was very passive-aggressive...

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 03:36:57 PM »
I think Ben will put on his little boy face and John will just forgive him. I think that may be the quality that John has and thats what makes him so SPECIAL.....his ability to forgive. Just like GOD!

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 04:00:58 PM »
I really want to see John slap Ben. Not punch him, not hurt him really...but a nice slap in the face would be humiliating! Then Ben's eyes would fill with tears, and I love him again.  :-*

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 05:24:17 PM »
I don't think John will do anything about Ben.  I don't think he's mad at Ben at all or harbors any ill will towards him.  He didn't really after Ben shot him, and I think he almost certainly won't after finding himself back on the island and ALIVE.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 05:42:26 PM »
I don't think he's mad at Ben at all or harbors any ill will towards him.  He didn't really after Ben shot him, and I think he almost certainly won't after finding himself back on the island and ALIVE.

He'll be even happier when he learns that the O6-1 were on Flight 316.

Offline Still_lost06

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 05:53:53 PM »
I also think that Locke will just forgive Ben, just like last time he tried to kill him.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 06:12:52 PM »
John can't kill Ben because Ben is one of his people.  He can't kill his people.  Isn't that what he said when young Widmore escaped and John chose not to shoot him?

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 12:09:03 AM »
I think Ben will put on his little boy face and John will just forgive him. I think that may be the quality that John has and thats what makes him so SPECIAL.....his ability to forgive. Just like GOD!

This is awesome.  I have never thought of this - his willingness to forgive.