Author Topic: THE SHOES  (Read 3819 times)

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOES
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 12:16:48 AM »
I think Ben will put on his little boy face and John will just forgive him. I think that may be the quality that John has and thats what makes him so SPECIAL.....his ability to forgive. Just like GOD!

This is awesome.  I have never thought of this - his willingness to forgive.

No kidding!  It's a positive spin on what most people call a fault of Locke's - him being too naive.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 12:21:39 AM »
I think Ben will put on his little boy face and John will just forgive him. I think that may be the quality that John has and thats what makes him so SPECIAL.....his ability to forgive. Just like GOD!

No kidding!  It's a positive spin on what most people call a fault of Locke's - him being too naive.

Solost really hit the nail on the head.  Locke LOOKS so weak.  But Jacob asked him for help.  There is so much more than we realize to him.

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 12:29:39 AM »
And Jacob would not be asking for Locke's help if he didn't have good reason to!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 12:31:18 AM »
And Jacob would not be asking for Locke's help if he didn't have good reason to!

High five on that!  That was really the beginning of the end for Linus. 

BTW, ESB, I love your avi!

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 12:32:08 AM »

High five on that!  That was really the beginning of the end for Linus. 

BTW, ESB, I love your avi!

Thanks   ;D

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 10:44:26 AM »

LAKLOST...did you get my reply? I had a problem with my P/C.

Solost really hit the nail on the head.  Locke LOOKS so weak.  But Jacob asked him for help.  There is so much more than we realize to him.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 04:29:26 PM »
John can't kill Ben because Ben is one of his people.  He can't kill his people.  Isn't that what he said when young Widmore escaped and John chose not to shoot him?

I like this reasoning the best! even if ben was disowned in jacobs mind. he was still an other! ;) and it's probably the same rule that widmore and Ben have together.  :o