Author Topic: Suicide is a Sin (Reason for Ben Killing)  (Read 7454 times)

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Suicide is a Sin (Reason for Ben Killing)
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 04:12:05 PM »
Something tells me that if Ben wasn't meant to kill Locke , Locke wouldn't have died. the island wouldn't let it happen. so that's what leads me to believe Ben was supposed to kill Locke.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 06:33:32 PM »
I had this crazy deep conversation about Lost at work today...

It could be argued that Christian was taking his own life by drinking himself to death. Now, that isn't as immediate as wrapping a noose around your own neck, but it's still comparable to suicide because it's by your own hand.

Christian's official cause of death was a heart attack, due to a four day alcohol binge. If Locke was indeed a near-identical proxy to Christian, I wonder if Christian was also killed by another before he had the chance to do it himself?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 06:37:25 PM »

It could be argued that Christian was taking his own life by drinking himself to death. Now, that isn't as immediate as wrapping a noose around your own neck, but it's still comparable to suicide because it's by your own hand.

Christian's official cause of death was a heart attack, due to a four day alcohol binge. If Locke was indeed a near-identical proxy to Christian, I wonder if Christian was also killed by another before he had the chance to do it himself?

I have said this myself in another thread and it is now lost and buried, but exactly.  We see Jack drinking again because of the island, and well, if Christian knew he had to bring this plane and these people to the island why not do it that way!

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 06:38:25 PM »

I'd been thinking about this too, the drinking-yourself-to-death-is-kinda-suicide thing, but I didn't know how to articulate it and have it make sense, and possibly sound awesome.  :D I like the idea that someone killed Christian...maybe spiked his drink with something?? Ooooo!

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 06:44:34 PM »
Or maybe drinking yourself to death is considered suicide by the island and that is the reason Christian wasn't reincarnated exactly like Locke was. and is more ghost like (for lack of better words)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 06:46:03 PM »
I'm going off on a tangent here but I need to post this before my brain goes blank...

Remember when Christian gave Jack that watch; which his father had given him? What item has Locke been given?... A compass...

The Island moves both through time (symbolised by the watch) and geographically (symbolised by the compass).

Christian's father gave him the watch originally. And whom gave Locke the compass?... Richard.

I believe that Richard Alpert is Locke's biological father.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 06:51:18 PM »
I'm going off on a tangent here but I need to post this before my brain goes blank...

Remember when Christian gave Jack that watch; which his father had given him? What item has Locke been given?... A compass...

The Island moves both through time (symbolised by the watch) and geographically (symbolised by the compass).

Christian's father gave him the watch originally. And whom gave Locke the compass?... Richard.

Wow...then Locke and Jack would have to work together, or Locke and Claire, or Aaron...

But Richard didn't seem too fatherly...and Locke was supposed to kill his father, so... what does that mean? I feel a new thread coming on!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 06:54:08 PM »

I might go with you on that because of two things  We do not know how old Richard was, so he could have been the older guy Emily went with.  Second he was upset that Locke was not choosing what he wanted and kept trying to get him to the island.

Also there is something else, could Richard be Charlottes father?  He remainded on the island?  That would be a second red head!  

You forgot that Paik, Sun's father gave Jin a watch to give to someone in Los Angeles.  

Great points Mango, keep throwing it out and we can see what sticks to the wall as they say!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 06:55:08 PM »

Wow...then Locke and Jack would have to work together, or Locke and Claire, or Aaron...

But Richard didn't seem too fatherly...and Locke was supposed to kill his father, so... what does that mean? I feel a new thread coming on!

The richard theory is already on here somewhere.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 03:47:16 AM »
The richard theory is already on here somewhere.

Really? I had no idea. I guess at this point, every possible angle has been speculated upon.

Richard does seem awfully fond of Locke and the more I think about it, the more it seems (in retrospect) that he's been "fatherly" towards him.

Offline Beej

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 11:57:01 AM »
I believe the reason why Ben killed Locke was because he knew that Mrs Hawking knew how to get back on the Island. Locke's purpose was to bring back the 06 but without Ben

By killing Locke who would be in charge to bring them back ? the only candidate was Ben. 

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 07:48:30 PM »

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 07:52:38 PM »
More doubt about Locke's biological parentage, here:

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=7873.msg393057#msg393057

:)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2009, 08:09:48 PM »
Mango- thanks for taking the time to look.  There are many things on here that have been looked into and it is just a quick search.

Yeah, I wax and wane with Richard being his father.  But he would be the only one who would possible fit being twice her age. 

Mango, check front page articles too, there might be something there about Richard.  Nice to see you, rather late eh? ;)

@beej

Ben killed him for the same reason he tried to kill Locke the first time he had information he (Ben) thought only he (Ben) should know.  He was mad because once again Locke was given detail.  Remember the first time he killed him is because Jacob spoke to him.

Hmmm you know which make me wonder if Ben killed the Dharma folks because they too were being reached out to by Jacob or other others!

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 08:11:57 PM »
Nice to see you, rather late eh? ;)

Yeah, I'm off to bed with a cup of cocoa. It's 00:11 here.  :-\