Author Topic: Why didn't Ben want John to visit Mrs. Hawking?  (Read 5949 times)

Offline jib22

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Why didn't Ben want John to visit Mrs. Hawking?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2009, 12:24:19 PM »
Some really good points were made regarding this topic BUT...
are we all forgetting one key element. When Ben killed Abaddon bullets were flying everywhere into the car (which could easily have killed John) then, John drives off recklessly and gets into a major auto accident (again, Locke could easily have been killed). If Locke had sped up his own suicide by just a few minutes, Ben would have been too late. So if it was Ben's intention to pump John for information he took a HUGE risk in the way he went about it. 

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2009, 04:29:50 PM »
Seemed to me that Ben didn't know about her, and then after he killed John after he got the info, and staged the scene, he discovered that he needs all of the O6 to go back, so he reports the suicide and figures this is a good way to get Locke back and be able to control him.
You think he believes he can control John again after killing him?  I think he doesn't realize that John has to go back... that he believes he's finally ending the Locke story.  I think he finds out that John has to return as well from Eloise.  He said that he was going to miss John as he leaves the apartment... he was saying goodbye to him.

Right, that's what I was saying. He kills Locke, then finds out from Mrs. Hawking that they all need to go, so he reports the suicide. And since Locke is dead at this point, he is under Ben's control.

We know jacob talking only with john not ben. So he wanted to learn what jacob told him.

He already told him that way back. Last season.

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2009, 06:46:48 AM »
maybe mrs hawking is really lockes mum

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2009, 07:25:28 AM »
So if it was Ben's intention to pump John for information he took a HUGE risk in the way he went about it.

That's a good point. We also know that Ben was tailing Locke, but we don't know why.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2009, 06:19:38 PM »
All interesting points.  I just don't believe anything Ben says.  He is the only one who told John that the person who moved the island couldn't go back.  So far, Ben is the only one who has said that.  Ben lies and withholds truth.  He is very  manipulative.  I think he just killed Locke because Ben is so jealous of him.  Ben wants to be the Special One.  Locke is not blamless, either; he killed the copter girl.