Author Topic: Act I: thehansofoundation.org Clues and Finds  (Read 46455 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Act I: thehansofoundation.org Clues and Finds
« on: May 02, 2006, 11:35:09 PM »
Number 1! ;)
And may I say: AWESOME FORUMS SLEDGE.
Thank you!

{{MOD NOTE (Sorry Hobbes :)):  Just wanted to point out for those joining us, Astro & I are now composing a pretty comprehensive guide & walkthrough in a stickied thread found here: 

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=1072.0

That one will be locked so that we have all the clues and no other commentary, but feel free to continue discussing speculation in this thread.  Thanks!  -PandoraX}}
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 08:54:24 AM by PandoraX »

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the "LOST EXPERIENCE board!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 12:49:37 AM »
I know some of this discussion has been taking place in the shoutbox, but allow me to start a more permanent place.

Go to thehansofoundation.org.  If you go to the sign up for newsletter area, and input your name and then click submit.  You'll be prompted for a password.  It is Breaking Strain. 

You'll see a message from someone using the name Persephone.  Check this out: Persephone.  Looks as though she was the queen of the underworld.

Very weird stuff.  Explore the site and let us know what all you find. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 12:52:44 AM by AstroJones »

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 12:59:13 AM »
Astro,

Feel free to start new topics on different areas of TLE. I haven't checked anything out yet, but, if it seems appropriate, you may want to start a topic dedicated to HANSO website clues. Obviously, we don't want the heart of the discussion concerning TLE to take place in the "WELCOME" topic. :)

It would be great if this could be a well organized section of the site to find all the clues related to TLE.

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
thehansofoundation.org Clues and Finds
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 01:03:26 AM »
Okay all, I'll start this thing out in this thrad.  We know that the relaunching of the Hanso Foundation site is directly related to The Lost Experience, but that doesn't mean everything on the site will be relevant.  Here are some things that have been found so far:

Go to thehansofoundation.org.  If you go to the sign up for newsletter area, and input your name and then click submit.  You'll be prompted for a password.  It is "breakingstrain".

You'll see a message from someone using the name Persephone.  Check this out: Persephone.  Looks as though she was the queen of the underworld.

Try going to the Joop Corner page and type a message to Joop.  The screen goes crazy and some circles appear on the page.  If you click each circle, and then each new circle that opens afterwards, eventually you get to see a letter about a Hanso Foundation issue.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 03:33:54 AM by PandoraX »

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: thehansofoundation.org Clues and Finds
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 02:42:20 AM »
I pasted together the two letters on the HANSO site:

AND:

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 03:40:48 AM »
Hope you don't mind, Astro, I edited your post so that it reads password "breakingstrain"... so that there is less confusion (no caps, no space).

It appears that we will get more passwords in the future, because there is a login for "Board of Directors" in the Executive Bios section.

Other issues--

Under Active Projects => Worldwide Wellness and Prevention Development Program => World Map, there is a clickable map of several locations in sub-Saharan Africa.  If you start clicking around the map, you can also click on an area south of Florida, USA (in the Bermuda Triangle zone) which comes up with a blank map.  However, if you click on the area below where there should be writing, an odd code pops up.... it is ASCII. 

When you do a simple number letter switch, you'll go from this msg:

13/9/19/19/9/14/7

15/18/7/1/14/19

to spell out:

M/I/S/S/I/N/G

O/R/G/A/N/S
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 04:42:08 PM by PandoraX »

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 03:46:28 AM »
More background info, which I posted over at LOST-TV.  I'm familiar with meningococcal disease, I'm a physician (my field is psychiatry now, but I used to work in neurology and infectious disease research).  There's a real epidemiological problem with cyclic outbreaks of meningitis in Africa--there's actually a real I.D. term "meningitis belt", which is located across sub-Saharan Africa, and peaks every year during the dry season.  Here is a map directly from the CDC (real Centers for Disease Control site on meningococcal disease, not LOST related):

http://www2.ncid.cdc.gov/travel/yb/utils/ybGet.asp?section=dis&obj=menin.htm

I think this is why the GWC is so concerned about the transgenic jump of this disease in this area of the world (much of an issue like avian flu is today, and HIV was for yesteryear, since it was once a disease of non-human primates).  Note that all points on the world map and Tanzania & Zanzibar (mentioned in the letters) fall in this belt.

Sledge, when we get more info and this thread gets too long, I will probably compile a sticky thread index to help new webmazers sort through this info (so that it links to individual finds and is organized as an outline skeleton and isn't too overwhelming).  It will link individual posts in this thread and others.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 04:57:35 AM by PandoraX »

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 10:20:20 AM »
No problem PandoraX, but I included the space when I entered it on the hanso site, and it worked just fine.  So I guess the space doesn't matter.

;)

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 11:42:50 AM »
Ah, thanks for that point, Astro.

I'm also adding a graphic of the ASCII code to my other post (the original one that is code for MISSING ORGANS).

I'm curious if the clue the Americans get tonight in our 800 number will be different from the one given to the Brits?

I'm probably going to play around with the site some more, but I think we hit on the major clues so far. 

Offline gakhandal

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Hanso Foundation Website 2.0!
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 11:44:35 AM »
The official Hanso website is back online with new features check it out.
http://www.thehansofoundation.org/

ps. Great work Sledge on the Sledgeweb 2.0 too lol coincidence aint it?
:P

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 12:23:57 PM »
Agreed Pandora.  And based on the news article I read, we are supposed to get different clues than the UK.  They said that the three continents involved (U.S., UK, and Australia) would have different information and it would be necessary for fans to connect across the web and swap information.  I'll be on the lookout tonight.

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 12:39:47 PM »
I know some of this discussion has been taking place in the shoutbox, but allow me to start a more permanent place.

Go to thehansofoundation.org.  If you go to the sign up for newsletter area, and input your name and then click submit.  You'll be prompted for a password.  It is Breaking Strain. 

how'd you come across the password?

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 12:43:47 PM »
OLLY-Wood:  The clue came from a 1-800 number that was given during the showing of the last U.K. episode of LOST.  They got their clue one day ahead of the U.S.; we will get our clue tonight (it may be a different password or clue from the Brits).

BTW... on Persephone (as you can tell from my name, I'm a big Greek Mythology fan)... the whole story was that she was the daughter of Zeus and Demeter, the Goddess of Spring.  She was kidnapped and brought to the world of the dead by Hades, God of the Underworld.  During the time Persephone was gone, Demeter was so distraught, she made it Winter all year long.  Zeus sent the messenger God Hermes down to have her released to change this, but Hades gave her a Pomegranate fruit; after Persephone ate it, she was bound to the Underworld forever, and had to return there for part of the year every year.  That's how the Greeks explained Winter and the changing of the seasons.

Just some random facts, don't know if it will ever be of interest later in Persephone's background.  I personally think she's a computer program at this point and not necessarily a person, though others have suggested she could be Alex.

Also, Cerberus was the guard of the Underworld in Greek Mythology, so they seem to be following a theme.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 12:50:32 PM by PandoraX »

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 12:59:25 PM »
OLLY-Wood:  The clue came from a 1-800 number that was given during the showing of the last U.K. episode of LOST.  They got their clue one day ahead of the U.S.; we will get our clue tonight (it may be a different password or clue from the Brits).

thanks for the explanation!

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Hanso Foundation Website 2.0!
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 01:37:03 PM »
... or is it?!