Author Topic: Raise your hand if...  (Read 5518 times)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Raise your hand if...
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 09:36:23 PM »
But if they didn't show the assasin and Ben said he killed him, why isn't that enough?

Remember when younger Widmore snapped Cunningham's neck, just after he started to spill the beans on the location of Alpert's camp, in the Jughead episode? Well, Abaddon was slain right after he started to answer some of Locke's questions. It was very reminiscent.

And if Ben didn't want Locke to die until he had "interrogated" him, why would he shoot at the car he was sat in, possibly endangering his life before he had gotten his info?

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 09:38:09 PM »
Well, that does make sense.  I just don't get into the mental gymnastics of "This has just been revealed." "But maybe it isn't true."  I don't know how you keep your bearings in the story if you doubt everything the narrative clears up.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 09:42:31 PM »
I don't know how you keep your bearings in the story if you doubt everything the narrative clears up.

Not everything - just everything that Ben and Widmore say.

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 10:00:50 PM »
Yeah he got the Soprono treatment.......

You know what do we do with this guy ....Just kill him off

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 10:26:35 PM »
I don't know how you keep your bearings in the story if you doubt everything the narrative clears up.

But even with that, you can't keep retangling something they have revealed.  What did you think of their discussion in Charles' bedroom?

Offline NorthShoreOGLost

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 12:16:09 AM »
But if they didn't show the assasin and Ben said he killed him, why isn't that enough?

Hehe, that's easy - the words "Ben said"!  For now, I actually do believe him, but that's because I haven't come up with any other shooter theory that I like.

Offline Maui-Mudpup

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 02:51:42 AM »
Maybe once upon a time he would have more. Heck he still could.

I'd just guess that being in "Fringe" makes it hard for him to do long shots on Lost.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 06:42:40 AM »

But even with that, you can't keep retangling something they have revealed.  What did you think of their discussion in Charles' bedroom?

Well, I believed all that as they are undoubtedly equals. It's just whenever they're talking to lesser mortals; it's always half-truths, lies or ciphers.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 03:13:49 PM »

Well, I believed all that as they are undoubtedly equals. It's just whenever they're talking to lesser mortals; it's always half-truths, lies or ciphers.

I know you're not the only one who does this, and I have the same thought as BenLakie in this. Sort of like when they showed Desmond kill Kelvin. I know the show is wrapped in mystery but not everything they show us or tell us has to be questioned.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 07:35:42 PM »
Raise your hand if you were expecting more from this entire episode. *Raises hand*

:-\

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 08:14:08 PM »
I know you're not the only one who does this, and I have the same thought as BenLakie in this. Sort of like when they showed Desmond kill Kelvin. I know the show is wrapped in mystery but not everything they show us or tell us has to be questioned.

But that's why we're here, isn't it?  ???

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 10:16:20 PM »

Yes  ;D ! (at least that is why I'm here  :-\)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 10:47:49 AM »

To question everything?? No. This isn't philosophy class. LOL

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 05:33:14 PM »
What?!! it's not?! oh man, better gather my stuff and sneak out now... ;D

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 11:46:33 PM »

To question everything?? No. This isn't philosophy class. LOL

Very LOL!  I'm here to enjoy and feed on everything - not question it all!