Author Topic: Widmore seems rather convincing...  (Read 10944 times)

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Widmore seems rather convincing...
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2009, 03:49:57 PM »
By the way, wasn't Michael unable to kill himself because "The island isn't through with you yet"? (or something along those lines). Apparently the island needed Michael to blow up Widmore's freighter. It would seem the island is working against Widmore, which would seem to point to Widmore being bad for the island.

If I trust any character on Lost, I trust the island lol.
I think the reason Michael was kept alive was not to blow up the freighter, because he didn't blow it up. Keamy did. What I think his mission was was to be the sacrifice so the others could escape. Michael was the one who thought of and executed the freezing of the battery which bought the rest the time they needed to escape from the boat. That is what I think the isaland wanted him to do.

Hi Zinzi! And welcome....

I'd totally forgotten about John seeing Widmore before...but if there wasn't a picture in the file, he definitely saw him on the tape that Ben showed him. When Widmore has a guy beaten up (stupid Ben taped over the Red Sox 2004 World Series win? That man is truly evil.  ;)). You're right, I'd have thought that John would have recognized him, but maybe he was groggy from the whole time/space jumping + busted leg thing. Very strange.
Mrs. A, I don't mean to be corrective but at that point there was no space/time jumping happening yet. This would have been when they were in New Otherton before it was attacked. I'm sure you knew that though... brain fart? I still agree with the point you were making though. It seems styrange that he wouldn't remember what Widmore looked like after seeing that video and possibly a photo in the file.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2009, 03:50:38 PM »
Hi everyone, very, very long time lurker from the UK here, who finally decided to register so I could chat to you guys about your great theories and observations!

Hiya!!!  :)

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2009, 03:54:47 PM »

I'd totally forgotten about John seeing Widmore before...but if there wasn't a picture in the file, he definitely saw him on the tape that Ben showed him. When Widmore has a guy beaten up (stupid Ben taped over the Red Sox 2004 World Series win? That man is truly evil.  ;)). You're right, I'd have thought that John would have recognized him, but maybe he was groggy from the whole time/space jumping + busted leg thing. Very strange.
Mrs. A, I don't mean to be corrective but at that point there was no space/time jumping happening yet. This would have been when they were in New Otherton before it was attacked. I'm sure you knew that though... brain fart? I still agree with the point you were making though. It seems styrange that he wouldn't remember what Widmore looked like after seeing that video and possibly a photo in the file.
Locke jumped in time and space when he moved the FDW, that's what I meant. It was a tough trip--he vomited. And he was in a lot of pain from his leg, so....I mean by the time he sees Widmore in the Tunisian "hospital," he's already had kind of a rough day, lol! But once Widmore introduces himself, Locke becomes reserved. I think that's when he remembered seeing this guy's face, in the video and file.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2009, 04:00:39 PM »

Locke jumped in time and space when he moved the FDW, that's what I meant. It was a tough trip--he vomited. And he was in a lot of pain from his leg, so....I mean by the time he sees Widmore in the Tunisian "hospital," he's already had kind of a rough day, lol! But once Widmore introduces himself, Locke becomes reserved. I think that's when he remembered seeing this guy's face, in the video and file.
OH! Oops that was totally my bad. I thought you were talking about him feeling that way when Ben showed him the video/file. Sorry!

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2009, 04:03:56 PM »
OH! Oops that was totally my bad. I thought you were talking about him feeling that way when Ben showed him the video/file. Sorry!
No worries! My writing was a little muddy in that first post, so thanks for letting me clarify (chances are if you didn't get it, other people didn't either).

Offline Zinzi

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2009, 06:02:22 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Mrs A & MangoBingo!  ;D  DOH of course he saw him on the video too!  Hmmnn yes I suppose we have to put his confusion down to the very rough day he'd had LOL.  I must admit I had to look away when they were "fixing" his leg!  I think you're right once Widmore had introduced himself he remembered, it must have confused him that he'd not long seen him when he was only 17 too!