Author Topic: John Locke Special???  (Read 15242 times)

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: John Locke Special???
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2009, 06:50:50 PM »
My latest fantastic theory which just flashed into my brain, ten minutes ago...

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=8858.msg504579#msg504579

:)

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2009, 03:10:24 AM »
I have a bunch of books that interpret dreams, and I was flipping through one of them and came across an entry for "bald," so I stopped and read it because I thought about what Helen told Locke about her liking bald guys, and here's what the book said:
1. To dream of someone who is bald is indicates we are being made aware of a degree of dullness in our lives

2. To dream of ourselves being bald can symbolize intelligence, or it could suggest a loss of intellectual prowess

3. Baldness in a dream is recognition of the attainment of Spirituality with its attendant humility. Priests used to shave their heads to show they had nothing to hide.

I know there are, like, a million more things that baldness means, but I just stumbled across this and thought it tied in pretty well.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2009, 03:35:10 AM »
I have a bunch of books that interpret dreams, and I was flipping through one of them and came across an entry for "bald," so I stopped and read it because I thought about what Helen told Locke about her liking bald guys, and here's what the book said:
1. To dream of someone who is bald is indicates we are being made aware of a degree of dullness in our lives

2. To dream of ourselves being bald can symbolize intelligence, or it could suggest a loss of intellectual prowess

3. Baldness in a dream is recognition of the attainment of Spirituality with its attendant humility. Priests used to shave their heads to show they had nothing to hide.

I know there are, like, a million more things that baldness means, but I just stumbled across this and thought it tied in pretty well.

So, what does it mean when I had a dream about rubbing Locke's bald head like a crystal ball to tell the future? lol

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2009, 12:21:41 PM »

So, what does it mean when I had a dream about rubbing Locke's bald head like a crystal ball to tell the future? lol

Haha, that means that you already knew that it meant what I wrote, because you're psychic, and his head is shiny.  :)

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2009, 01:39:08 PM »
I mean come on dude! you have WIDMORES MONEY, knock them out, drug them up one by one if you have to, whatever it takes... MAKE them believe! even if you have to find a "room 23" off the island and brainwash these non believers, DO IT! WHATEVER IT TAKES...

The interesting thing about all this, is that Widmore had Widmore's money and could do all this himself. He didn't need Locke to rally the troops at all. Widmore knew of Ms. Hawking's location in L.A. (and thus the Lamp-post Station). He could have brainwashed or drugged them all to get onto Flight 316.

It felt like Locke was being sent on a wild goose chase, simply to keep him occupied.

I think that Widmore had Abaddon killed, not Ben. It's more than coincidental that Abaddon was assasinated right after he started to answer some of Locke's questions.

I don't think Widmore had Abaddon killed.  Why?  Abaddon's been with Widmore for many years.  The man he trusted enough to watch over Locke.  Just doesn't add up.  I actually looked forward to hearing more from him. 

I also don't think of Locke as a pawn in any way.  I do believe at some point we will find out just why he is considered "special" and I agree it might be because he'll make some great sacrifice to save the island and others that no one else would.  I think his whole life he's been told he's nothing and he believed that till he got to the island, and he's constantly fighting the voice that keeps repeating - you're nothing.

My big question was why didn't Locke go and look for his people?  Why did he just stay on the beach?  Can't figure that out. 

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2009, 12:34:08 PM »
My big question was why didn't Locke go and look for his people?  Why did he just stay on the beach?  Can't figure that out. 

Well, in all fairness to John, he did just get there.  And, he's surrounded by new people.  And, he did just come back to life... might take a few moments to absorb that little bit of news.  He could've demonstrated a bit of urgency but I think he's just putting it all together right now.  He's enjoying the fact that he's alive again... something that most people don't get to experience.  He's realizing that he's what many people have lately been saying about him.. that he's special.  With this revelation, he's attained a level of calmness and, very likely, believes that he's where he's supposed to be.

Naturally, the next step would be to set out to find out what state the island and his friends are in now.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2009, 05:07:13 PM »

I don't know if I could get on board with this idea, Mango---but I do like the way your mind works!

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2009, 07:58:47 PM »

I don't know if I could get on board with this idea, Mango---but I do like the way your mind works!

I love your posts too!!!

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2009, 01:53:26 PM »
I have been thinking about what bothered me about this episode and I think I figured it out, and his name is John Locke.

Locke has been called special by both Ben and Widmore. So I am assuming they know something about the future and Lockes role in the island. They both are using Locke to get back control of the island. That part is fine.

What I am having trouble with is the idea that Locke is special. What has he done that is special so far?? His attempts at getting the Oceanic 6 back to the island was pathetic.
Locke "You must come back"
Any O6er "no"
Locke "ok"

I may be stretching it a bit, but he barely put up a fight. Then he breaks down again and wants to kill himself. Locke losses faith in himself more often than Jack does. He is wishy washy, indecisive, lacks commitment and has shown no leadership.

So what is special about Locke?? What does he bring to the table??

Locke kept his promise to Jin and he never asked Sun to come back. Appears Locke had to personally ask  each one to come back. Sun was sent back by Ben on a lie.Only if Locke asked even if  they said no then said yes because of Locke were they able to return to the island. Now how Ben convinced Sayid is a big question, but Ben used Locke as Ben's way back on the island. Locke was special enough to be resurrected hence his name John and the bible quote of plane 316.  Sun did not leap back in time because John did not personally ask her.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2009, 10:09:33 PM »
I have been thinking about what bothered me about this episode and I think I figured it out, and his name is John Locke.

Locke has been called special by both Ben and Widmore. So I am assuming they know something about the future and Lockes role in the island. They both are using Locke to get back control of the island. That part is fine.

What I am having trouble with is the idea that Locke is special. What has he done that is special so far?? His attempts at getting the Oceanic 6 back to the island was pathetic.
Any O6er "no"
Locke "ok"

I may be stretching it a bit, but he barely put up a fight. Then he breaks down again and wants to kill himself. Locke losses faith in himself more often than Jack does. He is wishy washy, indecisive, lacks commitment and has shown no leadership.

Locke kept his promise to Jin and he never asked Sun to come back. Appears Locke had to personally ask  each one to come back. Sun was sent back by Ben on a lie.Only if Locke asked even if  they said no then said yes because of Locke were they able to return to the island. Now how Ben convinced Sayid is a big question, but Ben used Locke as Ben's way back on the island. Locke was special enough to be resurrected hence his name John and the bible quote of plane 316.  Sun did not leap back in time because John did not personally ask her.

I'm glad you found the thread, Geronimo---oh, and by the way...you are brilliant. :)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2009, 02:16:46 PM »

Any O6er "no"
Locke "ok"

I'm glad you found the thread, Geronimo---oh, and by the way...you are brilliant. :)

Thanks. I don't post as often as I used to , only if have some thing to point out. I did add more theories on who really is special on front page to Juggy's article.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 02:29:55 PM by Geronimo Jackson »