Author Topic: The timing of this episode seems way off  (Read 8163 times)

Offline JackCrow

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: The timing of this episode seems way off
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 01:03:44 PM »
So here is the best excuse I could come up with...

Locke has the accident on a Friday, and talks to Jack.  Jack takes first trip the next day (Saturday).

5'ish days later, Locke still has nasty scabs, and Ben kills him (Wednesday).

The following Wednesday (Jack has already taken his second trip) someone finds Lockes body (he may have been paid up through the week at the hotel and only recently started to smell).

A few days later, the obituary comes out while Jack is on his third trip (long beard now).

If that were all possible, Jack would have the long beard, he could say to Kate he'd been flying every weekend (because he'd done it 3 weeks in a row), and it would explain the cuts on Lockes head (assuming the mortician has enough face paint to cover them).  And based on the way Jack looked at the hospital, I'd say he'd been using drugs/alcohol for quite a while at that point...

Jack

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 01:08:10 PM »
was it me or did this episode ruin the momentum we had going? ugh. More questions less answers for me.  >:(

Oh Mrs H, I'm sorry you feel this way! I was keeping a running list in my head of everything we were learning..

-Widmore was a leader of the Others
-Ben exiled him
-Ben may be evil
-Tunisia is the "exit"
-Where the name Jeremy Bentham came from
-Abaddon!
-Locke really wrote the note
-How Locke really died
-that Locke really was dead
-the whole Jin/wedding ring thing
-Ben is super evil
-that Ben didn't know much of ANYTHING until he tricked Locke into telling him
-Locke has emotions (talking to Kate about Helen)
-That Locke is still tricked by Ben (Ben is just very charming, like a cult leader, LOL)
-Ben is a cold, calculating murderer. He didn't know that Locke had to die. He just wanted to kill him. OOO!!!

But yeah, we got a TON more questions. But when Widmore was all, "Oh we have cameras there because that's the exit." I was like, Well, okay then!  ;D

Offline LOSTRULES

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 01:14:18 PM »
Why didn't Locke go see Kate and Sun? ???

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 01:48:14 PM »
And we finally have a date.
Bentham's passport was released on 12-12-2007.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »
Why didn't Locke go see Kate and Sun? ???

He did see Kate, and he promised Jin he wouldn't.

Offline LOSTRULES

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 02:34:23 PM »
i don't remember him seeing Kate.hmmm

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 03:02:23 PM »
I was just speaking to a buddy of mine and he got me thinking about this thread.  This is a timing issue but it doesn't involve Jack, it's about Widmore.

Widmore is talking to Locke about how they met when he was much younger.  Locke tells him that it happened 4 days ago in Locke time.  When Farraday mets Desmond in the hatch and tells him to go see his mother, Desmond wakes up in present time with that memory.  So wouldn't have Widmore remembered John Locke 4-5 days ago? Which then gets me thinking, how was Abbadon at the hospital with Locke? and how did he tell Locke to go on his walkabout when technically Widmore wouldn't know of Locke yet?  I could be off, but that's the rational they've used to explain time travel, which is quite confusing...LOL...

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 03:45:59 PM »
trodge - That all sounds perfectly fine to me.

Widmore just got that memory 4-5 days ago, but he just regards it as a memory that always was.

When Abbadon gets Locke to go on the walkabout I thought of it more as part of the major set up in getting every main charachter to be on that plane.  John wasn't the only person he was steering into place back then.

Offline JackCrow

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 10:17:58 PM »
Look, the island moves (in time) when you pull the donkey wheel.  When Ben pulled it, the island AND him jumped 10 months in the future.  Sayid said he was with Nadia for 9 months and she was murdered...just after Ben got back...

Then, the island hopped around as the donkey wheel stuttered.  Locke moved the wheel and it was three years in the future when he arrived...just in time for the '06 to be endowed with their moments of pain.  Explains why only a few days passed for the island folks...the island is truly 3 years ahead (once Locke moved the wheel) so they are now in sync with everyone else.

Ben spent two+ years hunting down Widmore folks (using Sayid) and his spies showed him that Locke showed up.  He got what he needed from Locke, so he killed him and essentially took his place with Hawkins.

Its all very simple :)

Jack

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 10:29:32 PM »
I was keeping a running list in my head of everything we were learning..

But a lot of that stuff only came from the mouths of entirely untrustworthy characters. I just can't imagine Widmore leading the Others.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 10:46:36 PM »
yeah for the first time in the history of lost i felt like i wasn't watching lost...... seeing john show up at all those places seemed so weird... like some other kind of show

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 10:50:08 PM »
I was keeping a running list in my head of everything we were learning..

But a lot of that stuff only came from the mouths of entirely untrustworthy characters. I just can't imagine Widmore leading the Others.

Widmore does seem to be a more suave version of Ben. Lies!

My mom brought up the fact that Ben wants to get the O6 back to the island, and Widmore wants to get the O6 back to the island, so... um... why are they fighting? LOL.

Even if it turns out that Widmore was lying, it was great to hear his side of the story. What he's said about Ben seems true to Ben's character, and thus far, Widmore has just been a mean old man, but we're not sure if he's a liar.

It was strange, though, that Locke told Widmore that Richard said he had to die, and Widmore's all, "Well we're not going to let that happen," whereas Christian and Richard were all, "Mmmm, yeah, you're going to have to die." Why would Widmore go against Richard like that? Did they have a falling-out too? Is Widmore still pissed that Richard let Ben take over? wtf??

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 10:56:51 PM »
Ya something about the timeline off the island isn't sitting well with me.  It doesn't seem to flow nicely.

I had assumed a few episodes ago that Widmore had spun the wheel and wasn't able to come back.  If he was able to come back, why wouldn't have been on the frieghter waiting for his army friends to come back and say, yep, Ben's dead...islands all yours...

Can someone tell me what month/year is it when Locke is running around trying to get people.  I just read that someone said that it's roughly May 2007.  I don't see how that could be, Bentham's passport was issued December of 2007.  Customs usually pays very close attention to that kinda thing. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:04:23 PM by trodge »

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 11:02:14 PM »
It was strange, though, that Locke told Widmore that Richard said he had to die, and Widmore's all, "Well we're not going to let that happen," whereas Christian and Richard were all, "Mmmm, yeah, you're going to have to die." Why would Widmore go against Richard like that? Did they have a falling-out too? Is Widmore still pissed that Richard let Ben take over? wtf??

WTF? Indeed!  :D

What about this exchange between Locke and Abaddon...

Abaddon: And your path... No matter what you did or what you do... Your path leads back to The Island.
Locke: You say that like it's all... inevitable.
Abaddon: Mr. Widmore told me, Richard Alpert said that you were going to die. So, you tell me John... Is that inevitable or is it a choice?
Locke: What? You think I wanna die? How is that?... How could you possibly think that's a choice?
Abaddon: Hey... I'm just a driver

Was Abaddon inferring that Locke's dying was a choice or wasn't?  ???

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 11:09:17 PM »
We are such masochists! Continue watching even though we know our brains are going to hurt... I guess because it's a good hurt, LOL!