Author Topic: ben crashes with the 316's  (Read 4464 times)

Offline taki1379

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
ben crashes with the 316's
« on: February 25, 2009, 11:18:08 PM »
Why did ben crash with the plane and not dissappear like jack, kate, and hurley? could it be that the island didn't want him back?

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: ben crashes with the 316's
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 11:19:38 PM »
I think he crashed with the others because he got up to move and give Jack his privacy. Had he stayed where he was he would have ended up with the others maybe?

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 11:20:37 PM »
Kate, Hurley and Jack flash on the ISLAND. Why do Ben, Lapidus & Sun crash/flash on the hydra?

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 11:46:53 PM »
^ what makes you think sun is at the hydra?

i think ben didn't flash because he isn't truly part of the island.. he was brought as a child.. and manipulated his way into leadership... he couldn't actually hear jacob... he isn't healed by the island, etc.

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 12:12:22 AM »
I assumed 'that woman' was Sun when they said it, but I'm thinking now that it was the Marshall who had Said in custody.

Sun may be in the same geography, but she isn't in the same time - she's jumping with Jack/Kate/Hurley.

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 12:14:47 AM »
oh - and Ben didn't flash because the Island doesn't want him back.

Remember he said that he would not being able to return once he moved the Island.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 12:16:27 AM »
I thought the Marshall was the chick who was talking to Locke.

Offline jphimself

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 12:23:22 AM »
Did I miss something?  I don't think we know anything about Ben's whereabouts.  All we know is where he is not.  He is not with Jack, Kate and Hurley and he is not with Locke and the 316's.  The only other people we heard about in this episode were the Pilot and an unnamed woman, who some people are guessing, reasonably, was Sun.

No Ben...yet.

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 12:24:48 AM »
I also thought the marshall was the woman talking to Locke

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 12:35:33 AM »
Did I miss something?  I don't think we know anything about Ben's whereabouts.  All we know is where he is not.  He is not with Jack, Kate and Hurley and he is not with Locke and the 316's.  The only other people we heard about in this episode were the Pilot and an unnamed woman, who some people are guessing, reasonably, was Sun.

No Ben...yet.

I believe you did miss something. Caesar brought Locke to see the passengers that had been hurt. Locke saw someone and went over to look at them, and we see that the person lying there is Ben. Locke says, thats the man who killed me.

Offline jphimself

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 12:36:35 AM »

No Ben...yet.

I believe you did miss something. Caesar brought Locke to see the passengers that had been hurt. Locke saw someone and went over to look at them, and we see that the person lying there is Ben. Locke says, thats the man who killed me.

Right.  Thanks.

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 12:36:52 AM »
yes, the Marshall was with Caesar and Locke. She is not whoever went with Frank. In fact, I think she's the one who says the pilot took off in the middle of the night.

Offline userh6478

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 12:39:39 AM »
Totally Agree..Do think ceasar and that girl(marshall) know anything..Why is Locke soo frontcoming..I would be little nervous to tell my story to everyone..talk about Crazyy.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 02:15:39 AM »
looked to me like ceasar knew what he was looking for. they (him and the marshall) obviously work for widmore along with sayid now. at least that is what I think after this episode as of right now.

Offline uofapiglet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 03:37:58 AM »
I don't know about you guys but I'm worried for the new people on the island. I can't help what the new castaways of Ajira 316 must think of the whole crashing on some remote island situation. What happens to all those people that were on the flight with them and what purpose do they serve? Was there a reason as to why Cesar, Lady Marshall, etc. were on the flight and brought to the island much like our original survivors? Sure we've got some new redshirts and if anything the crash sets the timeline back on a reference for the present day... but one can't help but wonder if they will come to play in the upcoming "war".

In response to the post... I imagine that the O6 are flashing in time... And Ben and Locke are free from the flashes because they have a different connection to the island. Maybe the island disowned Ben and Locke is the new Christian.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 04:07:16 AM by uofapiglet »