Poll

Who do we trust

Ben Linus
Charles Widmore

Author Topic: Who do we trust?  (Read 9138 times)

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Who do we trust?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 11:35:22 PM »
Ben only killed Locke when he got the name of Ms. Hawking. Once Ben knew who could get him back, he didn't need Locke alive any more.

I think in some ways Jack has it right. He doesn't believe or trust anyone or anything.

What I find it odd is that Ben can kill Locke, but he can't kill Widmore. Widmore can't kill Ben either.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 11:52:47 PM »
I picked Ben.  Personally, I'd trust neither of them but I still think Ben is the lesser of two evils and in some sick twisted way, his goals are good.  I think the show is just manipulating us just like Ben and Widmore manipulate each other.  Next week, we'll find out Ben knew Locke would've come back to life on the island.

Offline blueeyed2200

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 12:06:47 AM »
I don't know how to answer this one . . . . Ben ultimately planned the killing of all the Dharma people, brought Juliet to the island and never let her leave,  has killed massive amounts of people . . I think I might believe Widmore

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 12:20:57 AM »
I still trust Ben...I think he stopped Locke from killing himself a major sin, he knew Locke had to die, so he did the dirty work....The writers are sure being trixie....it's all so crazy...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 12:42:28 AM »
I have no idea who we believe. They have done such a good job disguising the truth on this show.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 12:45:24 AM »
I have no clue.  Widmore's personality was completely different than any other time we've seen him. 

Offline losttill0208

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 01:28:07 AM »
Given Lost's history I would have to say I would trust Ben because this episode tried to make Widmore look good and Ben look bad, yea Ben killed Locke but everyone is back on the island and Locke is ALIVE!
but ben didn't know locke was gonna resurrect on the island...

I've never trusted Ben.. and although Widmore may not be being entirely honest, I'll trust him for now

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 01:35:14 AM »
Still seems to me like they are both bad and both good.  Widmore still wants control of the island.  He has been following around the 06 for no reason.  He knows that Locke has come to bring them back somehow.  Ben wants to be in control of the island he has tried to kill Locke twice now.

I think that each one is trying to protect the island but at the same time not doing exactly what they should to protect the island.  Each one was devastated when their time as leader on the island was over.  Now they are tying to manipulate there way back to the island.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 02:54:49 AM »
At this point I don't trust either of them.  Both Widmore and Linus both are fighting for control of this island and apparently because John is so important to the island they both need him in some way.  The Island doesn't seem to want either Widmore or Linus.  John is the true leader.  Widmore and Linus both want power. They are both bad guys to me. At this point anyway.

Offline Beej

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 08:39:28 AM »
I wanted to vote for Charles Widmore, because he looked more of a person you can trust... But i finally vote for Ben why ? Come on this is lost! everything can happen

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 08:57:04 AM »
I voted for Widmore.  It's kind of like a pendulum though... trust one of them one week, the other the following week.  I think the question should have been "Who do we trust more?"... allowing us to pick one while knowing that person can't be trusted completely.  The main reason I chose Widmore is Ben killing John.  After staging it like a suicide, he said he'd miss John.  Which means he was not thinking that John would be resurrected on the island.  I'm sure he'll lie and tell John that he knew he'd be okay... that he was meant to die and that by talking him down, he was actually causing harm.

Offline Sexymhan

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 10:07:42 AM »
I don't trust either of them.

The show keeps reminding me of the old PC game "Myst".  I never played the game but two of my brothers played it and kept talking about it so I'm some what familiar with it.  For those of you who are not familiar with Myst it is a game played in the first person perspective.  Your stranded on an island, you don't know how you got there or what you have to do.  As you move in the game you find clues that help you advance.  It is a very long and detailed adventure.  The island has many places that resemble hatches.  The clues you find are those that are left from two brothers.  I think they are each identified by a color, one brother being red and the other blue.  Each brothers tell you not to believe the other brother, that he is bad.

I think the clues lead you to determine that your objective is to help the brothers find their fathers last will and testament and bring it to them.  Not sure what is in the will, if it is gold and treasure or possession of the Island.  But you never know which brother to trust and which one to deliver the will to.  At the end of the game you have to make a choice to trust one of the brothers.  It turns out they are both bad and you should trust neither of them.

I just keep thinking that both Widmore and Ben should not be trusted.  Each time we believe one is good or bad they do something that proves they are just the opposite.

Offline katbriil

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 11:49:49 AM »
I picked Ben. I've liked him since the days of Henry Gale, and even then I knew he was up to no good. Every time he does something terrible and violent, like kill John or his father, I am shocked (I guess part of me still feels like he's the good guy). I don't think his intentions are entirely pure, but I think he thinks he's doing the right thing.

Offline LOSTRULES

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 11:59:32 AM »
I really don't trust either of them but I voted for Ben. I am just thinking back to the Jughead episode and how rotten Widmore was when he was on the island. From that point on, I just didn't like him. Not to mention that he said that he was there leader but it definitely didn't seem that way when they showed him on the island. Also, I know Ben has done some very rotten things but for some reason I really think that Ben is "for" the island. He seems more like he wants to protect it than Widmore does. I know he killed Locke and I was completely shocked by this also, but he does bring him back to the island, which leads me to believe that he knew Locke would be resurrected.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 12:55:30 PM »
I really don't trust either of them but I voted for Ben. I am just thinking back to the Jughead episode and how rotten Widmore was when he was on the island. From that point on, I just didn't like him. Not to mention that he said that he was there leader but it definitely didn't seem that way when they showed him on the island. Also, I know Ben has done some very rotten things but for some reason I really think that Ben is "for" the island. He seems more like he wants to protect it than Widmore does. I know he killed Locke and I was completely shocked by this also, but he does bring him back to the island, which leads me to believe that he knew Locke would be resurrected.
He probably found out from Eloise that Locke must also return to the island.  I can imagine his reaction, too... "Oh, crap!". :D