Author Topic: What the hell? Ben is a bastard!!  (Read 12214 times)

Offline HugeJohnLockeFan

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
What the hell? Ben is a bastard!!
« on: February 25, 2009, 10:57:10 PM »
How dare he stop John Locke from killing himself... and then when he reveals that he knows a woman (Eloise Hawkin), he decides to KILL HIM!

What the ****?!

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: What the hell? Ben is a bastard!!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 11:09:12 PM »
He needed the information and one dead Locke.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 11:17:35 PM »
Ben certainly lived up to his potential tonight! He proved he is the bug-eyed (insert profanity here) that he is! I hate him!!!

Offline PILOT

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 11:33:22 PM »
Why would hate or not like Ben, I know that this episode made him look bad but look how everything turned out, they are all on the island an Locke is alive. Ben got the job done, no harm no foul. Ben rules! Maybe Locke was not supposed to commit suicide, that may have been a rule.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 11:45:35 PM »
maybe he has to be killed... and isn't allowed to kill himself?

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 02:10:18 AM »
Ironically enough Ben (a con man) strangles Locke .........Sawyer (a con man) strangles Cooper (locke Dad)

Locke died just like his dad died
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 02:22:47 AM by Bostonlost »

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 02:13:13 AM »
I don't think he did anything to bad.  I mean Richard saying Locke was going to have to die.  Maybe Ben knew all of this was going to happen as well.  He just needed to know one more thing.  And that was who he needed to talk to, to be able to get back to the island.  When this happened he killed Locke because Locke needed to die.

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 02:24:25 AM »
I don't think he did anything to bad.  I mean Richard saying Locke was going to have to die.  Maybe Ben knew all of this was going to happen as well.  He just needed to know one more thing.  And that was who he needed to talk to, to be able to get back to the island.  When this happened he killed Locke because Locke needed to die.

I don't know when Locke was talking there was a genuine hate for him and supprise at Locke's infomation......Ben seemed to want to talk Locke down off the "ledge".

When he heard that Jin was alive he changed then...And there was something that set me off about Hawkin's...Almost like Locke had showed his cards and was no longer usefull....so I will snap his his throat

A theory is that Ben goes to Hawkins and she tells him that they need Locke
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 02:29:38 AM by Bostonlost »

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 02:32:25 AM »
i knew ben was going to actually kill locke right when Locke told him about Jin's ring and he said rather condescending and not believeable at all " a promise is a promise John". Locke was too emotional and confised to even tell... Ben is a bastard... though still confussed.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 02:33:14 AM »
I feel that if Locke killed himself then the island wont take him back. it might make him a sinner. like the catholics believed you wouldn't go to heaven if you killed yourself. Ben had to do it. or it wouldn't be a crucifix. God didn't commit suicide he was hung. !!!!  My feeling is that Ben is and has always done what he needed to do for the island. Ben= good.  :o We just don't know it yet.

* add - ( Jesus,  God,  you know )
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 02:36:29 AM by Mrs Hume »

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 02:34:54 AM »

A theory is that Ben goes to Hawkins and she tells him that they need Locke

I dont think so... i think Ben has that in mind... but she tells him what she told jack  kate sun and des ... " its not all but itll just HAVE TO DO." so she just goes with the runner up.... Ben.

any thoughts?

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 02:49:54 AM »
I don't know I just rewatched that scene

Ben looks puzzled again....About the Jin question helps Locke off table and Locke then brings up Ms. Hawkins and that sets Ben Off ....I took it as true anger and rage

We know he has tried to Kill Locke before

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 02:55:49 AM »
widmore said that Ben tricked widmore into leaving the island. Ben didn't do that to Locke. makes me think Widmore should have been kicked off. Ben is getting Locke back on

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 03:00:07 AM »
widmore said that Ben tricked widmore into leaving the island. Ben didn't do that to Locke. makes me think Widmore should have been kicked off. Ben is getting Locke back on

hmmm i think that ben didnt know that locke was told he needed to die. i think out of rage and him seeing a way he can get back on to be top dog on the island he kills locke because he saw a way to get sun with jins ring. as ben was chokeing locke you could see the remorse in his face. ben has ALWAYS acted childish and selfish with his emotions/ actions... "YOURE MINE!!!" and you ahead you wont kill my daugh..... oops. then after killing Keamy ... so? so cold.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 03:05:46 AM »
I'm just confused because up until John mentioned Eloise Hawkins, Ben seemed to be up to his old deceitful ways and was getting John to believe that he could help him.  Then he snapped.  Eloise is connected to Widmore, isn't she?  Ben didn't know that John was supposed to die, (I can't remember if John told him or not).  It's like he suddenly snapped when he heard her name and then starts strangling him. When he said, "I'll miss you John" this indicates to me that he did not know that John was supposed to die.