SWLS News & Info > Help, Hints & Other Useful Info

How to use SPOILER tags to post spoiler material in NON-SPOILER forums

(1/7) > >>

sledgeweb:
There is a section of this forum dedicated to spoiler material. However, sometimes you may want to post spoiler material in the non-spoiler area of the forum. To do this, you need to use the spoiler tags. Spoiler tags hide the text within the tags, so users who don't wish to be spoiler, won't see the text. Those that don't mind being spoiled, can click a button to read the hidden text. Here is an example:

SpoilerEthan is really Locke's mother
The format for using the spoiler tag is this:

[ spoiler ]Text to be hidden[ /spoiler ]

Except you don't add the extra spaces inside the brackets as I have done above. I will eventually add a spoiler button, so you can just highlight the spoiler text and click the spoiler button to tag it - but, for now, this has to be done manually.

Pandora:
For those who were having problems using the spoiler tag early on, Sledge has now corrected the issue.  You can now try it again as he described.

JBRam:

--- Quote from: sledgeweb on May 03, 2006, 12:38:00 AM ---There is a section of this forum dedicated to spoiler material. However, sometimes you may want to post spoiler material in the non-spoiler area of the forum. To do this, you need to use the spoiler tags. Spoiler tags hide the text within the tags, so users who don't wish to be spoiler, won't see the text. Those that don't mind being spoiled, can click a button to read the hidden text. Here is an example:

SpoilerEthan is really Locke's mother
The format for using the spoiler tag is this:

[ spoiler ]Text to be hidden[ /spoiler ]

Except you don't add the extra spaces inside the brackets as I have done above. I will eventually add a spoiler button, so you can just highlight the spoiler text and click the spoiler button to tag it - but, for now, this has to be done manually.

--- End quote ---
WHAT?!?!?! Ethan is Lcoke's MOTHER?!?!?!?!
wow... I never knew that... Where'd you find it?

JBRam:

--- Quote from: sledgeweb on May 09, 2006, 08:35:10 PM ---When you are posting from the forum (as opposed to posting from the external main SWLS pages), you can use the following code to post "Clickie" links.

[ URL=http://lost.cubit.net ]Clickie[ /URL ]

Just leave out the extra spaces around the brackets [ ]. You can replace the word Clicke with whatever text you want to be the link. For example, CLICK HERE to search the web.

--- End quote ---
Thanks, Sledge. I was wondering how y'all did that. Similarly, how do you edit the text in a Spoiler tag? I see Pandy doing it all the time.

Pandora:
JB:  Just put [ Spoiler=Sourceofspoilerorwhateversillytitle ] Spoiler stuff here [ /spoiler ]
(what comes after the = will be the title)

Here's what it'll look like if you take out the spaces:
Hey JBRamBoo!
Hope that's what you meant...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version